Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Cynapse
How did you kill the time before your flight out of BB? My flight departs PPT at 11pm. There are lots of late flights out of BOB but I wasn’t sure Conrad would allow us a late check out (especially with higher occupancy now). So yeah, just curious how you ended up passing the time for a 6pm flight out of BOB.
Take advantage of the Air Tahiti Nui Lounge on the second floor (past security) at PPT you're flying business or have a Priority Pass membership. It's the only place with AC at the airport and they have showers, complimentary food options, and self-serve wine / liquors available. We took a cab to the Hilton Tahiti (10min drive) for some food / drinks before heading back to the airport and hanging out at the Lounge.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Conrad BB seems to do a good job with late checkouts, availability permitting. 3pm room checkout was proactively offered the day before departure with a 4:15pm shuttle boat confirmed. So, I really only had an hour to kill - which was perfectly timed with golden (happy) hour at the pool bar (3-4pm). If the room isn't available for a late checkout, my understanding is they're a couple of rooms converted for day use changing/showers in the suites building that anyone can request to use on departure day. I certainly wouldn't get to BOB airport any earlier than you absolutely have to be there, as there really isn't anything to do at the airport.

-FlyerBeek
Awesome, thanks for the insight! Definitely heard don't go to BOB early, we'll definitely hang out as long as we can at the resort. Happy Hour sounds like a good idea for sure.

Originally Posted by pzpa
Take advantage of the Air Tahiti Nui Lounge on the second floor (past security) at PPT you're flying business or have a Priority Pass membership. It's the only place with AC at the airport and they have showers, complimentary food options, and self-serve wine / liquors available. We took a cab to the Hilton Tahiti (10min drive) for some food / drinks before heading back to the airport and hanging out at the Lounge.
Thanks for the suggestion. We are flying premium economy, not quite business. We're gonna pay the $60pp to use the international LAX lounge. We'll get our money worth in alcohol, especially arriving 2.5-ish hours early for an international flight. Definitely planned to use the Air Tahiti Nui lounge at PPT since we have Priority Pass. I think even without it we'd probably pay just for the more comfortable seating, free booze and air conditioning. Is it usually busy? I feel like everyone gets priority pass from the credit card these days.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:24 pm

Air Tahiti lounge

Don’t get your hopes up about the lounge. They wouldn’t let us lowly lounge membership folks in, because they were “prioritizing business class passengers.” They literally didn’t let anyone else in until about 10 minutes before scheduled boarding. Then they slammed the door in our faces
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:27 pm

Where do the conrad branded beach tote bags come from? Are they normally available in the rooms or are they purchased?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Eke2k6
Don’t get your hopes up about the lounge. They wouldn’t let us lowly lounge membership folks in, because they were “prioritizing business class passengers.” They literally didn’t let anyone else in until about 10 minutes before scheduled boarding. Then they slammed the door in our faces
I flew United Premium Plus (not business) less than 3 weeks ago from PPT and they let us and the couple in front us in without any issues in using Priority Pass, so YMMV. There were multiple international flights leaving that evening and we spent a solid 2-2.5hrs inside the lounge before boarding our flight.
Definitely planned to use the Air Tahiti Nui lounge at PPT since we have Priority Pass. I think even without it we'd probably pay just for the more comfortable seating, free booze and air conditioning. Is it usually busy? I feel like everyone gets priority pass from the credit card these days.
My estimate is that it was probably never at more than 70% capacity. Plenty of empty tables / couches.
cuthroat and Cynapse like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Definitely planned to use the Air Tahiti Nui lounge at PPT since we have Priority Pass. I think even without it we'd probably pay just for the more comfortable seating, free booze and air conditioning. Is it usually busy? I feel like everyone gets priority pass from the credit card these days.
I'm unsure if the Air Tahiti Nui lounge accepts Priority Pass while it's being used as a contract departure lounge. You might want to check into that, because I thought I rrecently read reports of Priority Pass members being denied entry when the lounge was close to full. Just with the single 9pm United flight that mostly full in business class, the lounge was pretty much at capacity (at least 80% full) last Sunday night.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I'm unsure if the Air Tahiti Nui lounge accepts Priority Pass while it's being used as a contract departure lounge. You might want to check into that, because I thought I recently read reports of Priority Pass members being denied entry when the lounge was close to full. Just with the single 9pm United flight that mostly full in business class, the lounge was pretty much at capacity (at least 80% full) last Sunday night.

-FlyerBeek
Thanks. It is pretty common for PP users to be denied entry for all sorts of reasons, so I've grown accustomed to it. If we get stopped I'll try to talk my way in since we aren't just flying economy. If that doesn't work we'll just pay for it. Would rather sit in a lounge for 2.5 hours for $120 than not.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Does hilton tahiti provide airport transfer to PPT?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by ricohitman
would be better to check the tahiti forum
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34049746-post37.html
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by ricohitman
Did not in February.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:52 pm

Checking out today. Hotel was at 96 % when we checked in four nights ago and no Diamond upgrades, early checkin or late check out available. We had pre-paid the upgrade to Deluxe OWB months ago and glad we did that. I conquer with others that food at the Conrad leaves much to be desired. Service also spotty. Butler service was almost non-existent but they are so busy and the staff running all over the place. I can only imagine as we enter the summer months that occupancy will remain high.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:53 pm

Checking out today. Hotel was at 96 % when we checked in four nights ago and no Diamond upgrades, early checkin or late check out available. We had pre-paid the upgrade to Deluxe OWB months ago and glad we did that. I conquer with others that food at the Conrad leaves much to be desired. Service also spotty. Butler service was almost non-existent but they are so busy and the staff running all over the place. I can only imagine as we enter the summer months that occupancy will remain high.
pzpa and Cynapse like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by mochi0172
How do you know it was 96%?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by mochi0172
Expecting the same and I’m super glad I prepaid for deluxe OWB also. Not gonna lie though, was really hoping for a pool upgrade since we’ve never had one before! Maybe we’ll get lucky and we can snag one for our last couple nights or something.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
How do you know it was 96%?
Our butler told us at check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.