Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
The weather will be great, looking forward to your report.
Thanks.....Yes I've been watching the forecast like a hawk, it's looking good for the walk......... i also noticed the hotel is sold out so I'm wondering if for the first time ever I may not get upgraded?.
It's an unusual one this...... I will be arriving around 7 am and have requested a very early check in as it would be very helpful to sauna and shower before I leave for Greenwich at 9-30am....... fingers crossed......they have managed it for the last 3 years but I'm aware it's not guaranteed.......I won't be there for afternoon tea but should get back around 7pm so yes will report back!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:31 am

Arrived 6-20am this morning and whilst I've only been here one hour I feel treated like royalty......... I didn't do OLCI as I was happy to forfeit any upgrade for an available room ( a very early check in ) , not only was check in swift they offered me a choice of suites or an executive room on the top floor, I choose the later as I'm here on my own and it give somebody else the chance to enjoy the suite, it was my understanding the hotel was sold out so I'm very surprised yet impressed......... FD also said I was welcome to take breakfast in lounge too so here I am in the lounge having a coffee and some musli which is welcome after a 3 hour drive .
Lounge is very quiet, just myself and one other guy, the weather is great and I have a 10 mile walk ahead of me so I won't be here to report on afternoon tea but I will be back tonight around 7pm and will attend lounge.
No gym this morning for me but will have a sauna before I need to be in Greenwich for 10am.......will report back!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:36 am

King executive room ( on top floor )

Attached Images      
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Great to hear they are treating you well, enjoy your walk it will be a glorious day!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:07 am

Great to hear they are treating you well, enjoy your walk it will be a glorious day!
Hey thanks........ it's beautiful out there.

Before I left the lounge the new manager approached me, introduced himself and told me if I wanted anything that isn't on the buffet to tell him and they will get it for me, e.g.- pouched eggs etc.......nice touch!........ gym was quiet, 2 guys present, sauna empty and much hotter than it used to be.......this is like the old Hilton Canary Wharf I used to know.!.........will report back tonight!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Hey thanks........ it's beautiful out there.

Before I left the lounge the new manager approached me, introduced himself and told me if I wanted anything that isn't on the buffet to tell him and they will get it for me, e.g.- pouched eggs etc.......nice touch!........ gym was quiet, 2 guys present, sauna empty and much hotter than it used to be.......this is like the old Hilton Canary Wharf I used to know.!.........will report back tonight!
the new lounge manager introduced himself?? Last I heard the new manager was a woman. Did you catch his name?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:30 pm

the new lounge manager introduced himself?? Last I heard the new manager was a woman. Did you catch his name?
Unfortunately not, I could be mistaken but I thought he said " I'm the manager taking are of guests today " so I assumed so.

Returned to hotel around 8pm, quick bath and off to lounge......to be honest it's a bit disappointing, probably about 10 folk in here.

CANAPÉS - tomato and cheese pasta - meatballs and pasta - very poor cheeseboard - rocket salad -

BEERS - Ashanti and Heineken

WINE red white and prosseco

SPIRITS - rum, JD , chinzano , brandy and a great gin selection!

Very disappointing canapés tonight, not fussed as I had dinner in Greenwich but very disappointing regardless........... it's totally different here during the week to weekends, suits and blouse's .......canapés finish at 9pm.....booze at 10pm...will report R!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:47 pm

The gin selection is very good particularly for a lounge, I was impressed when I was there Bank Holiday Monday.

It was also two pastas that night as well, the veggie one was really nice although the amount of chillies in it was bordering on wicked.
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:10 am

........ slept well , I guess a 10 mile walk , several beers in Greenwich and the prosseco in the lounge helped, I wouldn't recommend choosing room 1423, it's literally the first room you come to around the corner from the lounge, nothing really bad but was woken buy what sounded like a toilet permanently flushing, it wasn't loud but slightly annoying , popped into lounge for a take away coffee 8am , very quiet ......went to gym for a run and sauna, couple of guys in there......sauna empty as normal.
I was late to breakfast today arriving @ 9-40am, it was extremely quiet, probably the quietest I've seen it, I had an omelette and these are very good here......I noticed the cereal selection has changed and there is now hardly any choice , however they now have some great juices served in little jugs ( think - Bankside ) ........ I finished with coffee in the lounge , I noticed they have copies of the times newspaper now , great for the crossword!.
I had a wander around the shopping centre before I checked out at noon...... I tried to check out in the lounge but assistant wasn't qualified to do this apparently and sent me downstairs.
I also had a chat with Ali the concierge......I've got know him quite well over the years and the guy is a book on information about the area.

