FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa {ITA}
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2011, 9:25 am
more4less

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by wildthing271
Hi All - I've just joined this forum after searching for an Hhonors forum to discover if there was any chatter about the MXP Garden Inn. Can't believe it has taken me this long to find the forum as I am Diamond....

I was due to stay at this hotel last week after staying twice previously...but when I was preparing fo rmy trip I noticed my reservation had disappeared from the HH website and the hotel was no longer listed. I had booked a 66 Euro advance payment room. Called Hilton who told me that the property had left Hilton, but that the hotel should still honour my reservation. They did not know the new name, so after much searching on the web, I found the details. I called the hotel who claimed to have no booking for me.

To ensure I had a room when I arrived in Italy, I had to book a new room at another property (the Hilton in downtown Milan, which was excellent) but so far I have been unsuccessful on obtaining a refund on the 66 Euros for a reservation that has simply 'disappeared'. So far Hilton have not even acknowledged my complaint emails and the hotel claim to know nothing about me.

If you are the same situation be prepared, and if any one has any advice, it would be appreciated!
Welcome to FT wildthing271,

Do you have a confirmation e-mail with your booking? IMO this should sufficient to claim with Hilton.

Good luck!