Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2010, 5:06 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by saviox
+1

I have now stayed 4/5 times at this property and everytime the internet has driven me mad. When I complain in reception, they say that I am the 1st one to complain(they cannot even remember that I have done it in every stay).

Shuttle - from MXP is not very good. I always have had to wait not less than 15/20'.
Never used Internet but must be remembered that normally hotel is very cheap. Gd quality rooms but I do agree that if you don't have a car it isn't very convenient..

When the Sheraton opens prices might go down..
Old May 21, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
I have been to the hotel twice in the past year and neither time was i able to connect to the internet from my guest room.
Old May 22, 2010, 4:01 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Same problem here regarding the internet ...

But I have not had to wait for the shuttle longer than 15 minutes, which is not that bad, given the fact that the hotel is not that close to the airport.
Old May 2, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: Cathay Marco Polo, AF/KLM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, others
I'm going to Milan this summer. My plane arrives late in the evening so I'm planning to stay at HGI Malpensa and leave for downtown the next morning. How long does it take to downtown Milan? And because of rush hour: is there a good train connection from MXP to downtown (I stay in Hilton Milan the next night and that is close to the central train station)?
Old May 2, 2011, 6:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Rockhopper24
I'm going to Milan this summer. My plane arrives late in the evening so I'm planning to stay at HGI Malpensa and leave for downtown the next morning. How long does it take to downtown Milan? And because of rush hour: is there a good train connection from MXP to downtown (I stay in Hilton Milan the next night and that is close to the central train station)?
Hello Rockhopper24,

There is a train(Malpensa Express) from the airport to Milano Centrale, that is 5' walking from the Hilton Milan.
Up to a few months ago this train only went to Milano Cardona, which was not convenient for the Hilton.
I do not know the schedule from the airport to Milano Centrale, and I do not think there are so many trains per hour, but taking in consideration the 1st night you are staying at the HGI, you can probably arrive to the airport to connect inmediately with the train.

Train journey is aprox 30'.

Have a nice trip,

Last edited by more4less; May 2, 2011 at 6:16 am Reason: add comment
Old May 2, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta - Plat, Hilton - Diamond
Hello Rockhopper24,

There is a train(Malpensa Express) from the airport to Milano Centrale, that is 5' walking from the Hilton Milan.
Up to a few months ago this train only went to Milano Cardona, which was not convenient for the Hilton.
I do not know the schedule from the airport to Milano Centrale, and I do not think there are so many trains per hour, but taking in consideration the 1st night you are staying at the HGI, you can probably arrive to the airport to connect inmediately with the train.

Train journey is aprox 30'.

Have a nice trip,
Don't know what train you were taking but the one from the airport to Centrale takes an hour because it has about 8 stops. It runs every half hour though. There are buses as well that run more often but are fully packed usually and they also take about an hour.

I have stayed at this HGI about 8 times now, usually just for one night before flying out the next morning. Typically you have to wait 30 minutes or so after you call for the shuttle to show up, it picks you up by door #7. Sometimes when you call for the shuttle they tell you that, sometimes they don't, it's a little bit further down from where all the other hotels have their shuttle.

I never had problems with the internet until last Friday when that stated that it wasn't working.
Old May 2, 2011, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by msmont
Don't know what train you were taking but the one from the airport to Centrale takes an hour because it has about 8 stops. It runs every half hour though. There are buses as well that run more often but are fully packed usually and they also take about an hour.

I have stayed at this HGI about 8 times now, usually just for one night before flying out the next morning. Typically you have to wait 30 minutes or so after you call for the shuttle to show up, it picks you up by door #7. Sometimes when you call for the shuttle they tell you that, sometimes they don't, it's a little bit further down from where all the other hotels have their shuttle.

I never had problems with the internet until last Friday when that stated that it wasn't working.
Hello msmont,

I have only taken once the train to Centrale, and I had the impression that was only 30', but could have been a little more.
Before I always took the train to Cardona or the bus that you have mentioned.

I agree with your comments about the shuttle to the hotel, and it is something I dislike very much, but in my last 2 stays I have been very lucky. In one it was at the airport and in the other one arrived within 10'.

