Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by 2035
You won't need to pay for breakfast. I had 2 kids (3 and 13) in my room and there was no charge.
Good to know since I will be there in April with a 3 yr old and 6 yr old (Diamond also)
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:33 am

Anyone with experience to the Eight Degree restaurant?

More interested in the "Romantic Dining" part. Is it worth the heavy price tag?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by ponickka

We ate one dinner at Eight Degrees South about 2 years ago. The setting was very nice and the food was tasty; but, the prices were high. Our last night at the propety, we walked north to Bumbu Bali One for dinner. The food there was fantastic and more reasonably priced.

Is the romantic dining the private on-beach table? If so, keep in mind, the beach isn't great there and the restaurant already overlooks the beach.

I have a lengthy Trip Report in my signature if you're interested in more details/photos.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:26 am

Twin beds for a family of three?

Does anyone know whether a room with a Twin bed (without an extra bed) would work for a family of three? So would a child of age 8 and a slim adult fit on one of the Twin beds...?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by GoAround2
Does anyone know whether a room with a Twin bed (without an extra bed) would work for a family of three? So would a child of age 8 and a slim adult fit on one of the Twin beds...?
That is doable in my opinion. You should be fine
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by ponickka

No, not at all. Go to RIN. The Service there is excellent.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by apple1122
Hi,

Conrad Bali concierge told me there is a money changer and ATM machine on the hotel property. Has anyone used the service before? How is the exchange rate offered compare to outside money changer and airport? I heard outside money changers in Bali sometimes cheat when they give you money (take out some bills when you don't pay attention), can I assume the money changer on the hotel property is more honest?

Is the ATM machine in Conrad Bali save to withdraw money?

Thanks!
We didn't find the ATM on-site, but there are a couple not too far of a walk once you're outside the security gates. Go left and follow the sidewalk a ways. It's a pretty safe area, except for the motorbikes driving on the sidewalks

I remember there being a money changer on site but ATM worked fine for us, except for afternoon/evening before and Nyepi itself when everything was closed and silent.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by FindAWay
We ate one dinner at Eight Degrees South about 2 years ago. The setting was very nice and the food was tasty; but, the prices were high. Our last night at the propety, we walked north to Bumbu Bali One for dinner. The food there was fantastic and more reasonably priced.

Is the romantic dining the private on-beach table? If so, keep in mind, the beach isn't great there and the restaurant already overlooks the beach.

I have a lengthy Trip Report in my signature if you're interested in more details/photos.
I second Bumbu Bali. We got some spicy things that just made me sweat even more than my Bali baseline (which was pretty much constant) but they were delicious.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by User Name
Does anyone know when the construction is due to finish? I read some mentions of noise during the day.
Construction of private entrance for Conrad Suites and the Villas appeared to be completed when I was there 4 wks ago. I was at the Conrad Suite and there were no construction noise.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I'm guessing that with my 6 year old daughter I'm better off in a Resort Ocean Suite King than a Conrad Suite King.

Logic: 2x bathrooms, 2x balconies (incl. off bedroom so wife and I can use this while daughter sleeps in lounge) and also little point being in suites section as daughter can't enter the pool area.

Does this sound like a fair assessment?

Also as this is the optimum room type I probably should take steps to ensure that I don't get upgraded out of it. I will probably e-mail the property to request this. As a diamond I will ask for a high floor and hopefully they can grant that. (I will be booking using points but assuming that won't make a difference).

As an aside, are there any lower room types that would reliably get upgraded into the Resort Ocean Suite King?

Last edited by User Name; Mar 10, 2017 at 3:24 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:46 pm

User name: i will keep you updated as I will be there in early April.

I received an email two days ago from Conrad Bali, informing me of possible upgrade (with fees).

I booked the deluxe room via cash (lowest rate) and is entitled for 1 level room upgrade "UP TO RESORT OCEAN SUITE". Hopefully I get in on the Resort Ocean Suite since it is 90SQ, which is plenty of space for family of four (2 little one).
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Emirates Gold
Damn it, I was looking forward to staying here until I read the last 6 pages!

I don't really have the option to stay at any hotel other than the Hilton Bali, as I'll be using my points.

