Park Inn by Radisson - San Jose, Costa Rica for $35.17/night or much less

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Inn by Radisson - San Jose, Costa Rica for $35.17/night or much less

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:14 am

Hola

My purchased points posted (say that fast 3 times) last night. Reserved 5 nights over New Year 2014. Bueno...Gracias OP

Let hope it sticks
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Tiki

Don't go overboard with the great rate, there is so much more to see in Costa Rica!
Exactly - book in one/two day stays max - and cancel the ones you dont want while venturing elsewhere - last thing you want is being stuck in San Jose for a week!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 2:58 pm

Nice find!^
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
It seems so !
I have 8 nights x 2 rooms confirmed at Christmas,
19-27th, for family vacation.
IF this sticks, and IF we find reasonable airfare, we might just be joining you......
Old Jan 14, 2013, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Exactly - book in one/two day stays max - and cancel the ones you dont want while venturing elsewhere - last thing you want is being stuck in San Jose for a week!
thanks FT, I booked 3 nights over thanksgiving. now need to work on bizness class tkts for two. which alliance or airlines has the best upper class service from US to SJO.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:35 am

Airport Transportation

Does anyone know what transportation might be like in terms of cost or possibility of a free hotel shuttle? I see that it's 3.6 miles from San Jose Tobias Bolaos Intl. Airport (SYQ).
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vision20
Does anyone know what transportation might be like in terms of cost or possibility of a free hotel shuttle? I see that it's 3.6 miles from San Jose Tobias Bolaos Intl. Airport (SYQ).
A cab might cost more than the room!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: Anything that gives nice sign up bonuses
SYQ is not the main international airport for San Jose... SJO is the main international airport where most flights arrive. A cab to the city is something like $25-$30 bucks, but if you have even a little adventure in you, the city bus is just outside the terminal and it costs around $1 into the city. From the end of the bus ride there are local cabs that would cost no more than a couple of dollars to anywhere in the downtown core.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
http://www.parkinn.com/hotel-sanjose

Positioned only three blocks from Paseo Coln, San Jos's main avenue, and walking distance from downtown, the Park Inn by Radisson San Jos, Costa Rica is perfect for vacations and business trips.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Tiki
...there is so much more to see in Costa Rica!
Agree. And actually, I've discussed this with friends who also know San Jose. None of us thinks we would care much for the location for a vacation. Cheap this way - check. A reliable Park Inn - likely. Good weather when it's crummy in North America - check. Place for a one-night stay before heading out of town - OK. The area isn't scary. But I wouldn't want to travel that far to end up in downtown San Jose, given all the warm options in the world. Third world downtown. It's really crowded. The park is a big flat city park with many, many people hanging out -- mostly picnicking families, to be sure, et al.

Pura vida? I just don't know. People might think twice before jumping, sight unseen.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:59 pm

changed to USD

Did anyone else's reservations switch to show usd instead of crc ?I just logged into my account and saw the updated rate
Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by gatorprincess85
Did anyone else's reservations switch to show usd instead of crc ?I just logged into my account and saw the updated rate
yep, my rate is now $287 USD plus the 15K points.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Yes, my rate has been adjusted too. But i have the confirmation email. No contact from the hotel or CC!!

So who is going first??
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Sure enough...
on the website the res now shows $87 USD per night.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:30 pm

Just got the notice from AwardWallet that the Park Inn reservation was 'mucked with'. Shows that they just swapped a $ in place of the CR.

This is the second time that AwardWallet has caught such stealthy trickery. Love it.

So, who's contacted the hotel or CC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.