Reload this Page >

Free hotel night at Melia hotels

Old Apr 13, 2014, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold

Hi all,

See here how to get a free night at some Melia hotels: http://extremehoteldeals.com/melia_deal/

Always gotta love Extremehoteldeals.

Points cannot be transferred!

Free nights possible at (but not limited to):

Spain: A lot of additional hotels are available on Melia.
Tryp Madrid Airport Suites
Tryp Madrid Gran Via
Tryp Leganes
Tryp Madrid Chamartin
Tryp Madrid Chamberi
Tryp Madrid Alcala 611
Tryp Madrid Washington

Spain Majorca:
Tryp Palma Bosque
Sol Cala d’Or Apartemntos
Sol Trinidad
Sol Alcudia Center Hotel Apartamentos
Sol Kathmandu Park&Resort

Egypt:
Melia Sharm
Sol Cyrene (All inclusive for 9k points)
Sol Sharm (All inclusive for 9k points)
Melia Sinai (Bed&Breakfast)

Germany:
QGreenhotel by Melia, Frankfurt
TRYP Bochum-Wattenscheid
TRYP Centro Oberhausen
TRYP Celle

Portugal:
TRYP Covilha Dona Maria
TRYP Montijo Parque
TRYP Porto Centro

Croatia (Umag)
CampingIN Park Umag
Apartments Polynesia
Sol Katoro
Sol Stella Apartments

Last edited by BobKop; Apr 14, 2014 at 1:57 am Reason: fixed URL
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:09 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Signed up and got error that email already registered. Cleared history and signed up again with new email and got only 2000 points. Promo is misleading, sounds like you have to book cash and points in order to get the 10k, which I believe is not the case. 2000 is pretty much worthless, especially when have several not combinable accounts.

Good luck!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:10 pm

Everyone I know of who has signed up thus far has gotten 12k points automatically. No bookings are required unless they changed something. However, as terms state this promo only runs until they run out of the allotted points.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:15 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
They expire April 30?....
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:15 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
This is what I'm showing when I log out of Melia and back in.

You have 2,000 Points that expire on 13/04/2015| Your current status is MeliRewards

Doubt they could have run out of points already......but then again this is the new Flyertalk!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by idealflyer
Signed up and got error that email already registered. Cleared history and signed up again with new email and got only 2000 points. Promo is misleading, sounds like you have to book cash and points in order to get the 10k, which I believe is not the case. 2000 is pretty much worthless, especially when have several not combinable accounts.

Good luck!

I signed up and got the 12K points... maybe they changed it?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Executive Club Gold, Miles & Bonus Gold, Alaska Mileage Plan, Aeroplan, LifeMiles
I received 12 000 points but when booing a room I can only redeem 2000 points. Is Anyone having the same problem?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
I signed up and got the 12k free points.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:25 pm

Works Fine

Originally Posted by BCNforever
I received 12 000 points but when booing a room I can only redeem 2000 points. Is Anyone having the same problem?
This works fine, I have opened several different accounts and booked rooms with no issues, the true questions are:

1) How much longer?
2) If booked already will they be canceled?
3) Can we convert points to Airline, right now getting error unable to transfer on "BONUS" points?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
I got 12K pts and a 15% discount code.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by DLDFW
This works fine, I have opened several different accounts and booked rooms with no issues, the true questions are:

1) How much longer?
2) If booked already will they be canceled?
3) Can we convert points to Airline, right now getting error unable to transfer on "BONUS" points?
3) I am getting this:
The bonus points you earn when you sign up for the programme cannot be transferred.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Executive Club Gold, Miles & Bonus Gold, Alaska Mileage Plan, Aeroplan, LifeMiles
Originally Posted by BCNforever
I got it: on check-out I can adjust the number of points Go for the free night!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS Gold75k, WN CP, Starwood Gold
I'm having trouble figuring out how to book with points for TRYP hotels. Whenever I search, it tells me to go to "Visit tryphotels.com and get the best available rate" where I'm unable to find where I can redeem the Melia points.

Any tips? Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:16 pm

Exclamation

Hmm, the OP & Extremehoteldeals missing half the info for the deal!

Its not that great a deal.

The 10,000 points expire at the end of the month.
The bonus points can NOT be transferred (air miles etc)
The bonus points are SUPPOSED to be used with points & cash deals and they are nearly worthless unless you book a dive.

BUT
It looks like BCN has found a way around this! Post up how you got a free night BCN, or did you book points & cash?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:21 pm

telabadmanwot,

Originally the post linked to http://extremehoteldeals.com/melia_deal/ It says right in there the miles can't be transferred/exchanged and that you can in fact use them to book free nights. I realize now it maybe more confusing if people go straight to promo page and only see what's listed there. Bobkop, can you edit OP to add in some of the info from the EHD post?

Last edited by Yinzer; Apr 13, 2014 at 6:37 pm Reason: realized maybe confusion from the OP changing link

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.