Regarding internet in the hotel, it is a bit unreliable. Also in my last stay, aprox. 3 weeks ago, it did not work in the afternoon/evening.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:02 am

I stayed at the end of last week in this hotel and now internet is not working in the rooms, either by wi-fi or cable.
They have set-up an "internet point" in the bar with many ethernet cables to connect to your own laptop.
There good thing is that there are many cables so no problem of availability. The bad part is that there is no privacy if you want to speak through internet or work in a quiet environment.
I hope it is solved soon.
Old May 9, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: Cathay Marco Polo, AF/KLM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, others
Thanks

Both saviox and msmont: thanks for your remarks and suggestions. ^
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:49 pm

Stayed there again last week, the internet is still out. Also no points posted again, that's 5 out of 7 times at this hotel.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:32 am

Stayed there again last week, the internet is still out. Also no points posted again, that's 5 out of 7 times at this hotel.
No points/miles posted in my last 2 stays at this property. Had to contact HHonors for retro-credit(4th or 5th time this year for this issue )

They told me last week that normal internet will be working at the end of June.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:30 pm

Hello,

Does somebody know if this property is not in the Hilton portfolio any longer?

I am trying to book a room for next month in Milan area an it does not appear as an alternative.
Also when I log in my account, the name of the hotel does not show under "Hotel Stays Summary", but the dates do appear.

Thanks,
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Hello,

Does somebody know if this property is not in the Hilton portfolio any longer?

I am trying to book a room for next month in Milan area an it does not appear as an alternative.
Also when I log in my account, the name of the hotel does not show under "Hotel Stays Summary", but the dates do appear.

Thanks,
I had the same issue yesterday trying to book one night for a friend. I checked also today and the hotel doesn't appear any more in the Hilton portfolio. Phoned to the hotel but the FD have not idea and the manager is not on site.
Anyway is not a big lost if the hotel is leaving Hilton....
Old Jun 30, 2011, 7:29 am

This is the email I got back after I filled out the missing dates form.

Thank you for your recent request requesting Hilton HHonors credit for your stay at Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa from June 16, 2011 to June 17, 2011.

We are unable to credit your Hilton HHonors account for this particular stay as the (Insert Hotel Name) was not a participating Hilton Family hotel in the HHonors program at the time of your stay. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

To verify which Hilton Family hotels participate in the Hilton HHonors program or should you have any additional questions, please contact the Hilton Reservations and Customer Care Center at 1-800-548-8690. Any Hilton Customer Care Representative will be happy to assist you. You may also visit our website at www.hiltonhhonors.com for additional details regarding the Hilton HHonors program.

Thank you for your continued support of the Hilton HHonors program. We look forward to welcoming you to a Hilton Family hotel in the future.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 7:49 am

This is the email I got back after I filled out the missing dates form.

Thank you for your recent request requesting Hilton HHonors credit for your stay at Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa from June 16, 2011 to June 17, 2011.

We are unable to credit your Hilton HHonors account for this particular stay as the (Insert Hotel Name) was not a participating Hilton Family hotel in the HHonors program at the time of your stay. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

To verify which Hilton Family hotels participate in the Hilton HHonors program or should you have any additional questions, please contact the Hilton Reservations and Customer Care Center at 1-800-548-8690. Any Hilton Customer Care Representative will be happy to assist you. You may also visit our website at www.hiltonhhonors.com for additional details regarding the Hilton HHonors program.

Thank you for your continued support of the Hilton HHonors program. We look forward to welcoming you to a Hilton Family hotel in the future.
I called and as of Monday June 26 they are no longer a Hilton Garden Inn. They added my points manually though.

For those looking for options there is a Hilton near the Milan Central Station, you can probably catch the train in the morning and catch a flight back to the US pretty easily. The train takes about an hour. That Hilton can be quite expensive on the weekdays, however. There is a brand new Sheraton connected to the airport that I am probably going to try next, seems to run about 100 Euros a night. I have tried the IC, which is about a 5 minute shuttle ride as well and that is okay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.