Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
A few photos -

A few photos-
Attached Images      
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:11 pm

A few photos -

Edit- will upload tomorrow, wifi weak here at Hilton Milan

Last edited by wizla; Aug 15, 2018 at 12:38 pm
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:47 am

Photos continued -
Attached Images      
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I had two separate nights at this hotel in the last 2 weeks, and really enjoyed it. Only negative was that the window wouldn't opened, but I managed to find a worked with a crowbar! Staff very friendly and helpful, shuttle very reliable (but book it if you have an early morning checkin deadline). The breakfast was very good, with decent products rather than the usual cheap rubbish. Now, the hotel is not at Malpensa, but in the town on Somma Lombarda which is on the SS33 which is the original road from Milan up over the Simplon Pass. The town is surprisingly pleasant for its proximity to MIlan (Busto Arsizio, Gallarate, anyone?) with a castello and an old center.

The greatest thing was the tiny railway station of Somma Lombarda, like something out of the 1950s, where you buy tickets in the little coffee bar just beside it (remember to validate your ticket by stamping it in the machine on the platform). It takes 15-20 minutes to walk there from the hotel, fine without baggage (but I managed to find somebody working at the hotel to drive me down there, and tipped him for it). It costs peanuts to go into Milan. I took a regional connection up to Domodossola, along the shores of Lago di Maggiore, from where I went into Switzerland, The trip cost EUR6.50, and was really great (took me back to another era).
Old Feb 19, 2020, 12:55 pm

I stayed here for one night before a morning flight from Malpensa airport the next day.

Before my stay I contacted the hotel because I needed to purchase an item and have it shipped to the hotel at the end of my trip so I can travel home with it. The hotel was extremely responsive to what I needed and was more than willing to help. They let me know when it was delivered and graciously held the item securely for five days until I arrived. Considering the item was rather large, this was greatly appreciate and really was a huge help in my travels.

When I arrived at the hotel, I was warmly greeted and made to feel welcome. I was upgraded to a larger room (I have Diamond status with Hilton) which included a separate bedroom and a second bed in the living space. Breakfast was good and had a lot of options (eggs, pastries, meats, cheeses, fruit, etc.).

I was told breakfast was part of my Diamond benefit but when I entered the breakfast restaurant, there was really no one to greet me or take my name or room number. An employee was cleaning up the tables but didn't seem to care that I just walked in. Maybe all guests get breakfast but that was a bit odd. Also, the internet isn't superb. Supposedly I received premium internet with status but the connection dropped from my iPhone every time the screen turned off (maybe it was a setting on my phone but that hasn't happened elsewhere). And while the internet was functional, it was hardly speedy.

It's about a 15 minute drive in morning traffic from the hotel to the airport. There is an Eni gas station on the way if you need to return your rental car full. We had a rental car so didn't make use of the shuttle but it was running frequently.

Don't hesitate to stay here: the employees are friendly and helpful, elite recognition is good, and it is extremely convenient to the airport and surrounding area.
henry999 and MoodyB like this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:55 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by danpeake
{snip}

I was told breakfast was part of my Diamond benefit but when I entered the breakfast restaurant, there was really no one to greet me or take my name or room number. An employee was cleaning up the tables but didn't seem to care that I just walked in. Maybe all guests get breakfast but that was a bit odd. {snip}
This is more and more common on low-scale and mid-scale range. Global trend is to overwork and underpay staff and the breakfast room is not attended anymore except by one or two staff who are supposed to manage attendance but also make hot drinks, clean tables, etc ... As they can not reasonably do this something has to give in and usually it is the attendance management. Results the breakfast is a free for all and anybody can enter. I see that more and more often on HGI in various places.
There is a well known hotel in Stavanger where they never manage the breakfast room entrance for years. It became so well known that on Sunday morning the breakfast room was full of non-guest, usually people getting a bite after a night out in clubs.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
This is more and more common on low-scale and mid-scale range. Global trend is to overwork and underpay staff and the breakfast room is not attended anymore except by one or two staff who are supposed to manage attendance but also make hot drinks, clean tables, etc ... As they can not reasonably do this something has to give in and usually it is the attendance management. Results the breakfast is a free for all and anybody can enter. I see that more and more often on HGI in various places.
There is a well known hotel in Stavanger where they never manage the breakfast room entrance for years. It became so well known that on Sunday morning the breakfast room was full of non-guest, usually people getting a bite after a night out in clubs.
Very well may have been the case here. To be fair, this hotel's breakfast was certainly not a free-for-all; there were only about 10-20 individuals having breakfast when I arrived.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 1:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
leaving Hilton on 31st Dec 2022

Departing from the chain
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:36 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
Departing from the chain
Erm ... this was noted already on 12 October in the ... wait for it!... Hilton properties joining / leaving the Hilton chain thread.
treppenlaeufer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.