Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by msmont
I called and as of Monday June 26 they are no longer a Hilton Garden Inn. They added my points manually though.

For those looking for options there is a Hilton near the Milan Central Station, you can probably catch the train in the morning and catch a flight back to the US pretty easily. The train takes about an hour. That Hilton can be quite expensive on the weekdays, however. There is a brand new Sheraton connected to the airport that I am probably going to try next, seems to run about 100 Euros a night. I have tried the IC, which is about a 5 minute shuttle ride as well and that is okay.
There is also a much cheaper and quite new Doubletree Hotel in Milan. Is not centrally located but very convenient with the public transportation (with tram 12 you reach Piazza Duomo in about 20-25 minutes). It is also very close (5 minutes walk) to the Milano Certosa railway station. Unfortunately there are not direct trains to Malpensa (I suppose they don't stop at this station because is mainly used for suburb and commuter trains) but you can reach the airport in 75 minutes with a single train change. The hotel is largely used by aircrew and there is also a crew lounge. Starting mid july weekday rates from € 69.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: Delta - Plat, Hilton - Diamond
Originally Posted by Aldebaran
There is also a much cheaper and quite new Doubletree Hotel in Milan. Is not centrally located but very convenient with the public transportation (with tram 12 you reach Piazza Duomo in about 20-25 minutes). It is also very close (5 minutes walk) to the Milano Certosa railway station. Unfortunately there are not direct trains to Malpensa (I suppose they don't stop at this station because is mainly used for suburb and commuter trains) but you can reach the airport in 75 minutes with a single train change. The hotel is largely used by aircrew and there is also a crew lounge. Starting mid july weekday rates from € 69.
I've wondered about this hotel. Personally I am usually hauling around two weeks worth of luggage and would prefer not to haul it around on the subway or trams, but a train with a 5 min walk I don't mind.

It's a shame that the Hilton that is right there at Centrale is charging some pretty exorbitant rates during the weekdays.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by msmont
I've wondered about this hotel. Personally I am usually hauling around two weeks worth of luggage and would prefer not to haul it around on the subway or trams, but a train with a 5 min walk I don't mind.

It's a shame that the Hilton that is right there at Centrale is charging some pretty exorbitant rates during the weekdays.
I stayed last year at this Doubletree and I liked very much. New, modern and with a fresh look. I had a rented car, so it was no problem.
I agree that the combination of the train + 5 min walk looks fine, so I may consider staying in my next trip to Milan, if my plane is not too early.

The Sheraton MXP is nice but rates are also quite high, and if you have no status, free internet is only for 1/2h.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 4:04 am

Programs: Cathay Marco Polo, AF/KLM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, others
What???

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
I had the same issue yesterday trying to book one night for a friend. I checked also today and the hotel doesn't appear any more in the Hilton portfolio. Phoned to the hotel but the FD have not idea and the manager is not on site.
Anyway is not a big lost if the hotel is leaving Hilton....

I have booked a night at this hotel for september (Formula one weekend). Never got a message that it has left the Hilton Group. Is it now owned by another hotel group or is it an independent hotel? Have to look for the adress otherwise I can't find the hotel anymore...
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Rockhopper24
I have booked a night at this hotel for september (Formula one weekend). Never got a message that it has left the Hilton Group. Is it now owned by another hotel group or is it an independent hotel? Have to look for the adress otherwise I can't find the hotel anymore...

As reported the hotel left Hhonors on june 27th after less than 2 years in the Hilton family.
The former Grand Hotel Malpensa www.grandhotelmalpensa.com will probably return to its original name. By the way the website is not yet updated.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Stay away from this hotel. If you have a booking, cancel it and stay somewhere else. HiltonHonors will not give you credit for the stay under any circumstance even if you prepaid.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: Cathay Marco Polo, AF/KLM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, others
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
Stay away from this hotel. If you have a booking, cancel it and stay somewhere else. HiltonHonors will not give you credit for the stay under any circumstance even if you prepaid.
Your quote worries me. Since it is close to the airport, I was thinking about staying at the hotel anyway, even if I don't get Hhonors credit. It's just for one night. Did you have a bad experience at a previous stay?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:35 pm

