Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2021, 3:52 pm

Any reason not to book Spa appointments ahead of time? On site discounts or specials?
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by linaseta
ohhh i see thank you.
How much did she quote you for upgrades?
Remy quoted upgrade to the Horizon Pool Villa would be at 25,000XPF per night. Kimi quoted 19000. Remy tried to make me pay for upgrades for all my nights vs just a few but Kimi allowed me to do it that way. Remy was out why I was able to email Kimi back and forth. I.paid 40000 for regular owv.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by Angien113
Remy quoted upgrade to the Horizon Pool Villa would be at 25,000XPF per night. Kimi quoted 19000. Remy tried to make me pay for upgrades for all my nights vs just a few but Kimi allowed me to do it that way. Remy was out why I was able to email Kimi back and forth. I.paid 40000 for regular owv.
What a farce this reservation team is. Remy told me the same thing, therefor I adjusted my stay, claiming upgrades were only permitted for the entire stay, not partial nights.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by eye84u
What a farce this reservation team is. Remy told me the same thing, therefor I adjusted my stay, claiming upgrades were only permitted for the entire stay, not partial nights.
Remy tried to enforce it but I asked her to review with Kimi because Kimi stated that I didn't have to. Layer she emailed saying that she was gonna allow an exception after talking with Kimi.

I tried to bargain with Remy about half board price because I'm diamond and already get free breakfast and didn't think I should have to pay 10k per person just for dinner. We will just do a la carte.

We arrive two weeks from today and I'm super excited!!
Old Nov 4, 2021, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Angien113
Remy quoted 39000 XPF per night to upgrade from the standard room to a King Overwater Villa (our stay is at the end of April 2022).
Old Nov 4, 2021, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Mae Zieg
Remy quoted 39000 XPF per night to upgrade from the standard room to a King Overwater Villa (our stay is at the end of April 2022).
Same, end of February.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, IHG, Hyatt
Do upgrade prices usually go up as it nears the date of the stay? And how does it compare to upgrade prices at checkin?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 2:28 pm

Does anybody have any idea what the current shuttle boat schedule to town is? The only thing I can find is a schedule from 2015 on their website. I have emailed them several times at several different emails over several days and have received no response. I also called them several hours ago and they said they would email me the details and I haven't see that either (checked spam folder, etc.). I am a Diamond, staying in December and would like to plan some activities before I arrive. I am not terribly impressed with their service so far even with my COVID lowered expectations.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 11:56 am

This is exactly what we recently did. Did the overwater bungalow at the Hilton Moorea and did the Beach Villa with Pool at the Conrad. The water and diving is much nicer from the OWB's at the Hilton Moorea as the water is not as deep and there is more coral and fish.

We were glad to have done the Beach Pool Villa at the Conrad as it was a free upgrade for our entire 6 day stay and we felt that we didn't need to do an OWB again after just coming from the Hilton Moorea.

The one thing to note about the Horizon View Pool Villa vs the normal Beach Pool Villa is that the Horizon View Villa is on the top of a hill. It's a pretty steep hike that takes about 5 minutes to get to your room. You can have a golf cart take you up but you will need to be prepared to wait for one to arrive. The views are phenomenal once you get on top of the hill where the Horizon View rooms are. The Beach Pool Villa's have great Ocean Front views that are on the part of the beach where there's very few people. We were about 30-40 yards from the water, with lots of tropical vegetation and flowers around the villa to create privacy.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by collin_mcclellan1
This is exactly what we recently did. Did the overwater bungalow at the Hilton Moorea and did the Beach Villa with Pool at the Conrad. The water and diving is much nicer from the OWB's at the Hilton Moorea as the water is not as deep and there is more coral and fish.

We were glad to have done the Beach Pool Villa at the Conrad as it was a free upgrade for our entire 6 day stay and we felt that we didn't need to do an OWB again after just coming from the Hilton Moorea.

The one thing to note about the Horizon View Pool Villa vs the normal Beach Pool Villa is that the Horizon View Villa is on the top of a hill. It's a pretty steep hike that takes about 5 minutes to get to your room. You can have a golf cart take you up but you will need to be prepared to wait for one to arrive. The views are phenomenal once you get on top of the hill where the Horizon View rooms are. The Beach Pool Villa's have great Ocean Front views that are on the part of the beach where there's very few people. We were about 30-40 yards from the water, with lots of tropical vegetation and flowers around the villa to create privacy.
Thanks so much for this info. It is helpful.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Mae Zieg
That's really good. I paid about 89000 XPF for my upcoming stay on 11-15 to 11-19 of this year. I booked this past July using my Hilton FNC's and wanted to make sure we got the OWB for at least half of our stay.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 7:28 pm

Someone asked about the shuttle times, I was able to secure them. Hopefully I am attaching this correctly. I knew about the 7500 fee on day of arrival, but disappointed to see the times essentially preclude dinner in Vaitape unless you want to spend $100 for a round trip for 2. I am sure their reason is COVID but it continues a years long trend in increasing revenue by limiting options. (Edit: To add, we were there right before COVID, took a 1500 shuttle at around 4-4:30 and had dinner at Saint James. Pricey option now to do it again).
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:27 pm

Just wanted to add that I booked a king overwater villa for 4 nights next June. Not on points but Orbitz had a lower rate than the Hilton website so they matched the price and gave me 25% off.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by flightmedic
Just wanted to add that I booked a king overwater villa for 4 nights next June. Not on points but Orbitz had a lower rate than the Hilton website so they matched the price and gave me 25% off.
Well done. Was this matched/reserved by booking with Hilton directly upon finding a lower price? I was unaware of a 25% discount on a price match. Is that a standard policy? If so, That is great to know! I wonder if Hilton would match Costco travel. I often see some stellar deals for this property through costco.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:12 am

Hilton has had a price match plus an additional 25% off for a number of years. I checked the lowest price (HHonors) on the Hilton website and then shopped around. Orbitz was lower. I called Hilton and it took about 30 minutes as they check their rate and then go to the site I found to confirm the lower rate. They then match that rate and take another 25% off. It took a while as they then had to put the rate back to XPF currency as that is how the Hilton site displays the rate.

The Hilton rule is that the lower rate must be viewable and bookable by anybody. That would exclude Costco as you have to be a member.
brodielayne, KRUXED and Cynapse like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.