Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2023, 6:21 pm

Not sure if it was just our situation and the busy fathers day weekend but when we got to the train station in Versailles we found no taxis and no apparent way to get one (and I believe that was pre-Uber). it is quite a walk to the hotel! I would get a car service of some kind if I was doing it again. Actually, I would probably rent a car if I was doing it again (unless there was 8 of us like there was on that trip!)
Old Sep 6, 2023, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
I had a recent stay here where I was upgraded several categories to a deluxe park view suite which was a very generous upgrade and the room was rather nice. I did have issues at both breakfast and dinner unfortunately. At breakfast even though there was a coffee cup placed on my table, I was never approached by staff offering coffee and was unable to get anyone's attention which was disappointing to say the least. I ended up getting coffee at the bar for 10Eur! Then at dinner, I requested my filet medium rare and got well done. The replacement eventually arrived and was much more on the rare side though I did eat it.

Over all, a great property if you don't want to go into Paris every day and I would come again.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 2:53 pm

We stayed in July for a wedding at the hotel and it was fantastic for the rate we paid (which I later learned was subsidized by the bride's family--a very generous gesture!) but I'm not sure I would have been happy if we'd paid the EUR700+ rates other guests often pay here. I wrote a detailed review on on Tripadvisor.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 8:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Not sure if it was just our situation and the busy fathers day weekend but when we got to the train station in Versailles we found no taxis and no apparent way to get one (and I believe that was pre-Uber). it is quite a walk to the hotel! I would get a car service of some kind if I was doing it again. Actually, I would probably rent a car if I was doing it again (unless there was 8 of us like there was on that trip!)
So Versailles has no less than three train stations.

The closest is Versailles-Rive Droite. This one is for the RER (J or L or some similar letter - I am too lazy to look it up right now) that comes from La Defense and Gare Saint-Lazare. Without too many bags we are inclined to hump it (walk) up the tilleul-lined Blvd de la Reine because, yeah, there are no taxis there. I mean, there is something just to the left that looks like a cab company, but they are - how to put it? - not helpful. You are supposed to have called ahead.

Next is Versailles-Rive Gauche, which is a terminus of the RER C, the yellow (on the metro maps) line you can pick up at a variety of places along the left bank of the Seine in Paris. It is the closest to the chateau, hence a longer walk from the hotel. Don't know anything about cabs there, although it is more in the center of town, so maybe more of a chance to flag one down...?

Finally, the "main" train station is Versailles-Chantiers, for trains coming from Gare de Montparnasse. By far the longest walk to the hotel, and would not advise it unless on an overnight or some such with one bag. This said, we have walked it a few times, stopping in town for lunch or some such. Would not have thought to attempt it, except that one time we tried to get an Uber from there, which was a real cock-up. The area around the Versailles-Chantiers seems always to be en chantier (under construction; French pun attempted) and it was impossible to hook up with the driver. (Spent first 15 minutes in hotel room getting Uber to reverse the charges). Haven't taken it yet, but from this station there is a bus - I am pretty sure it is the 4 bus (or is it the 2? check!) that will drop you off very close to the hotel.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I will be at the Trianon Palace next week, coming from Maison Astor in the heart of Paris. Since I will be traveling light, I am tempted to try the Versailles-Rive Droite approach as suggested above, but I think that I will simply Uber it
Old Nov 11, 2023, 10:15 am

Heading here next week as well. The walk from Versailles-Rive Droite isn't bad but it's going to be raining quite a bit next few days.

I seem to recall the hotel have a pickup service from the train station. I have always driven here.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This property offer Impresario rates. Any experience regarding credit usage and upgrade benefits? Is the $100 credit converted to €90? Is the Impresario breakfast the full breakfast?

Last edited by TerryK; Dec 31, 2023 at 7:13 pm
Old Jan 6, 2024, 3:13 pm

I booked the room with FHR and plan to use the resort credit to cover other expenses. I want to make reservation online for Gordon Ramsay restaurant at their website, but how can I make sure the charge goes to my room? Some Michelin restaurants will post the full charge directly to the card before the reserved time.
Can anyone share your experience if you've reserved online and paid it through the hotel room?
Old Jan 7, 2024, 6:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jolapo
Can anyone share your experience if you've reserved online and paid it through the hotel room?
Have booked online and charged to room several times without issue. The card on reservation is only charged in the event of a late cancel or no show. If you're really concerned about it, ask the hotel concierge to make a reservation on your behalf.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
Have booked online and charged to room several times without issue. The card on reservation is only charged in the event of a late cancel or no show. If you're really concerned about it, ask the hotel concierge to make a reservation on your behalf.
Thanks a lot! This resolves my concerns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.