Airport Express Current Discount

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paul00
List of current discounts on the Airport Express

Free travel for children (aged 3-11) and half-price travel for seniors (aged 65+)

From 16 December 2022 to 29 January 2023, Child Octopus card holders enjoy free journeys, while Elder Octopus / JoyYou Card holders enjoy a 50% discount on the Octopus fare. Details available on the MTR website.

Up to 40% off single and return tickets

When purchased in advance online at kkday (https://www.kkday.com/en/product/2425) and you will get a e-redemption voucher QR Code 1-2 hours later, or...
When purchased online from Klook (https://www.klook.com/activity/71-ai...ess-hong-kong/). After payment, you will immediately receive a confirmation email and e-redemption voucher (which is valid for 1 month from the order date), and can use it immediately (as of May 2019)
Hong Kong, Kowloon and Tsing Yi station tickets are available at a discount of around 40% off.

Alternatively, if you pay with an HSBC credit card and the total order amount is at least USD50, you will receive an additional USD5 discount by entering the promo code HSBC18US5 (first order only). For details, see https://www.homeandaway.hsbc.com/1/2...looktravel/all

Note: if you purchase multiple one-way tickets in a single transaction on Klook, you will only be issued a single voucher. If you exchange that voucher, you will receive multiple tickets, valid on the day of exchange only.

If you want to purchase multiple tickets for use on different days (say several different trips) you have to buy single one-way tickets in separate Klook transactions, receive several separate vouchers, and exchange those vouchers on your respective travel dates.

30% off single and return tickets

Use promotion code mtronline when buying a single or return ticket on the MTR website or MTR mobile app between 16 December 2019 and 5 January 2020. Tickets are valid for 92 days from the date of purchase. For details, see http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/main/ael_winter.html

Group discount (2, 3 or 4 people travelling together)

Discount available on a single journey fare to/from the airport: http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/ti..._4persons.html

50% off an Airport Express single journey to the airport

If using an Octopus card, a 50% discount is available on a single journey fare to the airport if taking the taxi (taxi fare of HKD60 or more) to Kowloon or Tsing Yi station (but not Hong Kong station): http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/tickets/ael_taxi.html

Free connection on the MTR

http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/se...nnections.html

30% off single and return tickets

When purchased from Hong Thai travel agency either online (http://www.hongthai.com/tc/Promotion...Promotion.html) or in person at a branch office (list of addresses: http://www.hongthai.com/tc/templates/BranchListAll.html).

If purchasing online, the "confirmation note" (which you must print out and show at the Airport Express station ticket counter to get your ticket) will be e-mailed to you 12-24 hours after you make your purchase on the Hong Thai website. The "confirmation note" is valid for 60 days from the order date. Visa, MasterCard, UnionPay and American Express are accepted payment methods for online orders.

If purchasing in person at a branch office, only cash/EPS is accepted. You will receive a paper voucher valid until 31 December 2018 which must be exchanged for a ticket at the Airport Express station ticket counter.

Confirmation Note is redeemed at Airport Express Customer Service Centre at Tsing Yi/Kowloon/Hong Kong stations; not HKIA station. When flying into HKIA, head directly to Airport Express train. Do not stop at HKIA Airport Express Customer Service Centre. Once you arrive at Tsing Yi/Kowloon/Hong Kong, redeem at Customer Service Centre for ticket to exit the turnstile.

(Old info that has not been updated/verified since Jul 2018 below)

22% off single and return tickets

When purchased in person from Skywards Travel, which has 15 branches in Hong Kong (http://www.skywards.com.hk/files/con...3-file_cht.pdf).

20% off single and return tickets

When purchased in person from Travel Expert travel agency (which has many branches in HK, including in Central MTR station and Kowloon and Tsing Yi Airport Express stations). The Travel Expert branch in Central MTR station (shop number E17) sells a one-way ticket between HK and the airport for HKD80, and a return ticket between HK and the airport for HKD144. The Travel Expert branch in Kowloon station (shop number 53 located to the right hand side of the in-town check in area) sells a one-way ticket between Kowloon and the airport for HKD72, and a return ticket between Kowloon and the airport for HKD128. The Travel Expert branch in Tsing Yi station (shop number 302) sells a one-way ticket between Tsing Yi and the airport for HKD48, and a return ticket between Tsing Yi and the airport for HKD88. Airport Express tickets are also available from other Travel Expert branches (full list at http://www.travelexpert.com.hk/en/Ab...ails.asp?Uid=6).

Up to 16% off single and return tickets (including child tickets)

Gray Line Tours sells Tsing Yi tickets at a 16% off discount, and Hong Kong/Kowloon tickets at a 10% off discount: http://www.grayline.com.hk/transportation/1/fulllist/4
Print Wikipost

Airport Express Current Discount

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:30 pm

And through August there's half-price if you're 65 or over, at least with an Elder Octopus card.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by paul00
I've just updated the wiki as Klook is now offering a 35% off discount (same as Hong Thai).

