Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2003, 4:17 am

He will be flying British Airways, and no he doesn't have status with anyone or club membership. The previous post for the Priority Club membership sounds interesting I will have to check into that. Does anyone know if I buy a membership for myself, would he be able to use it as my guest without my being with him?
Thanks for the ideas.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 10:12 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cndij:
He will be flying British Airways, and no he doesn't have status with anyone or club membership. The previous post for the Priority Club membership sounds interesting I will have to check into that. Does anyone know if I buy a membership for myself, would he be able to use it as my guest without my being with him?
Thanks for the ideas.
</font>
Not sure if priority pass lounges have showers at LHR and a membership is expensive if you aren't going to use it often ( do they just do day prices ? ).

However the new holideck lounge in terminal 4 allows a day pass for about 17GBP I believe, might be worth dropping them an e mail to check on showers.

www.holideck.co.uk

Nigel

Old May 22, 2003, 8:06 pm

Heathrow Hilton

I have to stay next week at Heathrow overnight. Any info about hotel would be appreciated.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Is LHR-Hilton quiet enough to sleep?

I'm arriving at LHR (Terminal-4) 8:30pm, continuing next day (from Terminal-1) at 11:30am.
HHonors site says it is possible to walk from Terminal-4 to LHR-Hilton - how much time of walk this is?
Is LHR-Hilton quiet enough to sleep (being next to airport), or you will recommend something else?
Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The signs say it is a six minute walk from the T4 walkay entrance to the Hilton ( with signs every 2 minutes ( ie " you are now " 4 ...2 mins") but even with a trolley you you will be able to do it in less than 5 mins ( unless you are carrying the kitchen sink!!! ) or walk slowly.

The rooms themselves have excellent sound proofing and you will not hear a sound from the outside ( you will hear more noise from the corridor and the next door rooms ( but I did not hear anything from the neighbouring rooms when I was there on 6th June) so I would not be concerned on the noise front.
Executive lounge is open until 10pm ( on 5th floor if you are Gold /Diamond). Breakfast starts around 630am or 7am ( in the lounge)

Hope this helps

Regards

TBS

[This message has been edited by The _Banking_Scot (edited 07-05-2003).]
Old Jul 5, 2003, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Yes, noise is not a problem. And LHR has a curfew, so flights end before midnight and only start up again at 5:30 or 6am.

You should be in your bed -- if that's where you want to be -- by 9:30pm. Next morning you can do a landside bus transfer from T4 to T1, or go down to the Heathrow Express and use it for free to get to T1. The Tube requires you to buy a ticket to ride it between T4 and LHR Central [T1,2&3].
Old Jul 6, 2003, 3:27 am

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Hint: If you are Diamond or Gold try to checkin with the lounge on the 5th floor rather than the front desk.
Old Jul 6, 2003, 3:42 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, Delta GLD, Hilton GLD
I recently used the LHR Hilton for the day when I was waiting for my connection to PRG. I can attest that I personally slept at the Hilton. The walk is not that long maybe five minutes. Was given lounge access on the day rate as a diamond, didn't go. Shower, nap, then lunch downstairs, and then back to the terminal via LHR express (terminal 4 to terminal 1, for free) to checkin for flight to PRG.

------------------
dallasflyer
Old Jul 6, 2003, 5:03 pm

i love this hilton; slept the sleep of the just on many occasions there/
Old Oct 14, 2003, 9:31 pm

Hilton Heathrow

I will have an overnight at Heathrow (arriving around 10 p.m. and leaving around 11 a.m. ) and have booked a room at the Heathrow Hilton. However, in a non-FT review site, I have read that the staff is inefficient, and the rooms are small, musty smelling, and a smoker had occupied the supposedly nonsmokng room. As a gold, can I expect any type of upgrade (to exec. floor), and have any other FTers visited this property recently. Or would you recommend another Heathrow property.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Heathrow Hilton is OK at best. Several stays (as a Diamond) yeild little in the way of upgrades or amenities. I've pretty much given up on that hotel, and use Paddington instead. Heathrow Express gets you to the terminals almost as fast as you can walk from the Heathrow Hilton. Only 25 pounds round trip. Depending on what airline you are arriving on, it could be quicker to go into Paddington than take the Express to terminal 4 (which is the only way to get over to terminal 4) and then walk to the Hilton.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's awful. One of the coldest (not temp) and poorest designed properties I've ever stayed in, IMHO.

I knew I was in trouble when a "regular" checking-in in front of me said to the clerk, "Okay. Which cell block am I in tonight." And that's exactly what the layout reminded me of too!

Small rooms, half made of plastic. Hope you don't have too much luggage as you don't have a lot of space. Closet? More like a cabinet. Bathroom reminded me of a cruise ship bathroom.

I came down to the "lobby" (the floor of the central atrium) just to get out of the room and there were all these people just sitting around doing nothing (as there is nothing to do out there) looking like prisoners out in "the yard." Small bar.

And get ready for a healthy schlep. The walk from the terminal to the hotel is so far that they have these "roadsigns" in the tunnel "Only 8 more minutes to the Hilton Heathrow." I honestly think it's quicker and more convenient to take the Heathrow Express to the Hilton Paddington (a MUCH nicer hotel)!

Actually got a good laugh out of the place the first time, I thought it was so bad. Unfortunately, I've had to go back more than a few times, and it hasn't been so amusing on subsequent visits.

Do everything you can to mooch the upgrade (if they have such a thing). You're gonna really appreciate it at this one.

IMHO.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 1:34 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
I'll just say that we had a very nice award stay recently. (Yes, the corridor walk is a long one, but we personally don't mind the exercise after a flight and luggage trolleys were available, both to and from the hotel.)

As for the architecture, I found it to be quite modern and stylish--to each his own, I guess. I can see where the 'cell block' analogy comes in, but, in fairness, many 'atrium' hotels could fit that category then.

I would add that we found the lounge visits especially nice. The staff served us directly, brought our drinks, and asked if we wanted anything in particular as a snack (and made suggestions as well). I can't say that you'll get that same attention, but we certainly did throughout the stay.

--Grog--

(Edited to add: As a Gold, without asking we were given a comfortable executive room. And, since you're arriving late, the lounge unfortunately will only be available to you in the a.m.)

[This message has been edited by Grog (edited 10-15-2003).]
Old Oct 15, 2003, 4:46 am

This hotel really is one of the worst Hiltons I have stayed at. Besides other comments already covered I had problems with Gold benefits. I got a normal room with no lounge access. I asked if an upgrade was available for the club floor but no deal. In the morning I asked about the free breakfast and was told that since I was not on the club floor it was not available. After poliet persistence and then finally asking for a supervisor they caved in and gave a key card for the lounge. This was very small, but a decent breakfast as far as I remember.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 12:46 pm

My wife and I were recently at the LHR on an award stay. Quite honestly, I do not understand the negative comments appearing on this thread. Methinks that the long, long walk to the hotel taints people's views. But that's LHR - our walk from the UA arrivals gate to immigration seemed interminable, not to mention the walk from baggage claim to the HEX station.

Back on topic, ee found our room to be quite nicely appointed, albeit small (welcome to the UK). The staff was helpful and very friendly, especially after my own bonehead move which necessitated that the fire brigade pay a visit to the hotel. We were pre-upgraded to an Executive Level room, and while we did not experience the lounge in the evening, the breakfast offerings were very good. Free internet access in the lounge as well.

Overall, we were very satisfied. I will say that the hotel seemed overpriced as a Premium level property (I think it is category 5 under the new rules, please correct me if I'm wrong), but I would definitely not call it a dump.

EWC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.