Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Inn by Radisson - San Jose, Costa Rica for $35.17/night or much less

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2013, 2:20 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver, M&M FTL, Flying Blue Silver, Duna Club Silver
Originally Posted by fishinggal
I called Customer Care number and asked them to verify my rate. The lady said, "5,000 gold points and 87 CRC". I told her that my email confirmation said that same thing, but that when I log in online to Club Carlson it shows a different rate. She was confused and verified my original rate again. I thanked her and hung up. I'm going on the assumption that the rate will be honored. I am checking in Feb 19, so I hope all is well!
I think it is better to get that in writing, because you could have a problem if the rate still shows USD in their system at check-in. Good luck, though, fingers crossed.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by fishinggal
I called Customer Care number and asked them to verify my rate. The lady said, "5,000 gold points and 87 CRC". I told her that my email confirmation said that same thing, but that when I log in online to Club Carlson it shows a different rate. She was confused and verified my original rate again. I thanked her and hung up. I'm going on the assumption that the rate will be honored. I am checking in Feb 19, so I hope all is well!
Yes, I will be curious how your stay goes. I got the same response from CC on my second email, that my rate had not changed and I would be charged in the local currency. I'm going to respond back with screen shots and see what they say. I don't think they are understanding what is going on.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21:20144903

Yes, I will be curious how your stay goes. I got the same response from CC on my second email, that my rate had not changed and I would be charged in the local currency. I'm going to respond back with screen shots and see what they say. I don't think they are understanding what is going on.
Why respond back?? You have all the proof you need (original reservation + confirmation of the rate from CC)!!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
..... I don't think they are understanding what is going on.
This pretty well sums it up...
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
This pretty well sums it up...
I agree.
I just sent an email to the hotel directly asking them to confirm the amount that I will be required to pay upon check-in and a copy of my itinerary. Pretty straight forward I think.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by redreeper
I agree.
I just sent an email to the hotel directly asking them to confirm the amount that I will be required to pay upon check-in and a copy of my itinerary. Pretty straight forward I think.
So you said you'd pay 5000 points and 17 cents?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by hobo13
So you said you'd pay 5000 points and 17 cents?
No. They did. But then they didn't.
No response yet.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by redreeper
No. They did. But then they didn't.
No response yet.
Haha, well, keep us posted. I like to book mistakes far in the future so that I can let others fight my battles! (Actually, the truth is that I have to book far into the future, because my near-term is always full from the last round of mistakes.... )
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Just received a call from CC Customer Care that the original rate will be honored as long as there are no changes in the reservation.

My CC account does not reflect that (still has the rate in USD), but i ll give it a few days..

^ if they honor the rate and ^^ for letting me know via phone!!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Nikolaos
Just received a call from CC Customer Care that the original rate will be honored as long as there are no changes in the reservation.

My CC account does not reflect that (still has the rate in USD), but i ll give it a few days..

^ if they honor the rate and ^^ for letting me know via phone!!
Just received same call advised of the same....Asked if I could have an email sent to me to confirm in case any problems arise in SJO and was told that there should be no problems as corporate is working directly with the property on this...we will see...
Old Feb 15, 2013, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by NYCUA81
Just received same call advised of the same....Asked if I could have an email sent to me to confirm in case any problems arise in SJO and was told that there should be no problems as corporate is working directly with the property on this...we will see...
i too got a call earlier today, hope they honor t...
Old Feb 16, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I wonder if there isn't one of the fundamental dynamics of negotiation going on here. The market has fluctuated wildly. When the rate first posted, they were inundated with reservations (helped by word-of-mouth-marketing here). "What's this all about? ...Oh. Hey, we can't live with such a high volume at a money-losing price like this!" So, they said "No." Their bookings evaporated in a heartbeat. Now, customers who've hung in there can exploit the ultimate tactic: "I'll walk..." ...credibly.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:34 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
So they are honoring the rate now?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Rusell
So they are honoring the rate now?
Yes. Email and phone call stating I would only pay the points part of the booking, nothing else. The CC rep stated they could not change things in the system regarding the $$$ but I would not be asked or required to pay it.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:09 am

Nice score for those who got in. Glad to see the property doing the right thing, albeit after initially not even realizing the issue!

Please review after your stays, I'm interested in the property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.