Also, with effect from this month (June 2017), Airport Express fares have increased (for the first time since operations commenced 19 years ago):

Previous fares:
HK - Airport: HK$100 (one-way), HK$180 (return)
Kowloon - Airport: HK$90 (one-way), HK$160 (return)
Tsing Yi - Airport: HK$60 (one-way), HK$110 (return)

New fares:
HK - Airport: HK$115 (one-way), HK$205 (return)
Kowloon - Airport: HK$105 (one-way), HK$185 (return)
Tsing Yi - Airport: HK$70 (one-way), HK$120 (return)
Thanks. I was wondering why despite having 95$ on my Octopus,the gate asked me to top up (it still let me thru though, because of the $35 "overdraft" facility.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:01 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Just added ctrip.com (Mainland China web version) to the wiki. Airport Express tickets available at the following price:

HK - Airport: RMB61 (one-way), RMB108 (return) – around 40% off the regular price
Kowloon - Airport: RMB57 (one-way), RMB94 (return) – around 40% off the regular price
Tsing Yi - Airport: RMB41 (one-way), RMB71 (return) – around 30% off the regular price

Last edited by paul00; Jul 30, 2017 at 4:07 am
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:29 am

I note that Hong Thai is cheaper than Klook now. Return to HK Station on Klook is HKD133, but on Hong Thai its HKD123, making Hong Thai 40% discount now.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by paul00
Just added ctrip.com (Mainland China web version) to the wiki. Airport Express tickets available at the following price:

HK - Airport: RMB61 (one-way), RMB108 (return) – around 40% off the regular price
Kowloon - Airport: RMB57 (one-way), RMB94 (return) – around 40% off the regular price
Tsing Yi - Airport: RMB41 (one-way), RMB71 (return) – around 30% off the regular price
They add 50 CNY for handling and delivery.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by 889
And through August there's half-price if you're 65 or over, at least with an Elder Octopus card.
Two questions;

1. Some posts refer to a Wiki, but I see no stand-alone Wiki on this topic. Is the reference to Wiki just this thread? If so, when someone says that it is "updated", where do I find the "update"?

2. If I purchase a one-way fare from Klook.com, for example, is that good only for HKIA to Kowloon for example? Or Can I use it instead from Kowloon (for example) to HKIA instead?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by blueline7
1. Some posts refer to a Wiki, but I see no stand-alone Wiki on this topic. Is the reference to Wiki just this thread? If so, when someone says that it is "updated", where do I find the "update"?
Eh? There is a Wiki attached to this thread. If you view it and then click the Edit button you can see the editing history if you so desire.
2. If I purchase a one-way fare from Klook.com, for example, is that good only for HKIA to Kowloon for example? Or Can I use it instead from Kowloon (for example) to HKIA instead?
The Klook page linked in the Wiki gives instructions for redeeming vouchers both at the airport and at the other stations, so presumably they work in either direction.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by christep
Eh? There is a Wiki attached to this thread. If you view it and then click the Edit button you can see the editing history if you so desire.
For FT users who view FT via a mobile web browser, often times it is not obvious that a thread has a wiki because the mobile web browser default is to orient the thread page to the newest unread post. If I want to view a thread's wiki page from my mobile phone, I open the thread, and then manually scroll all the way back to the top of the page.

FT wikis are a lot more obvious / easy to use when viewing FT using a PC or Mac web browser. One of the few limitations of the otherwise pretty decent FT mobile web version.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
MTR now has a promotion whereby the AE Travel Pass (Airport Express Ride +3 days of unlimited MTR travel) are sold with a discount:

2 AE rides: 280HKD-50HKD (Deposit)-180HKD (AE ride)=16,6HKD /day
1 AE ride: 200HKD-50HKD (Deposit)-100HKD (AE ride)=16,6HKD /day
I am looking at ordering one of these. I see the promotion ends on October 31. My trip is is January of 2018. Does anyone know the expiration date on these travel passes?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by 466SHH
I am looking at ordering one of these. I see the promotion ends on October 31. My trip is is January of 2018. Does anyone know the expiration date on these travel passes?
If you click through to the purchase page you will see it stated clearly:
- All ordered tickets are non-refundable and must be collected within 92 days from the ""Order Date"".
- Ticket is valid for 180 days from day of issue.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:33 pm

Thank you. Looks like all I need to do is order late in October and I should be fine. I actually need two of these as I have two stopovers, one each way. Ran the numbers and with the discount, I'll come out ahead on both stopover, since the MTR is my preferred mode of travel.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Hong Thai worked like a charm. Ordered 2:30AM HKT. My bank declined twice. Once that was sorted out, I received redemption voucher before 9AM HKT.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 12:10 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

There's a promotion (free travel for Child Octopus Card holders aged 3-11 and half-price travel for Elder Octopus Card holders aged 65+) until 28 February 2018 which I've just added to the wiki. For details, see MTR > Airport Express promotion for children and seniors.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Apologies for thread-zombie -- first time taking the Airport Express; I can use my regular (non-tourist) Octopus Card, right?

If so, are there any discount ticket options that may be combined with free MTR interchange as described here?
I'm guessing no, as I'd have to use an Octopus Card to get through the turnstile at HKG airport ... ?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Apologies for thread-zombie -- first time taking the Airport Express; I can use my regular (non-tourist) Octopus Card, right?

If so, are there any discount ticket options that may be combined with free MTR interchange as described here?
I'm guessing no, as I'd have to use an Octopus Card to get through the turnstile at HKG airport ... ?
Yes, regular Octopus works for a full fare AEx ride.

You guess right; as you need to dood out at HK or Kowloon station to registered the AEx ride for the complimentary MTR in town ride when you dood in.
Go to the MTR fare chart to see if a discounted ticket plus the paid MTR ride is cheaper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.