Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Maybe it is time to change the benefits. Paying guests take precedence. No one promised those lifetime diamonds a view.
It's an option of course, but it does dilute the brand and program overall. LT Diamonds have paid plenty over the years, and this status is supposed to be an award for that very long loyalty, and loyalty goes both ways, If the number of people striving for DIA status goes down due to lowering benefits, that might have a material impact on revenues. It doesn't increase the number of people paying for Executive Rooms.. DIAs have been never guaranteed to get an Exec Room if others had paid for them, but it did provide the knowledge that best efforts were made to accommodate them regardless.

Last edited by teemuflyer; Mar 20, 2018 at 11:05 am
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:19 am

Time to put your money where your mouth is and head over to the JW Marriott. Hilton's loyalty programme is a huge flop. Only saving grace is their sweet spots in Malaysia with rooms going for 10k points a night.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I pay for exec rooms and suites so in theory this is good news.

Unfortunately, I bet the Hotel will continue to sell access to the "premium" lounge - pissing off both me and those with status.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
I stay there next week, booked a regular King, the diamond benefits on the app clearly state 31st floor lounge access. Curious what will be...will update after check in
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:53 am

Pretty disappointed with this change, too. No notice from the hotel, have all non-refundable bookings unfortunately. Have asked to cancel at least one of them, regardless, and see what they come back with.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:52 pm

Staying there in June - booked for five nights, using 2 free-night certificates, plus paid stays. All stays are showing up as separate bookings. I am a Gold.
If I book the first night using cash, and go for the Executive King, what do you think the chances are for the remaining nights (which I think are standard rooms) to also be upgraded ? Or what are the chances that I will have to move rooms on various nights ?
Staying in ADL Hilton previously a month ago - similar situation - had multiple stays booked, due to having to extend the work trip by a day, and then another day. Worked out cheaper if I just made two additional one-night bookings, rather than extending the original stay. They ended up upgrading me to a suite, and let me stay in it for the entire stay.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by plutekplutek
Staying there in June - booked for five nights, using 2 free-night certificates, plus paid stays. All stays are showing up as separate bookings. I am a Gold.
If I book the first night using cash, and go for the Executive King, what do you think the chances are for the remaining nights (which I think are standard rooms) to also be upgraded ? Or what are the chances that I will have to move rooms on various nights ?
Staying in ADL Hilton previously a month ago - similar situation - had multiple stays booked, due to having to extend the work trip by a day, and then another day. Worked out cheaper if I just made two additional one-night bookings, rather than extending the original stay. They ended up upgrading me to a suite, and let me stay in it for the entire stay.
Conrad Centennial (& Hilton Singapore) are not known to give multi-level upgrades readily.
In fact, as a Diamond, I do not always get an Exec room either.
You may get lucky but I will not bet on it.
Part of the reason is that both Conrad and Hilton have high occupancy rates.
For reference, As a Diamond, I had a 2 nights paid stay at the Hilton SG booked into the suite.
I subsequently added 1 night to the start of the stay and during check-in late in the evening, FD wants to sell me an upgrade for the 1st night else I will have to take the Exec room for night 1 and then move to the Suite for night 2 and night 3.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by PayItForward
Conrad Centennial (& Hilton Singapore) are not known to give multi-level upgrades readily.
In fact, as a Diamond, I do not always get an Exec room either.
You may get lucky but I will not bet on it.
Part of the reason is that both Conrad and Hilton have high occupancy rates.
For reference, As a Diamond, I had a 2 nights paid stay at the Hilton SG booked into the suite.
I subsequently added 1 night to the start of the stay and during check-in late in the evening, FD wants to sell me an upgrade for the 1st night else I will have to take the Exec room for night 1 and then move to the Suite for night 2 and night 3.
I guess I’ll need to see what happens during check in. What sort of $$$ was it to upgrade?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:56 pm

Can somebody share some informations about the difference in the room types? I'm currently planning a stay of three nights and not quite sure what to book. All room descriptions and pictures are (nearly) identical. The price difference is just 20S$/Night between Deluxe and Grand Deluxe and 20S$/Night between Grand Deluxe and Premium (+40$/Night to Deluxe). I'm a Diamond

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Sayer
Can somebody share some informations about the difference in the room types? I'm currently planning a stay of three nights and not quite sure what to book. All room descriptions and pictures are (nearly) identical. The price difference is just 20S$/Night between Deluxe and Grand Deluxe and 20S$/Night between Grand Deluxe and Premium (+40$/Night to Deluxe). I'm a Diamond

Thanks!
in terms of rooms they are identical, most probably just different level. If you’re a diamond and not fussy about the upgrades you’ll be getting, just book a base room since you will already have lounge access.

But it seems like even the lounge access thing is being split to level 31 and level 4.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by plutekplutek
I guess I’ll need to see what happens during check in. What sort of $$$ was it to upgrade?
For the Hilton stay?
I did not ask / follow through as I was not interested in paying for the upgrade
Out of principle, I rather do a room switch which actually causes everyone inconvenience
As a Diamond checking in late in the evening and has two additional paid nights booked in the suite, they should have just upgraded me in accordance to the program and not try to up-sell.
I was certainly not happy how it went down
It is fine if the suite was unavailable but another thing to try and sell the upgrade
Best part, I was called pretty early the next day to say my suite was ready and I can change room anytime.
Their policy makes no sense at all.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Sayer

Thanks!
Deluxe (Classic) : Lower Floors
Grand Deluxe : Higher Floors (13th - 17th Floors)
Premium (Business) : Included - Breakfast / 20% Discounts at F&B outlets / Daily SGD 20 Laundry credits / 1 hour meeting room
Executive : Included - Breakfast / up to 3 items pressing / 2 hours meeting room / Lounge access (afternoon tea and evening drinks with appetizers) / Premium Wifi
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:21 am

Ok thanks so I will go with the normal Deluxe room as our company rate already includes all Premium benefits and will se what kind of upgrade they will offer to me on arrival.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX DM, HHonors DM, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium
Spoken with the lounge staff last week, and was told the below:
In the future there will be 2 lounges - 1 on 31/F and one on 4/F (4/F to be refurbished soon after the lounge on 31/F is ready)
However:
-31/F Lounge will rather be a "club" concept- only those who paid/booked into Executive Room or above (suites) will get access
-4/F Lounge will be for HH DM/GO etc as well as those who are "upgraded" to executive rooms etc (not entirely sure of the latter part though)
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by geraldchan05
Spoken with the lounge staff last week, and was told the below:
In the future there will be 2 lounges - 1 on 31/F and one on 4/F (4/F to be refurbished soon after the lounge on 31/F is ready)
However:
-31/F Lounge will rather be a "club" concept- only those who paid/booked into Executive Room or above (suites) will get access
-4/F Lounge will be for HH DM/GO etc as well as those who are "upgraded" to executive rooms etc (not entirely sure of the latter part though)
This is completely against Hilton Honors policies for Conrads, especially for HH Diamonds. If they want to provide a lounge for Golds, awesome, but the program rules are specific. I suppose they could try to reflag as a WA, but I don't think they are the right fit for that brand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.