Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Old Mar 3, 20, 11:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
We did not need any health certificate since we had no recent visits to the listed countries. As for the health declaration form, this is filled in manually by the traveller and is mandatory for all.
seems like the policy has just been changed, Air Tahiti Nui website has not been changed yet. However, there is a link on TN's website to government page.

https://www.service-public.pf/dsp/covid-19/

As of March 2, 2020, every person (including flight personnel) must present on board a flight to French Polynesia, a medical certificate certifying the state of health free of any sign of infection at coronaviruses.
Old Mar 4, 20, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by amtrakusa View Post
seems like the policy has just been changed, Air Tahiti Nui website has not been changed yet. However, there is a link on TN's website to government page.

https://www.service-public.pf/dsp/covid-19/

As of March 2, 2020, every person (including flight personnel) must present on board a flight to French Polynesia, a medical certificate certifying the state of health free of any sign of infection at coronaviruses.
Took flight TN77 from NRT to PPT this past week and I counted around 40 total passengers. Six in business class, premium economy section was closed and 30-40 in economy. We were required to have medical documentation and were checked for temperature in Tokyo prior to boarding. Didn't make it to Conrad Bora Bora yet (next week). I asked the crew if the other Tokyo flights were as light and they said yes. I can't imagine Air Tahiti Nui will continue to operate between Tokyo and Tahiti at these levels unless their freight business dictates the need.
Old Mar 6, 20, 6:35 am

[QUOTE=Cynapse;32136861]Just wanted to check again if anyone has had recent success calling Conrad to negotiate rates lower than quoted via email. Thanks![/QUOTE

Would you please Let me know if you had any success negotiating a lower upgrade rate.
Old Mar 6, 20, 7:09 am

Is Conrad bora Bora baby moon friendly? We booked our trip last year before I got pregnant.. but now I am. I’m not looking to do anything except relaxing by the pool.
Old Mar 6, 20, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by WorldTraveler1752 View Post
Is Conrad bora Bora baby moon friendly? We booked our trip last year before I got pregnant.. but now I am. I’m not looking to do anything except relaxing by the pool.
I see no reason why it would not be. I saw numerous kiddos on my trip and would have no issue taking either my pregnant wife or newborn to the resort. Relaxing by the pool or on the small beach would be no problem. Enjoy
mlqsko and WorldTraveler1752 like this.
Old Mar 6, 20, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh View Post
Took flight TN77 from NRT to PPT this past week and I counted around 40 total passengers. Six in business class, premium economy section was closed and 30-40 in economy. We were required to have medical documentation and were checked for temperature in Tokyo prior to boarding. Didn't make it to Conrad Bora Bora yet (next week). I asked the crew if the other Tokyo flights were as light and they said yes. I can't imagine Air Tahiti Nui will continue to operate between Tokyo and Tahiti at these levels unless their freight business dictates the need.
When did you find out "you were required medical documentation"? At checkin? Prior?

I mean, not all travellers are savvy enough to know French Polynesia now require a medical certificate that passenger does not show CV2019 symptoms dated 5 days before the flight.

That's just crazy.
Old Mar 7, 20, 10:51 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mlqsko View Post
When did you find out "you were required medical documentation"? At checkin? Prior?

I mean, not all travellers are savvy enough to know French Polynesia now require a medical certificate that passenger does not show CV2019 symptoms dated 5 days before the flight.

That's just crazy.
Generally, the airlines inform about this at checkin and later. If they let people board without proper documentation, they need to fly then back again so it is in their own interest even though it is always the travellers responsibility.

As I wrote earlier, I flew with United to PPT just before they introduced the even stricter rules and we were informed so many times that no person with basic understanding of French or English could have missed it.

I am still at the resort, down to 30% occupation level now. No rush to get to the best spots at the beach...
Cynapse likes this.

Last edited by Dachshund; Mar 7, 20 at 11:21 am
Old Mar 7, 20, 11:34 am

Air Tahiti Nui has cut NRT-PPT frequencies 50% due to corona - there used to be two flights per week, now there is only one.

We are on our way to Conrad right now and got info two days prior that we are rescheduled to one day later flight because our original flight go cancelled. Luckily managed to change local flights and resort bookings accordingly.

Haven't dared to ask about our return flights yet.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 11:51 am

Anyone from the US thinking of canceling their bora bora trip due to corona? We’re supposed to go in May, and my husband and I both still really wanna go... but I have a little bit of hesitation..

just wanted to see what other people’s thoughts are with regards to the virus
Old Mar 7, 20, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by WorldTraveler1752 View Post
Anyone from the US thinking of canceling their bora bora trip due to corona? We’re supposed to go in May, and my husband and I both still really wanna go... but I have a little bit of hesitation..

just wanted to see what other people’s thoughts are with regards to the virus
I'm going in May too. There are definitely concerns. It is our 15 year wedding anniversary though, and we've been dreaming of this trip for almost 20 years together. We aren't bringing the kids, and have to fly in parents from out of state to watch them while we are gone for 10+ days. It is a huge ordeal, but at this point there is no consideration to cancel. We are, however, purchasing a travel insurance policy in case we or our kids get sick and we can't make the trip. Just praying that that doesn't happen and that our parents (kid sitters!) don't come down with anything either!

I am trying to consider asking for cheaper rates on room upgrades though. I know May is a shoulder season and the start of things getting busy, but I think there's a non-zero chance people are going to cancel their already planned trips, or not take trips they had planned on taking but hadn't booked. Seems like a good opportunity to utilize supply and demand to our advantage for those of us still willing to make a trip like this.
WorldTraveler1752 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
Generally, the airlines inform about this at checkin and later.
Well, if pax is not informed prior to checkin (or later?!) it will be a little too late to obtain med. certificate at the airport.
Old Mar 7, 20, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko View Post
Well, if pax is not informed prior to checkin (or later?!) it will be a little too late to obtain med. certificate at the airport.
True, but hopefully would even non-experienced travellers do some research before packing the bags in these days.

I am on an RTW trip right now and consider myself travel-savvy (as most other people here) but the daily check of updates on entry requirements of the upcoming destinations is not really what I looked forward to when planning the trip...
Old Mar 8, 20, 11:05 am

We are traveling this coming Saturday and have doctor's appointments scheduled to get the medical note/certification being required. Our doctor has asked if there is any particular form that this needs to take but I cannot find any information about it. Does anyone know? Otherwise I'm hopeful that a regular "doctor's note" that we are free from infectious diseases will suffice...
Old Mar 8, 20, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by snug View Post
We are traveling this coming Saturday and have doctor's appointments scheduled to get the medical note/certification being required. Our doctor has asked if there is any particular form that this needs to take but I cannot find any information about it. Does anyone know? Otherwise I'm hopeful that a regular "doctor's note" that we are free from infectious diseases will suffice...
Try giving your airline a call? I'm sure they can direct you on what to get to meet their requirements.
Old Mar 8, 20, 11:45 am

For those flying with Air Tahiti Nui, there will be medical staff at the airport helping out with the certificates.

https://www.airtahitinui.com/us-en/r...ian-government

”On that day, Air Tahiti Nui has decided to assist passengers with dedicated medical personal before each flight departing from Paris-CDG, Los Angeles and Auckland-NZ. For technical reasons, Narita is excluded.”

Search this Thread
Search Engine: