Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by JRV62
There are ways of keeping the bar costs down but I don't want to post it here. PM me.
Well that's cryptic and intriguing.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Having also done both, dinner didn't seem too dark either. My main memory of lunch is the baby crying and bashing cutlery onto the dishes and the parents not really doing a good job of controlling him.
Yeah, I got lucky there were a couple of 12ish year old kids in the lunch I was at but they were very well behaved.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki
So shorts and a button down shirt are fine even for the places that say smart casual, or do I need slacks?
Slacks for dinner at Ithaa and preferably for The Wine Cellar & The Wine Bar too.

And, for the final record, is anything expected above the 10% service charge for the meals? I plan to leave some $ for housekeeping, breakfast, and others since those are included.
Expected? No way. Though there's a space on every bill to add extra gratuity if you wish.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Ptwin208
Question,

We are planning on staying at the nearby Maamigili Islands for 2 nights before our 6 night stay at the Conrad. We are wondering if anyone had information on the best way to get from Maamigili to the Conrad? Has anyone else ever taken a boat from that Island or another nearby? Can't seem to find any information out online.

Thanks.
I plan to stay in Whale Shark Inn in Maamigili and they offer $150 one way boat trip to Conrad. You can ask the hotel if they have similar arrangements
i like to experience the local too!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Slacks for dinner at Ithaa and preferably for The Wine Cellar & The Wine Bar too.

Expected? No way. Though there's a space on every bill to add extra gratuity if you wish.
Thanks, MaldivesFreak! I'll bring slacks for dinner at Ithaa. We don't plan on doing the Wine Cellar.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:29 am

Also, I inquired about a tour of Male upon departure, and the person who's reached out to me said that the hotel doesn't arrange tours of the city. This seems to contradict what others have indicated here.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:37 am

Also, I inquired about a tour of Male upon departure, and the person who's reached out to me said that the hotel doesn't arrange tours of the city. This seems to contradict what others have indicated here.
OK, thanks for that. Added that to the wiki. No doubt it was probably the most unpopular tour in history, LOL!

Originally Posted by Jellyaann
I plan to stay in Whale Shark Inn in Maamigili and they offer $150 one way boat trip to Conrad. You can ask the hotel if they have similar arrangements
i like to experience the local too!
Wow, that's pretty damn cheap! Is that per person, including all taxes? And do you have an email that you can copy & paste the text from and post it here? That would be great. Thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Smile

They were still offering it in June when I was there upon departure, it was free but you just had to pay a dollar for the ferry. We were going to do it for a quick tour and dinner but then our seaplane got delayed from 430 pm to 630 pm so we just had to suck up another 2 hours in paradise...
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:18 am

In an email this week I was told to check with my Guest Service Agent about a tour.

Last edited by pamdrew; Jul 15, 2018 at 10:41 am Reason: Typo
Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:57 am

Hm. Could someone who is at the resort now (or will be soon) please double check. TIA.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:45 pm
soy

Programs: various
The tour of Male was still being offered this week. It was noted in the letter informing me of departure arrangements. As noted you just need to pay the $1 ferry fare
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by soy
The tour of Male was still being offered this week. It was noted in the letter informing me of departure arrangements. As noted you just need to pay the $1 ferry fare
Thanks for the information. Is the letter provided on the day of departure? Do you leave the luggage at the seaplane lounge while you do the tour?

I wonder why I was given different information...
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the information. Is the letter provided on the day of departure? Do you leave the luggage at the seaplane lounge while you do the tour?

No, there is a place to store it at the airport, I think they said it was like 5-6 dollars a bag.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:27 pm
soy

Programs: various

They drop the letter to your room the night before you check out. Usually it gets there around 7pm or so.

At the airport, you get your bags back (they bring them over from the seaplane terminal in a van), and then the Conrad guy will bring you across to the left luggage facility. Current cost is $6 per item
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by soy
They drop the letter to your room the night before you check out. Usually it gets there around 7pm or so.

At the airport, you get your bags back (they bring them over from the seaplane terminal in a van), and then the Conrad guy will bring you across to the left luggage facility. Current cost is $6 per item
Thanks for the information. This is assuming that one does not decide to stay at the lounge in the seaplane terminal? I think Mrs. Majuki and I will opt for this route rather than the Conrad Lounge at the seaplane terminal schedules permitting. I don't mind paying for the lounge upon return - although it's unfortunate that this used to be a Diamond benefit - but with a combination of lounge time at the airport, onboard service, and Cathay Pacific lounges in Hong Kong, I think we'll be well fed enough to forgo the Conrad's lounge.

Also, I need to have one meal at the Burger King at the airport. I eat McDonald's in every country that I visit, but since the Maldives doesn't have a franchise I will have to make do with Burger King.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.