Your quote worries me. Since it is close to the airport, I was thinking about staying at the hotel anyway, even if I don't get Hhonors credit. It's just for one night. Did you have a bad experience at a previous stay?
It is not close to the airport: I passed just yesterday in front of the hotel going to MXP and it is about 8Km from the terminal 1. There are many other hotels closer. I suggest you the Sheraton in front of terminal 1.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: HH D, IHG G, SPG G
Hi All - I've just joined this forum after searching for an Hhonors forum to discover if there was any chatter about the MXP Garden Inn. Can't believe it has taken me this long to find the forum as I am Diamond....

I was due to stay at this hotel last week after staying twice previously...but when I was preparing fo rmy trip I noticed my reservation had disappeared from the HH website and the hotel was no longer listed. I had booked a 66 Euro advance payment room. Called Hilton who told me that the property had left Hilton, but that the hotel should still honour my reservation. They did not know the new name, so after much searching on the web, I found the details. I called the hotel who claimed to have no booking for me.

To ensure I had a room when I arrived in Italy, I had to book a new room at another property (the Hilton in downtown Milan, which was excellent) but so far I have been unsuccessful on obtaining a refund on the 66 Euros for a reservation that has simply 'disappeared'. So far Hilton have not even acknowledged my complaint emails and the hotel claim to know nothing about me.

If you are the same situation be prepared, and if any one has any advice, it would be appreciated!
Old Sep 3, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by wildthing271
Hi All - I've just joined this forum after searching for an Hhonors forum to discover if there was any chatter about the MXP Garden Inn. Can't believe it has taken me this long to find the forum as I am Diamond....

I was due to stay at this hotel last week after staying twice previously...but when I was preparing fo rmy trip I noticed my reservation had disappeared from the HH website and the hotel was no longer listed. I had booked a 66 Euro advance payment room. Called Hilton who told me that the property had left Hilton, but that the hotel should still honour my reservation. They did not know the new name, so after much searching on the web, I found the details. I called the hotel who claimed to have no booking for me.

To ensure I had a room when I arrived in Italy, I had to book a new room at another property (the Hilton in downtown Milan, which was excellent) but so far I have been unsuccessful on obtaining a refund on the 66 Euros for a reservation that has simply 'disappeared'. So far Hilton have not even acknowledged my complaint emails and the hotel claim to know nothing about me.

If you are the same situation be prepared, and if any one has any advice, it would be appreciated!
Welcome to FT wildthing271,

Do you have a confirmation e-mail with your booking? IMO this should sufficient to claim with Hilton.

Good luck!
Old Sep 4, 2011, 10:10 am

Thanks Savoix ... yes I have the confirmation and am hoping for a positive response from Hilton.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
And failing that, I suggest pursuing it with your credit card company.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:16 am

I've now spoken to Hilton Customer Services who are working to get a refund applied to my credit card - thanks for the advice on here!
Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
* BUMP *

So it looks like this hotel is going to be part of the Hilton brand again. The tripadvisor reviews in recent past seems to indicate the couple years that it left Hilton were pretty miserable. Does anyone know if Hilton is doing anything to revamp the hotel? (It's almost like subletting an apartment only to find out that the person trashed the place while you were away.)

"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival April 5, 2013 and beyond."
Old Mar 20, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I'm thrilled to see this - depending. I liked this hotel very, very much. I just hope that the management in intervening years managed the smoking ban with the discipline that Hilton did. As I think I said upthread, the whole hotel always seemed brand new because they were rigorous about no smoking. It seemed like it had never been smoked in. It allowed us to appreciate the rest of the features: airy, light, modern rooms, unusual atrium lobby design, fine breakfast and evening (bar) antipasti buffets. And, while it had a frequent airport shuttle, it was a very un-airport hotel. Much more in the FS Hilton genre than Hilton Garden Inn. (So a nice redemption value.)

Anyone know which brand it will take?

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 20, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.