Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2023, 11:54 am

I'm not sure if others are aware but there is a company on the main island of Bora Bora that does boat rentals that you have free reign to go all over Bora Bora (except private beaches). It's nearly double the price if you book it through the Conrad concierge, but if you email the actual shop directly and do it through them, it's only $400 (half what the Conrad charges..) to rent an entire Pontoon Boat for the entire day and drive it all around the lagoon! No captain or guide needed so you can take things on your own pace. It seems really cheap as it costs more than that to rent Jetskis for 2 hours in most places!

They pick you up from Vaitape after taking the Conrad shuttle. No boating license needed. However, if you have a boating license, they allow you to rent a faster boat.

I already emailed them and got mine confirmed. It took a while for them to respond though.

https://www.laplage-borabora.com/?lang=en

Check out this video of someone with the boat rental, seems like a fun day. Figured I'd share this with you guys. There's nothing like a good day out on the water.

brodielayne likes this.

Last edited by Alfonso904; May 16, 2023 at 12:02 pm
Old May 17, 2023, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by newdaybegin
I also tried to secure 1-2 nights at the Hilton Moorea, and I don't see any standard award at all, did you book this 1 year in advance? In the past, I don't have any issues booking this resort but not everything is 0 on the calendar.
I'm looking to go back to French Polynesia and take my kids this time. I think all things considered we'd rather go to Hilton Moorea since you aren't landlocked and can move around and do things, unlike Conrad BB where you're mostly locked onto the island. I've been looking multiple times a day and even caught the first half of May when it released and I can't find a single room on base points either. I plan to keep looking but am concerned given the prior ease of booking Hilton Moorea.
Old May 17, 2023, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Cynapse
I'm looking to go back to French Polynesia and take my kids this time. I think all things considered we'd rather go to Hilton Moorea since you aren't landlocked and can move around and do things, unlike Conrad BB where you're mostly locked onto the island. I've been looking multiple times a day and even caught the first half of May when it released and I can't find a single room on base points either. I plan to keep looking but am concerned given the prior ease of booking Hilton Moorea.
there’s actually a ton of stuff to do once you’re in Vaitappe. Viator is full of activities for amazing prices compared to the Maldives. I did an ATV tour up to Mt Otemanu for like $60/pp. a whole day trip that included snorkeling, shark diving, jet skis, and a great lunch for $250/pp. plus you can just hang out in town with the locals, go to the supermarket, etc. all this with the quick shuttle from the Conrad.

typing all that made me even more excited to go back in Feb.
Cynapse and strider2k like this.
Old May 17, 2023, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Eke2k6
there’s actually a ton of stuff to do once you’re in Vaitappe. Viator is full of activities for amazing prices compared to the Maldives. I did an ATV tour up to Mt Otemanu for like $60/pp. a whole day trip that included snorkeling, shark diving, jet skis, and a great lunch for $250/pp. plus you can just hang out in town with the locals, go to the supermarket, etc. all this with the quick shuttle from the Conrad.

Which Company do you use to do this? Can you give me the contact info? $250 per person for full day is great!
Old May 17, 2023, 12:27 pm

Which Company do you use to do this? Can you give me the contact info? $250 per person for full day is great!

There are several I see but I've been looking at the Conrad activities and comparing prices... wow lol.

For the same exact companies, the Conrad charges almost double for everything if you book through them lol. I guess that's the price you pay for 'convenience' of not having to send an e-mail.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by 49penguins
You can eat from the first 2 tables of the buffet for diamond breakfast. No third table for diamonds. During busy times I'm sure you could sneak stuff if you wanted but it was never really busy when I was there. It was pretty odd being "checked on" and instead of them looking at me asking how it was they were looking at my plate lol. For like $12 you can pick a hot item from the hot item menu, no offer to add the 3rd buffet table.
This is confirmed?? Paying an upcharge for the full buffet is one thing, but that actually just gives you a single measly hot item? This is ridiculous, not to mention the disgusting (and unavoidable?) bug situation. What would be the cost to actually upgrade to the full buffet? Is there an updated online menu for the hot items?

Now I'm definitely worried with all these negative reports for my upcoming stay in early July...
Old May 17, 2023, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by flayum
This is confirmed?? Paying an upcharge for the full buffet is one thing, but that actually just gives you a single measly hot item? This is ridiculous, not to mention the disgusting (and unavoidable?) bug situation. What would be the cost to actually upgrade to the full buffet? Is there an updated online menu for the hot items?

Now I'm definitely worried with all these negative reports for my upcoming stay in early July...
Me too. If enough people complain on the surveys and reviews, things will change. I remember at the Conrad Maldives that everyone got upset that the lower cost bar food was being taken away past 6pm, forcing you to eat at the expensive restaurants or order room service. Then enough people complained on the surveys and the property brought it back 4 days a week at least.

That's why to anyone who has an issue... don't just vent here. I doubt properties ever check here. If anything leave your review on Google and Tripadvisor. Make sure you fill out the survey that gets e-mailed to you after your stay. Those surveys directly effect metrics and go up very high in the management chain. As a Diamond member, your opinion probably matters a lot too. This goes for any property. I left a review on the exit survey emailed to me for the Conrad Maldives and got a direct email back from the regional manager and I wasn't asking for a response back either. Not that I had anything bad to say, he was just thanking me for leaving an in depth review about my experience and things to take note of but they do get looked at. Especially at high end properties.

Last edited by Alfonso904; May 17, 2023 at 2:30 pm
Old May 17, 2023, 2:34 pm

Wow congrats on the free upgrade, so this automatic “Free Upgrade” today (3 days before arrival). From King Lagoon View Suite to King Lagoon View Suite in fact will get you King Overwater Villa. Considerate yourself very lucky since a lot of people don't get this upgrade, is this your first time at the resort, or are you a return guest?