CONCLUSION - it was a great stay, to get checked in and upgraded at 6-20 in the morning is fantastic and beyond the level of service one can expect, couple of niggles as the canapés in lounge was lame and my newspaper never appeared this morning .....oh and the slightly noisy room.
Service was very good and many times I was asked if everything was ok and am I enjoying my stay......I will happily return!

ROOM NO - 1423

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Newcastle Gateshead ( this coming Friday )
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
The gin selection is very good particularly for a lounge, I was impressed when I was there Bank Holiday Monday.

It was also two pastas that night as well, the veggie one was really nice although the amount of chillies in it was bordering on wicked.
Yep, I think there was two types last night too, I didn't really indulge as I had dinner in Greenwich...... I did try one but it was almost tasteless and also only tepid under those lamps.
I don't like gin but my lady is a big fan , I've just shown her a photo of the selection, apparently we back next week now ! ......haha....safe travels.
chrism20 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:23 pm

I'm here for one night today, room upgraded to executive king in advance. Arrived late afternoon, room ok, I can smell smoke in the bathroom though. Afternoon tea offerings in lounge: some stale looking sandwiches, large scones and some cakes.
Executive lounge at 6.30pm cheese board, lots of rabbit food, pork belly and broccoli and egg as warm option. The pavlovas as dessert were very nice though. Crowd; a mix of suits and blouses ( t-shirts as it's too warm in London) and families.
chrism20 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:49 pm

I'm here for one night today, room upgraded to executive king in advance. Arrived late afternoon, room ok, I can smell smoke in the bathroom though. Afternoon tea offerings in lounge: some stale looking sandwiches, large scones and some cakes.
Executive lounge at 6.30pm cheese board, lots of rabbit food, pork belly and broccoli and egg as warm option. The pavlovas as dessert were very nice though. Crowd; a mix of suits and blouses ( t-shirts as it's too warm in London) and families.
Ha, " rabbit food ", I always call it that too........sounds like a reasonable stay, it's a different hotel during the week but I guess what with the school holidays it would encourage families too.....interesting report!
chrism20 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Got to say I had an incredible one-night stay here on Wednesday night. Booked King Guest room and pre-upgraded to King Exec as seems to be the standard here for Gold and Diamond members (great thing!). Chose a room on OLCI.
Went to check in around 3pm and my room wasn't ready, I suggested I could just wait in the Exec Lounge until ready.

Nope! As it was a one night stay, they upgraded me to their best room - the Executive Suite (1407)! Beautiful, stunning suite. Great stay - seem to be staying here almost as much as Bankside lately due to rates / proximity to CW and it's definitely a nice hotel. Similar to Winniesbestfriend on the food being served - believe we had part of chicken breast as the meat option, then pasta in some sort of cheese sauce as the vegetarian option. Rabbit food otherwise, didn't try the dessert!
chrism20 and wizla like this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by ocprodigy
Got to say I had an incredible one-night stay here on Wednesday night. Booked King Guest room and pre-upgraded to King Exec as seems to be the standard here for Gold and Diamond members (great thing!). Chose a room on OLCI.
Went to check in around 3pm and my room wasn't ready, I suggested I could just wait in the Exec Lounge until ready.

Nope! As it was a one night stay, they upgraded me to their best room - the Executive Suite (1407)! Beautiful, stunning suite. Great stay - seem to be staying here almost as much as Bankside lately due to rates / proximity to CW and it's definitely a nice hotel. Similar to Winniesbestfriend on the food being served - believe we had part of chicken breast as the meat option, then pasta in some sort of cheese sauce as the vegetarian option. Rabbit food otherwise, didn't try the dessert!
I got upgraded to that room once a few years back, trouble was I was traveling with a mate and not my lady so went to abstain but they had another bed put in the "lounge " part , we tossed a coin as to had the superking bed in the main room.......I lost.
Super room though.......Maxandclaude2000 used to get upgraded to this room fairly regularly a while back.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:52 am

I'm here tomorrow night....two double guest rooms booked, both preupgraded to j.suites ....... very happy indeed!...will report back tomorrow!
chrism20 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.