Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Old Apr 18, 19, 1:07 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by Softwizard View Post
we were only upgraded to King Pool Overwater Villa.
Which room type had you booked?

Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post
Unfortunately, this was not my experience. Iím here now and arrived two days ago on Monday. Perhaps they didnít have enough people checking out but it appeared that none of us who arrived on the same flight (about five couples) were not given rooms immediately. We completed our check-in process around 1:30pm and were rather unceremoniously told to explore the property because official check-in is 3pm and we were early.
They have a handful of "day rooms" available which are right under the suites. There is no bed in those rooms, just a living room and a bathroom. The purpose of these rooms is specifically to give a convenient space to guests before their room is ready.

Last edited by Canarsie; May 3, 19 at 9:38 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 20, 19, 7:34 am

Wow so it sounds like not uncommon to upgrade all the way to overwater stuff without paying extra? I currently just have a twin lagoon view booked for June.
Old Apr 21, 19, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
They have a handful of "day rooms" available which are right under the suites. There is no bed in those rooms, just a living room and a bathroom. The purpose of these rooms is specifically to give a convenient space to guests before their room is ready.
Hmmm...and no such offer was made to us. Just an admonishment that check-in isn't until 3pm so don't expect anything otherwise. It was quite rude, actually. Very disappointing and sort of set off my visit on a bad note.
Old Apr 22, 19, 6:10 am

Which room type had you booked?
Deluxe Overwater Villa (upgrade was to include the pool) - otherwise the rooms are the same inside/outside
Old Apr 22, 19, 6:33 am

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by Softwizard View Post
Deluxe Overwater Villa (upgrade was to include the pool) - otherwise the rooms are the same inside/outside
Decent upgrade nonetheless, the price different from Deluxe OWV and Pool OWV is material.
Old Apr 30, 19, 8:28 am

Just cancelled 3 reward night reservations at Bora Bora Conrad from June 27th to June 29th due to schedule changes. At this moment it looks like the hotel already released those nights. Just in case anyone wants to grab those nights.
Old Apr 30, 19, 9:05 am

Anyone do the excursion to motu tapu? Not the full wine and dine experience, but just spending time there? Can you go there by yourself if you have own boat and staying at the Conrad?
Old Apr 30, 19, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by sunshine213 View Post
Anyone do the excursion to motu tapu? Not the full wine and dine experience, but just spending time there? Can you go there by yourself if you have own boat and staying at the Conrad?
It's a really beautiful little island but you are not allowed to go there on your own (or to any of the small islands in FP as per local law they are all considered private property and it would be considered trespassing). As it's name translates it definitely is 'by invitation only.' The Conrad Bora Bora owns the island and prohibits visitors excepted as permitted by the resort. I have made an unplanned visit to the island by boat for about 30 minutes (we had a sick passenger on a transport that needed the bathroom). The Island is uninhabited and mostly pristine. It's about the side of a football field and has some interesting beaches and a small shelter and toilet area as well as a single shallow jetty. Occasionally they have large groups book the island for the day (non-resort guests often from cruise ships) but if you are a guest I believe the only scheduled way is via the wine/dine trip. They do frequently have staff on the island to maintain it so it remains clean and that staff has radio contact to the resort to police unauthorized visitors. Although large private yacht captains should know better I have been told there have been incidents in the past where small tenders arrived to check out the island and they are promptly told to leave. In addition, resort guests have paddle-boarded and kayaked to the island and have also been scolded.

Check with the resort though as I think I have heard them stop off there on a snorkel or dive trip so maybe they could accommodate your request.
Softwizard likes this.
Old Apr 30, 19, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh View Post
It's a really beautiful little island but you are not allowed to go there on your own (or to any of the small islands in FP as per local law they are all considered private property and it would be considered trespassing). As it's name translates it definitely is 'by invitation only.' The Conrad Bora Bora owns the island and prohibits visitors excepted as permitted by the resort. I have made an unplanned visit to the island by boat for about 30 minutes (we had a sick passenger on a transport that needed the bathroom). The Island is uninhabited and mostly pristine. It's about the side of a football field and has some interesting beaches and a small shelter and toilet area as well as a single shallow jetty. Occasionally they have large groups book the island for the day (non-resort guests often from cruise ships) but if you are a guest I believe the only scheduled way is via the wine/dine trip. They do frequently have staff on the island to maintain it so it remains clean and that staff has radio contact to the resort to police unauthorized visitors. Although large private yacht captains should know better I have been told there have been incidents in the past where small tenders arrived to check out the island and they are promptly told to leave. In addition, resort guests have paddle-boarded and kayaked to the island and have also been scolded.

Check with the resort though as I think I have heard them stop off there on a snorkel or dive trip so maybe they could accommodate your request.
Thanks you. Appreciate the information. I found an old pdf that has a morning visit and a dinner visit. I was primarily trying for a morning visit as I have no interest in being there in the evening. I've emailed them. Hopefully they respond.
Old Apr 30, 19, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh View Post
Yes we stopped over there for less than one hour during a shark & stingray tour. I did not know it was owned by Conrad especially since the tour was provided by a third party and picked up guests at various hotels, not only Conrad.
Old Apr 30, 19, 1:43 pm

Yes we stopped over there for less than one hour during a shark & stingray tour. I did not know it was owned by Conrad especially since the tour was provided by a third party and picked up guests at various hotels, not only Conrad.
Who did you book the tour with and was one hour enough? Would you have wanted more time to spend there?
Old Apr 30, 19, 2:03 pm

Who did you book the tour with and was one hour enough? Would you have wanted more time to spend there?
We booked the tour with Conrad concierge and I do not remember which company they use. The tour was half day or full day; for clarification purposes when I said one hour in Motu Tapu I meant that it was just a brief stop on Motu Tapu during our tour ; the island was not the focus of our tour at all. We stopped at various places in the lagoon for stingrays, sharks, or snorkeling during the day, all around Bora Bora. The stop at Motu Tapu was mostly for people to go to the bathroom. That said, yes one hour on the island was enough for us to walk around and take pictures and I would not have wanted to stay there longer - I was glad to go back on the water for more snorkeling and exploring.
Old May 2, 19, 9:58 am

Anyone know a contact email? I emailed [email protected] and [email protected] and haven't gotten any responses.
Old May 3, 19, 6:08 am

Anyone know a contact email? I emailed [email protected] and [email protected] and haven't gotten any responses.
Hi sunshine213, [email protected] is the email I used for my inquiries re my booking. It usually takes them 2-3 days to come back. You can try [email protected] which is the email they used to reply to me.
Old May 6, 19, 5:54 am

We are planning a trip to Bora bora next year. Which airport do we fly into? BOB or PPT? And from there, what are our options to get to Conrad? Are we limited to what the hotel provides?

Search this Thread