Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2022, 4:39 pm

Did they say you have to upgrade your entire stay if you do want to upgrade? Also, are you able to pick which room you get on the Hilton app like at other properties or is it just luck of the draw and just assigned to you?

I'd like to avoid facing other OWV for sure.
Old May 20, 2022, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Victor Lin
Did they say you have to upgrade your entire stay if you do want to upgrade? Also, are you able to pick which room you get on the Hilton app like at other properties or is it just luck of the draw and just assigned to you?

I'd like to avoid facing other OWV for sure.
seems like your expectations are extremely high for a property thats basically going to be completely sold out.
most likely you and me will get just what we booked/paid for.

i have never experienced being able to "pick which room you get" unless your speaking of in app e-standby upgrades. which are not guaranteed.
paying through cbbn_res is.

luck of the draw if you dont pay. will be my first chance at OW. im not taking my chances.
pzpa likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by burnerx213
seems like your expectations are extremely high for a property thats basically going to be completely sold out.
most likely you and me will get just what we booked/paid for.

i have never experienced being able to "pick which room you get" unless your speaking of in app e-standby upgrades. which are not guaranteed.
paying through cbbn_res is.

luck of the draw if you dont pay. will be my first chance at OW. im not taking my chances.
Seems like you misunderstood me. You must never use the Hilton app because that's exactly what's been possible with all my past stays. You are allowed to pick exactly which room you want in the same category. I'm not talking about picking an upgraded room. So let me rephrase my question. If I pay for an OWV, will I get to pick which OWV from the available ones upon check in?
Old May 20, 2022, 4:59 pm

Seems like you misunderstood me. You must never use the Hilton app because that's exactly what's been possible with all my past stays. You are allowed to pick exactly which room you want in the same category. I'm not talking about picking an upgraded room. So let me rephrase my question. If I pay for an OWV, will I get to pick which OWV from the available ones upon check in?
i am a hyatt guy so honestly hardly stay at hiltons unless aspirational property. but ive read this entire thread and never once read anything resembling what you mentioned from this property.
Old May 20, 2022, 6:25 pm

You definitely have to use the same room your entire stay. IDK about choosing. You will definitely get assigned one, and maybe you can change on app. But this is a "small" Conrad property. You can do it for Hilton Garden Inns. IDK about a luxury hotel like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 6:35 am

You get a room assigned - no option to pick in the app like at Embassy Suites and other Hilton brands.
Old May 21, 2022, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by pzpa
You get a room assigned - no option to pick in the app like at Embassy Suites and other Hilton brands.
Got it. Thanks!
Old May 21, 2022, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by mcs26891
You definitely have to use the same room your entire stay. IDK about choosing. You will definitely get assigned one, and maybe you can change on app. But this is a "small" Conrad property. You can do it for Hilton Garden Inns. IDK about a luxury hotel like this.
Thank you! I've been able to pick my own rooms at Waldorfs in LA and Vegas and the La Quinta Waldorf and all the Embassy Suites so this Hilton feature is not just for lower end Hilton brands.
Old May 21, 2022, 11:55 am

Yeah, definitely can't select a specific room through the app. Best you could maybe do is make a note on the reservation and hope for the best. Unlike at Hilton Moorea where we didn't know our room number until check in, when we were picked up at the airport by the hotel boat shuttle Conrad BB already knew our specified room # and provided it on our luggage tags when we gave it to them to load. I was able to check the hotel map and know exactly where we were to be located on the property when that happened.
Old May 21, 2022, 12:03 pm

I'm going over Memorial Day weekend in a standard room (lagoon view). Only got quoted the King Pool Overwater Villa at 118,000 XPF / $1,040 USD per night. I'm only going for 3 nights, so it's sorta tempting. It shouldn't be because I've done overwater at Conrad Maldives for free (diamond upgrade during October 2020), but damn, it's just such a nice thing! Hotel is "fully" booked and there's only one of that room left. Room is going for 2.6x the upgrade price at ~314,000 XFP, so not terrible value (especially cuz I booked at 89,000 points a night). Debating...
I've never had a personal pool, but if I was only here 3 days I'd probably be tempted as well. I got the same offer price for the 6 nights I was here back in March but chose a Deluxe OWB instead cause dropping $3k seemed more palatable than $6k+. :P Not disappointed at all. If you want an OWB and you can't get a Deluxe, I would take the pool over the standard OWB (non-deluxe) if that's on the table because their locations are pretty impeded by other bungalows or are generally less private due to their locations.

Also when I inquired about upgrading my room they initially only replied with a Pool OWB price, I had to specifically ask if they had any Deluxe available, which they did.
pzpa likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Cynapse
I've never had a personal pool, but if I was only here 3 days I'd probably be tempted as well. I got the same offer price for the 6 nights I was here back in March but chose a Deluxe OWB instead cause dropping $3k seemed more palatable than $6k+. :P Not disappointed at all. If you want an OWB and you can't get a Deluxe, I would take the pool over the standard OWB (non-deluxe) if that's on the table because their locations are pretty impeded by other bungalows or are generally less private due to their locations.

Also when I inquired about upgrading my room they initially only replied with a Pool OWB price, I had to specifically ask if they had any Deluxe available, which they did.
In this case I know there's no deluxe OWB availability b/c it's not on the Hilton website. I'm going to keep monitoring though in case there are cancellations or, ask when I get there, cuz perhaps one or two people in higher OWB categories were upgraded
Cynapse likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 4:03 pm

In this case I know there's no deluxe OWB availability b/c it's not on the Hilton website. I'm going to keep monitoring though in case there are cancellations or, ask when I get there, cuz perhaps one or two people in higher OWB categories were upgraded
I think if you get here without an upgrade at this time of year it’ll be super unlikely you’ll be able to secure one while you are here. It may be worth inquiring if you can pay for select nights for upgrade if you can combo some together. At Hilton Moorea for sure I was able to upgrade a few nights and then kept checking the app and was able to upgrade my 2 other nights that became available later.
Old May 21, 2022, 5:40 pm

How does one even get this property for the standard reward rate? I see that it is open but it says "Pay with Points is currently unavailable at this property. We're showing the lowest available rates."

Looking at May 2023.
Old May 21, 2022, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Alfonso904
How does one even get this property for the standard reward rate? I see that it is open but it says "Pay with Points is currently unavailable at this property. We're showing the lowest available rates."

Looking at May 2023.
Time, dedication, persistence above all else. There seem to be periods of time where availability opens wide for everything. Other times you’re just catching times that other people are releasing back to inventory. I booked this trip three separate times on points in 2019, 2020, and 2021. It is definitely possible but you have to commit to checking it every single day and refreshing a few times throughout the day.

Staying on this forum helps too as people will alert if wide availability opens up also.
Old May 21, 2022, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Yeah, definitely can't select a specific room through the app. Best you could maybe do is make a note on the reservation and hope for the best. Unlike at Hilton Moorea where we didn't know our room number until check in, when we were picked up at the airport by the hotel boat shuttle Conrad BB already knew our specified room # and provided it on our luggage tags when we gave it to them to load. I was able to check the hotel map and know exactly where we were to be located on the property when that happened.
That's exactly how I found out that I was upgraded to a Presidential suite.
Cynapse likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.