Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond, aa newbie
The closest hilton is over 5 miles from the city center and in the business district. Too bad the lost the one near the city center!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 2:15 am

Programs: UA Gold, FB, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Spending 2 days to see Versailles should be enough. If you go there, do check to palace website to pick a date on which the fountains in the gardens are operating, otherwise you are missing the nicest parts of the gardens.
The Gorden Ramsey restaurant might be nice, but if I remember correctly, the typical price for a single entree was 70 Euros, which we considered too much. However, if you walk 5 minutes, you can find very nice and more affordable restaurants (e.g. I can highly recommend Nuance on Boulevard du Roi 10)
Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by deant
IMHO, you would only want to stay one or at the most two nights in Versailles. You need to take the RER to get from Paris to Versailles. Versailles is too easy to see in one day to spend the night there (trains to Versailles are not every 3 or 4 minutes like the metro). If you must use HHonors points, I would stay at any of the central Paris Hilton hotels and just take the metro to the major sites. That way you can spend time seeing the Paris sites rather than seeing the RER.
There is no any Central Paris Hilton Hotel left. One is in Defense, and the other two at the airports.
Old May 1, 2013, 1:45 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Thumbs up HHonors mistake rate

The Trianon Palace is now a category 9 at 80,000 points a night.

However, premium rooms are showing up at 59,000 points a night for several nights in the summer - not sure if this is a pricing glitch or not... try 13-15 August for example... and look down the list of rooms available with points.

Good luck!
Old May 1, 2013, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
The Trianon Palace is now a category 9 at 80,000 points a night.

However, premium rooms are showing up at 59,000 points a night for several nights in the summer - not sure if this is a pricing glitch or not... try 13-15 August for example... and look down the list of rooms available with points.

Good luck!
This is not a mistake rate. It happens regularly if a hotel is not so busy and the room prices are low, that the premium room rewards for nicer rooms are lower than the regular rewards for the standard rooms. We have made use of this a number of times in the past year and never experienced problems, you will just get your reserved room (or a better one) without problems.
Old May 2, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Originally Posted by xandern
This is not a mistake rate. It happens regularly if a hotel is not so busy and the room prices are low, that the premium room rewards for nicer rooms are lower than the regular rewards for the standard rooms. We have made use of this a number of times in the past year and never experienced problems, you will just get your reserved room (or a better one) without problems.
Thanks for the heads up... have you noticed this at any other hotels in the EU, specifically? Always nice to know for a quick future weekend getaway.

Old May 2, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: HHonnors Diamond, AA Gold, UA Silver
Thanks for the heads up... have you noticed this at any other hotels in the EU, specifically? Always nice to know for a quick future weekend getaway.

London Green Park.

Syon Park Hilton (was a waldorf property not too long ago)

The Hilton in london close to the EuroStar station (don't recall the name, just look at the map and pick the one a few blocks away from the train station for EuroStar).

Dublin Conrad.

Hilton Grafton Edinburgh.

Hilton Amsterdam.

Those six had lower premium prices roughly a year ago when HHonnors started the premium pricing scheme for what that's worth. (so did Arc De Triumph, however they are gone now). I think the Athens Greece Hilton also had lower premiums however I didn't book there so cannot confirm...
Old May 3, 2013, 5:56 am

We made use of this in the past 1.5 year at:
Hilton Dusseldorf
Trianon Palace
Hilton The Hague
Hilton Villamoura
Hilton Longboat Key
and maybe one or 2 others
Old May 24, 2013, 11:14 pm
ast

Programs: TK E+;EY S; OW EMD; SPG P; CC C
Checked-in yesterday for 1 night. Only 2 persons were at small reception desk and there was queue. As a Diamond, I recieved an upgrade from Pavillon room to Pavillon room garden view (There was 5 minuts searching for the room at 2.30pm), welcome drinks for two (they have Taittinger by glass, which is nice), free internet and at 7.00pm they gave me 2 bottle of water and letter from Gregoire Salamin.

The hotel is half empty. The room is nice, but nothing special. And 220 euros is too much for it. Full breakfast is still 36 euros, but they told me, that they have a discount for the breakfast and it will be only 29! But I think, it is just continental breakfast with no discount.

So, Diamonds there is just a guest, nothing special! Especially compare to Hilton Lyon or Hilton Strasbourg where the attitude was fantastic (may be only for me)

And big thanks to everyone, it's the first post.
Old May 25, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by ast
Checked-in yesterday for 1 night. Only 2 persons were at small reception desk and there was queue. As a Diamond, I recieved an upgrade from Pavillon room to Pavillon room garden view (There was 5 minuts searching for the room at 2.30pm), welcome drinks for two (they have Taittinger by glass, which is nice), free internet and at 7.00pm they gave me 2 bottle of water and letter from Gregoire Salamin.

The hotel is half empty. The room is nice, but nothing special. And 220 euros is too much for it. Full breakfast is still 36 euros, but they told me, that they have a discount for the breakfast and it will be only 29! But I think, it is just continental breakfast with no discount.

So, Diamonds there is just a guest, nothing special! Especially compare to Hilton Lyon or Hilton Strasbourg where the attitude was fantastic (may be only for me)

And big thanks to everyone, it's the first post.
Welcome to FT ast!
Old May 25, 2013, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow pretty poor upgrade. Not somewhere I'd want to stay if the upgrade is to a “view“ room. Same upgrade as Gold too.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Is this the most convenient Hilton property to the Hippodrome de Longchamp? I am thinking of a trip next October to see the Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe and was curious. Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
For Longchamp it would be the La Defense property.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
For Longchamp it would be the La Defense property.

Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2013, 3:29 pm

Trianon Palace Versailles, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

What do you folks think about a €39 upgrade to a 'palace king' room? This would be a NOR1 upgrade from the standard king room in the pavilion. Sounds like the only complimentary upgrade I'd receive is to a pavilion king w/ view room. I've heard mixed reviews on the pavilion though.

My stay is only for 2 nights, 1 of them using a citi cert.

Any tips for visiting the Palace itself?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.