I also tried to secure 1-2 nights at the Hilton Moorea, and I don't see any standard award at all, did you book this 1 year in advance? In the past, I don't have any issues booking this resort but not everything is 0 on the calendar.

Did you go to the main island? There is no free boat ride anymore from Conrad Bora Bora correct? I love to stock cheap food at Chin Lee market on the island instead of that pricy stuff from the resort.

Enjoy the remaining time at the Conrad
Hi,

Yeah, we are happy (but honestly neither overexcited perhaps not being ultra eager to get any upgrade at all, or about the OWVs in general ). Not sure if the initial "faulty" automatic "Free Upgrade" from the same to the same (King Lagoon View Suite) had any effect on the final upgrade though. And perhaps this happens now or regular, I do not know and the others here are invited to comment.

I have been to BB 16y and again 15y ago, not at the CBB (Hilton back then) but Le Méridien (which is closed for refurbishment now) so I guess I know what this is all about. So yes, our first stay at the CBB here.

Yes, standard reward availability for the Hilton Moorea is nearly non-existing. I had luck when they released at once for several weeks nearly 1y before my planned stay, so immediately grabbed 5 nights (4+1). I guess this happens rather extremely rarely (although I experienced this 3 times for my planned stays in 2021, 2022 and now 2023), so was happy there to, specifically since it perfectly matched with this stay at the CBB to follow up.

Yes, we spent 2 days on the BB main island. Which is also nice and I suggest to do so if time & plans allows. You have this Matira beach which is lovely, some minor hikes (to the cannons) and the ultimate hike to the Mt Pahia which should be done for sure if all allows (whether specifically). It all here at BB hasn't changed much compared to 15-16y ago, I would say. A bit more ppl & cars on the main island :-) Even less tourists, I would say, maybe because of the 2 hotels being shut down now (the Sofitel & Le Méridien).

Is all (again) very pleasant and lovely.
Old May 17, 2023, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I'm almost afraid to ask, but if I have a reservation before/after new years, should I expect to be shaken down for a mandatory New Years Eve banquet like some other places do?
Old May 17, 2023, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
I'm almost afraid to ask, but if I have a reservation before/after new years, should I expect to be shaken down for a mandatory New Years Eve banquet like some other places do?
I would go ahead and plan on it. For what it is worth, we didn’t stay here for new years, but we did stay at the Conrad in Maldives over the holiday. Going into it, we also thought we were being taken advantage of. After being there, it was an amazing party, dinner and experience. It was money well spent and we came home with a different view.
Cynapse likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by KRUXED
I would go ahead and plan on it. For what it is worth, we didn’t stay here for new years, but we did stay at the Conrad in Maldives over the holiday. Going into it, we also thought we were being taken advantage of. After being there, it was an amazing party, dinner and experience. It was money well spent and we came home with a different view.
I read about this happening at the Conrad Maldives (which is where the concern comes from), and when I booked I specifically saw they had published a schedule of events https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/ppt...estive-season/. There's a gala, a dinner, and something at the bar, but nothing seems to be mandatory (at least at time of booking)? I'm just clenching my anus for when something unexpectedly changes...
Old May 17, 2023, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Eke2k6

Thanks. Yeah totally aware of options and have been to both Moorea and BB but all things considered I think with kids Moorea will be better. The lagoon is amazing for snorkeling and would be very kid friendly. Also I don’t think I had a meal on BB under $250 so bringing kids will only increase that. 🤪 At least on Moorea we can drive to some of the good pizza and outlying restaurants and not be locked into Conrad BB dinner pricing. We have tours we loved on Moorea too including snorkeling with sharks and rays, plus hikes, so lots to do! Plus with a car you can drive around and explore which is a lot of fun.

Last edited by Cynapse; May 17, 2023 at 8:09 pm
Old May 18, 2023, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by flayum
This is confirmed??
Yeep, can confirm (being currently here).

But I am a bit surpriced guys, to be honest.

Perhaps OT (sorry): I may be completely wrong but isn't (well wasn't, before the ridiculous credit bs) the standard situation in the US? After all, the basic Diamond benefits include "continental" (usually meaning reduced and cold) and not "full" (usually meaning more items incl. hot) breakfast.

I have always got the "full" version anywhere in the world (EU, MENA, Africa, Asia, Central & South America) so have not cared about this difference at all in the past until the WA Los Cabos (yes, is not an US hotel but pretty much US-driven one). It was the first Hilton property ever for me where I have been (not really kindly :-)) made aware of this difference and got offered a continental breakfast only - back then a pure shock .

It did happen again this year in Spain again (shock number 2) for me the very first EU Hilton doing so. I am afraid more and more will follow...

Moorea and CBB have so far been the only 2 more to follow but again, I guess(ed) this is mainly because the given US-affinity meaning the majority of customers are from the US (similarly to the WA Los Cabos), i.e. "used to it" anyway. But I know this has changed just recently.

Last edited by Emick; May 18, 2023 at 3:05 am
Old May 19, 2023, 12:45 am

A brief update: Room upgraded to OVW also for the 1-night extension. Got also offered to change to one of the King Beach Pool Villa (they have only 2) which would have been a nice change & new experience but that would not come with late checkout which we prefer (guaranteed when we stay in the same OVW), and we were lazy to move ;-)

Old May 22, 2023, 11:46 am

Been wanting to go back this fall for my 25th anniversary. Had a great experience both times even though booked with standard award points. all I've been seeing lately is premium.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.