I have a 3 night reservation for next week at 38k points per night in a King Deluxe resort view. I feel like I'm wasting one night because of arriving at 1am, but I'd have that issue anywhere!

I'll be travelling by myself and was thinking they may have a nice spa (similar to other Conrads), but maybe that's not the case? I was also hoping for a bit of peace and quiet (also similar to other Conrads) but it seems that might be a problem, too! I probably wouldn't go to the beach there as I'd be happy to venture out and do some exploring, or relax by the poolside. I like a nice surrounding.

I know the airport transfer through the hotel is USD 22, but can anyone tell me what it would cost if getting a taxi from the airport?

I've had another look at the Hilton Bali and it looks alright if you like golf, but the rooms seem a bit basic. I'm sure I could find advantages and disadvantages for both and still feel like I can't make a conclusive decision.
The Conrad does seem to have a few Diamond perks based on an earlier post - cocktails, afternoon tea, lounge. Or are they just what's available throughout the day in the lounge? Is anyone aware of any Diamond perks in the Hilton Bali?

I've just checked availability for the Hilton Bali and there's a standard twin for 28k, but the cheapest king room is 46k.

Does anyone have any thoughts based on my situation, please?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by MrLee
Damn it, I was looking forward to staying here until I read the last 6 pages!

I don't really have the option to stay at any hotel other than the Hilton Bali, as I'll be using my points.

I have a 3 night reservation for next week at 38k points per night in a King Deluxe resort view. I feel like I'm wasting one night because of arriving at 1am, but I'd have that issue anywhere!

I'll be travelling by myself and was thinking they may have a nice spa (similar to other Conrads), but maybe that's not the case? I was also hoping for a bit of peace and quiet (also similar to other Conrads) but it seems that might be a problem, too! I probably wouldn't go to the beach there as I'd be happy to venture out and do some exploring, or relax by the poolside. I like a nice surrounding.

I know the airport transfer through the hotel is USD 22, but can anyone tell me what it would cost if getting a taxi from the airport?

I've had another look at the Hilton Bali and it looks alright if you like golf, but the rooms seem a bit basic. I'm sure I could find advantages and disadvantages for both and still feel like I can't make a conclusive decision.
The Conrad does seem to have a few Diamond perks based on an earlier post - cocktails, afternoon tea, lounge. Or are they just what's available throughout the day in the lounge? Is anyone aware of any Diamond perks in the Hilton Bali?

I've just checked availability for the Hilton Bali and there's a standard twin for 28k, but the cheapest king room is 46k.

Does anyone have any thoughts based on my situation, please?
We really enjoyed the Conrad Bali in Oktober but I wouldn't waste 38k points for the first night if you arrive at 1am. Why not sleep at the new HGI at Bali airport for the first night (for 5k points) and ask for an early check in at the Conrad the second day? This would also give you an extra stay credit (if you need that).
The club lounge experience at the Conrad is pretty nice and the Club pool is definitely relaxing and quiet. Haven't stayed at the Hilton yet, we might try it out in Oktober...
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
The Hilton Resort is decent. Somewhat worn, but I think they usually give Diamonds an ocean view room with huge patio. The evening lounge is nice. Not as fancy as Conrad, but should be cheaper.

The Conrad seems to have much more of an attitude of not upgrading Gold and Diamond members.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by Delectatio
We really enjoyed the Conrad Bali in Oktober but I wouldn't waste 38k points for the first night if you arrive at 1am. Why not sleep at the new HGI at Bali airport for the first night (for 5k points) and ask for an early check in at the Conrad the second day? This would also give you an extra stay credit (if you need that).
The club lounge experience at the Conrad is pretty nice and the Club pool is definitely relaxing and quiet. Haven't stayed at the Hilton yet, we might try it out in Oktober...
Thank you, I've done as you suggested and booked a night at the HGI for when I arrive. By doing that, though, I feel like I have no option but to stay at the Hilton Bali. If I was to book 2 nights at the Conrad it's now working out at 55k points.

Is one hotel better than the other for location, in terms of me just being able to step out of the resort and go for a wander to find something to eat and do? Or will I need to get taxi's with whichever one I stay?
They both look fairly close to each other, so I'm not sure if there's any advantage to be had there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.