FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:07 pm
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Enzoshadow
Heading to Bora Bora for the first time tonight, but looks like it will have thunder storm 4/6 nights I am there which is bummer. Just curious how to best utilize our stay during bad weather?
I've been in French Polynesia for the last 12 days. Every single day the forecast has been 80%+ chance of thunderstorms for all the next 5 days. In reality, mostly, the weather has been absolutely perfect. Two days it's rained for maybe an hour. Today (4/21) is the first full day of rain in Bora Bora. I wouldn't worry too much, especially if you've got 6 nights booked this time of year. You should have fine weather for most of your stay.

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Where does the Conrad BB shuttle boat drop you off at when it takes you to Vaitape? I'm planning some dinner reservations and want to get an idea of where we will land and get some ideas how best to get to the various dinner spots. If any one has transportation suggestions I'd appreciate those as well, thanks!
At the location marked "Ferry and Boat Point" on Google Maps. It's on the western side of the island of Bora Bora, about halfway up the island. The Conrad can arrange to have a taxi waiting when you get to Vaitape. Alternatively, I think a number of nearby restaurants offer complimentary transportation in the evenings. I used a local taxi driver (not pre-arranged) named Dora who was great, speaks perfect English, and has a new vehicle. Dora Taxi: +689-89-73-49-57. Taxi fare seems to be a flat 1500 XPF for any of the restaurants on the western side of Bora Bora. I just came over today to have lunch at Bloody Mary's given its been raining all day so not great pool/beach weather for the first time.

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Also what nights does the Conrad BB offer the traditional Polynesia dinner and dance/show recently?
Friday nights.

-FlyerBeek