Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:24 am

120K available

Guess the travel blogs and websites let the cat out of the bag that there's wide availability for CBB standard rooms at 120K a night. 😳

Still a decent redemption with the 5th night free, but pretty glad I locked my reservation in at 89K.

https://thepointsguy.com/deals/conrad-bora-bora-nui-award-space/
Old Apr 29, 2022, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by ricohitman
Does hilton tahiti provide airport transfer to PPT?
No. One-way trip runs around $20.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by Cynapse
Expecting the same and I’m super glad I prepaid for deluxe OWB also. Not gonna lie though, was really hoping for a pool upgrade since we’ve never had one before! Maybe we’ll get lucky and we can snag one for our last couple nights or something.
I prepaid for a sunset OWV back in november of 2021. Judging by what's going on right now...I'm extremely glad we did.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by ricohitman
I prepaid for a sunset OWV back in november of 2021. Judging by what's going on right now...I'm extremely glad we did.
I'm curious, how much was your upgrade? We were quoted Pool OWB for 118,000 XPF/night back in February but passed. Don't need the pool but would have taken it in an upgrade. Paid 45,000 XPF/night for Deluxe OWB instead.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:16 pm

Thanks. It is pretty common for PP users to be denied entry for all sorts of reasons, so I've grown accustomed to it. If we get stopped I'll try to talk my way in since we aren't just flying economy. If that doesn't work we'll just pay for it. Would rather sit in a lounge for 2.5 hours for $120 than not.
We flew out of PPT to LAX last night and was able to get in the lounge with PP. There was a flight to SFO leaving that night but by the time we got up to the lounge those passengers had already boarded. So we had a pretty empty lounge for two hours before our flight. Not bad at all!
Traveler Dave and Cynapse like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by pzpa
No. One-way trip runs around $20.
Is this for a cab from the airport? Do they take credit card or will I need cash, USD or XPF? Thank you!
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:35 pm

Drink Mixers?

I’m packing a lot of booze for this trip! We usually drink zero calorie soda though. Does anyone have any insight for mixers sold at grocery stores? Any Diet 7-Up, Fresca, Diet Sprite, Coke Zero or Diet Coke available?

I browsed the Google images for the grocery stores but didn’t see any mixer aisles unfortunately.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:57 pm

I’m packing a lot of booze for this trip! We usually drink zero calorie soda though. Does anyone have any insight for mixers sold at grocery stores? Any Diet 7-Up, Fresca, Diet Sprite, Coke Zero or Diet Coke available?

I browsed the Google images for the grocery stores but didn’t see any mixer aisles unfortunately.
Yup there's at least Coke Light and Coke without Sugar from what I've seen. The store has booze too.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:00 pm

Pack extra booze. I was surprised by how much i drank hanging out at the villa all day. Don't forget the drunk munchies either.
LA_FadeAway and Cynapse like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Do you need to bring your own universal adapter?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
I keep one in my carryon whenever I fly. It's surprising how often the outlets are worn out on airplanes in the US, whereas if you use the adapter you are almost always going to have a snug connection and do not have to worry about the plug falling out.
italdesign likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:21 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Victor Lin
Is this for a cab from the airport? Do they take credit card or will I need cash, USD or XPF? Thank you!
We took out some XPF from an ATM at the airport. The first driver could take USD as well, but we paid in XPF. I didn't inquire about the exchange rate there.

Originally Posted by italdesign
You'll need the European style adapters.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:31 am

Prior to the pandemic you could get 2.5 liters of Coke Zero and Diet Coke with no issue at any of the different grocery stores. Hope it is still that way. We also bring juice packet that you can mix with water for mixers. Last time we visited was February 2020. Hopefully someone can chime in who has been there more recently. When you go, if you could please reply to the thread with an update. I am curious if you can find club soda?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Victor Lin
Yes, airport. We took a total of 4 cabs in Tahiti during our stay (roundtrip to Hilton Tahiti on arrival and roundtrip on departure) and paid USD for all rides. We were generally quoted something like 2100xpf or 19USD. Not sure if they accept credit cards.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by brodielayne
Pack extra booze. I was surprised by how much i drank hanging out at the villa all day. Don't forget the drunk munchies either.
For sure, we always drink a lot on vacation but I feel this one we will even more so.

How did you pack your booze? I don’t really want to fly with bottles so I can save the weight. I was thinking of buying those “cruise bags” where you empty your alcohol into a soft plastic bag with a spout. Then maybe seal each of those with a ziplock around it. Surprisingly hard to find suggestions on how to transport booze, I can’t imagine I’m among the few doing it..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.