Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by pzpa
40 steps from aircraft to terminal, an additional 30 steps to your resort rep inside the terminal, and lastly an additional 20 steps from terminal to the boat outside the terminal.
You forgot to add an adult beverage to that walk, so maybe 10 more steps for that.
FlyerBeek and pzpa like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:44 am

My flight is due to land at BOB at 1110, originally I was planning on going to Vaitape and then get the conrad shuttle but as it will only be leaving Vaitape at 1630 that sounds a lot longer than Id need to go to the store, but Im guessing I wouldnt have enough time to get the 1200 shuttle?

Is it possible to get a normal priced taxi from vaitape to the conrad or is the conrad shuttle the only way? In which case would it be better to just get the shuttle from the airport (do i need to book that in advance?) and then go to vaitape later now its a free shuttle?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:50 am

For those who have been there, is it worth leaving the resort to go into Vaitape? Is this mostly for dining or are there other activities worth exploring in Vaitape?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by slidey
My flight is due to land at BOB at 1110, originally I was planning on going to Vaitape and then get the conrad shuttle but as it will only be leaving Vaitape at 1630 that sounds a lot longer than Id need to go to the store, but Im guessing I wouldnt have enough time to get the 1200 shuttle?

Is it possible to get a normal priced taxi from vaitape to the conrad or is the conrad shuttle the only way? In which case would it be better to just get the shuttle from the airport (do i need to book that in advance?) and then go to vaitape later now its a free shuttle?
Just take a Conrad shuttle to the resort directly. Roundtrip is $150 per person and they'll charge you $75 anyway picking you up/dropping you off in Vaitape on your arrival/departure day. You end up paying the same amount with the added hassle of carrying your luggage around. You need to contact the resort ahead of time to arrange the airport pick-up.

Originally Posted by mochi0172
For those who have been there, is it worth leaving the resort to go into Vaitape? Is this mostly for dining or are there other activities worth exploring in Vaitape?
Unless you go pearl shopping or on an excursion (ATV...) no, imo. It's a tiny little town. We went pearl shopping and were ready to head back to the resort after about 75mins.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by mochi0172
absolutely. But I’d advise you download the app Viator. It has a large selection of excursions, where they pick you up from the hotel and bring you.

we personally did the ATV excursion with Manu (highly recommended), the intro scuba diving course, and the combo snorkeling/jet ski/lunch tour. All priced very reasonably compared to the hotel.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Eke2k6
absolutely. But I’d advise you download the app Viator. It has a large selection of excursions, where they pick you up from the hotel and bring you.

we personally did the ATV excursion with Manu (highly recommended), the intro scuba diving course, and the combo snorkeling/jet ski/lunch tour. All priced very reasonably compared to the hotel.
Thank you. We have prebooked a full day excursion with Lagoon Bora Bora Services for one of our days there. Was thinking Matira Beach may be a nice area to hang out for a bit.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:37 pm

is there any place you can just RENT a jet ski withOUT an included tour?
seems like pricing for a 2 jet ski/ 2 hour tour runs ~$600. which is insane... same cost as 6 dives?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:32 pm

Heading to Bora Bora for the first time tonight, but looks like it will have thunder storm 4/6 nights I am there which is bummer. Just curious how to best utilize our stay during bad weather?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by brodielayne
You walk.
Lol. Thanks captain obvious.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Enzoshadow
Heading to Bora Bora for the first time tonight, but looks like it will have thunder storm 4/6 nights I am there which is bummer. Just curious how to best utilize our stay during bad weather?
For our last trip there wasn’t sun anywhere on the 10 day outlook. It was only cloudy and rainy for one full day. The others were bright and sunny with a random afternoon 15 or 30 minute shower
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
A bit OT but this reminds me of Singapore. The forecast is pretty much always thunderstorm, but of all the days I've been there (which is many), there have been very few days without plenty of sunshine.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:58 pm

Haha, in that case I hope the forecast is very wrong then.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:16 pm

Where does the Conrad BB shuttle boat drop you off at when it takes you to Vaitape? I'm planning some dinner reservations and want to get an idea of where we will land and get some ideas how best to get to the various dinner spots. If any one has transportation suggestions I'd appreciate those as well, thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:32 pm

Also what nights does the Conrad BB offer the traditional Polynesia dinner and dance/show recently?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I've been in French Polynesia for the last 12 days. Every single day the forecast has been 80%+ chance of thunderstorms for all the next 5 days. In reality, mostly, the weather has been absolutely perfect. Two days it's rained for maybe an hour. Today (4/21) is the first full day of rain in Bora Bora. I wouldn't worry too much, especially if you've got 6 nights booked this time of year. You should have fine weather for most of your stay.

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Where does the Conrad BB shuttle boat drop you off at when it takes you to Vaitape? I'm planning some dinner reservations and want to get an idea of where we will land and get some ideas how best to get to the various dinner spots. If any one has transportation suggestions I'd appreciate those as well, thanks!
At the location marked "Ferry and Boat Point" on Google Maps. It's on the western side of the island of Bora Bora, about halfway up the island. The Conrad can arrange to have a taxi waiting when you get to Vaitape. Alternatively, I think a number of nearby restaurants offer complimentary transportation in the evenings. I used a local taxi driver (not pre-arranged) named Dora who was great, speaks perfect English, and has a new vehicle. Dora Taxi: +689-89-73-49-57. Taxi fare seems to be a flat 1500 XPF for any of the restaurants on the western side of Bora Bora. I just came over today to have lunch at Bloody Mary's given its been raining all day so not great pool/beach weather for the first time.

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Also what nights does the Conrad BB offer the traditional Polynesia dinner and dance/show recently?
Friday nights.

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.