Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Stayed at the Conrad Centennial Singapore for the first time the other day. We booked a twin executive room, hotel was fully booked and got upgraded to the Centennial Suite on the 16th floor. Temporary EL still on the 4th floor. They had Shaghai Tang bath amenities, just like the ones we got yesterday at Conrad Hong Kong.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:47 pm

I think they did a decent job with the renovation. I had hoped there would be an added touch of luxury feel like Tokyo's or Osaka's - but this Conrad is still a level below those two.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Just got here at 8:45am from our flight. They gave us our room. I love these people. 18 hour flight from LAX on United, really needed a shower.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
A couple of things...
Room re-design: the new 16 foot long couch thing really has no back, so you cannot lean back. Not comfortable at all. Also, the desk and desk chair are gone, so no chair there with back support. I could have sworn that there used to be an easy chair with footstool. Gone. Finally, the new chair with the round table has a back, but it cuts across the middle of your back, so it too is uncomfortable. Long story short, no place to seat and read or relax. It is as tho some designer drew the room furniture, it was built, and installed, but nobody ever sat on it beforehand. Designers should always have a 60 year old, overweight guy sit on the furniture before it is bought.

Lounge: here two nights. Showed up an hour after the evening lounge drinks started and place was full. They suggested that we wait. We left. That was Saturday night.

sunday night we again show up to find it full, but this time they send us up to the lobby bar. We are given an "executive lounge" menu with drinks and food. Excellent personal service, drinks, and food! The food included satay's, wings, spring rolls, and such. Fresh and large portions. i did not see a menu with prices but I have to believe that three drinks and three app's would have been over 100sgd. Did not have to sign anything, but left a cash tip.

Later, called down for a 1pm checkout. No problem.

so, rooms are more "stylish", but this is more than made up for by the service.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by pretzlaff
A couple of things...
Room re-design: the new 16 foot long couch thing really has no back, so you cannot lean back. Not comfortable at all. Also, the desk and desk chair are gone, so no chair there with back support. I could have sworn that there used to be an easy chair with footstool. Gone. Finally, the new chair with the round table has a back, but it cuts across the middle of your back, so it too is uncomfortable. Long story short, no place to seat and read or relax. It is as tho some designer drew the room furniture, it was built, and installed, but nobody ever sat on it beforehand. Designers should always have a 60 year old, overweight guy sit on the furniture before it is bought.

Lounge: here two nights. Showed up an hour after the evening lounge drinks started and place was full. They suggested that we wait. We left. That was Saturday night.

sunday night we again show up to find it full, but this time they send us up to the lobby bar. We are given an "executive lounge" menu with drinks and food. Excellent personal service, drinks, and food! The food included satay's, wings, spring rolls, and such. Fresh and large portions. i did not see a menu with prices but I have to believe that three drinks and three app's would have been over 100sgd. Did not have to sign anything, but left a cash tip.

Later, called down for a 1pm checkout. No problem.

so, rooms are more "stylish", but this is more than made up for by the service.
1. I had a desk with chair
2. Was able to use cushions to make the sofa-thingy and other chair comfy.
3, Cool news about the provisions when EL full!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 5:05 pm

About the desk, we are on floor 26. It is not a suite or corner room. I do not know if this is an executive level floor or not. I will try to remember to ask which rooms have desks.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by pretzlaff
About the desk, we are on floor 26. It is not a suite or corner room. I do not know if this is an executive level floor or not. I will try to remember to ask which rooms have desks.
Fair enough. I did have a suite last week. (room 1401)
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:38 am

I've stayed at a couple other Conrads and really liked them. I am considering this one for a trip to Singapore with my mom. It sounds like the location is walkable to most sites (most interested in museums, gardens, parks). Any other thoughts for a first-time visitor to Singapore?

I don't have Hilton status so am considering booking an executive-level room to get access to the lounge. How is the food there? The one in Tokyo was quite good but am not sure if I can expect the same here.

I do have Marriott Gold, but the JW and Marriott don't seem as nice from what I've read. But if anyone has comparisons between this hotel and those two, would be interested in hearing them.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:58 pm

Tokyo is quite possibly the best conrad in the world. Singapore is more of your standard Conrad leve. There is little to complain about but not much wow factor unless you haven't been to an Asian buffet breakfast before (and without status you'll have to pay anyway).

i think one person above stayed at the Marriot so maybe have a read back a bit and see if you can find that report. Both have an excellent location for walking and ease of public transport acces.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by windhund
I've stayed at a couple other Conrads and really liked them. I am considering this one for a trip to Singapore with my mom. It sounds like the location is walkable to most sites (most interested in museums, gardens, parks). Any other thoughts for a first-time visitor to Singapore?

I don't have Hilton status so am considering booking an executive-level room to get access to the lounge. How is the food there? The one in Tokyo was quite good but am not sure if I can expect the same here.

I do have Marriott Gold, but the JW and Marriott don't seem as nice from what I've read. But if anyone has comparisons between this hotel and those two, would be interested in hearing them.
Never stayed at the JW yet but have experience at
Hilton Honors
- Conrad
- Hilton

SPG/Marriott
- Marriott Tangs (Orchard)
- Sheraton Towers
- Westin
- St Regis
- Four Points

If comparison is between Conrad and Marriott Tangs,
Marriott: Nearer to Orchard - Lots of boutiques / flagships stores as well as "bargain" shops all within walking distance. There are the Takashimaya, Ion Orchard, CK Tang etc. And depending of time of year, this area can be very lively and well decorated. Tons of restaurants and eateries. There are food courts nearby too besides high end restaurants and cafes. MRT station is practically connected and it is possible to move around under shelter for a fair bit. The executive lounge is large but the Marriott Cafe is renowned for big spreads. I am however not too impressed by the staff service attitude and standards though. Price is typically higher than Conrad most of the time.

Conrad: Service is way better than the Marriott and the Executive Lounge staff are tip-top. If you get to choose between lounge and Oscar for breakfast, take Oscar. Offerings are much better. If you have to pay then the lounge spread suffice. Do note that the main lounge is still under renovation till 2nd quarter (I think) and the converted lounge is currently using the previous Level 4 pool restaurant. Conrad is near Suntec City, Marina Square, Millennium Walk. Trek a little further you can hit Marina Bay Sands or Raffles City (different directions) Nearest station is neat Suntec City. While it is possible to walk under shelter (in case of rain) to Suntec City / Marina Square / Millenium Walk, not everyone will be familiar as it involves underground car parks. Above ground, everything is within sight but part of the walk is in the open.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by PayItForward
... Conrad: ... Nearest station is neat Suntec City. ....
Actually, I think the Promenade MRT is somewhat closer to the Conrad.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
Actually, I think the Promenade MRT is somewhat closer to the Conrad.
That is the station I meant.
Station has a few different exits.
Exit A - Access to Raffles Boulevard
Exit B - Access to Centennial Tower
Exit C - Access to Temasek Avenue (Suntec City)

Promenade MRT Station | Land Transport Guru
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:35 am

Thanks, Cynicor and PayItForward! Does the lounge in the Conrad have some food around lunch and in the evenings as well? Not expecting a full meal of course but some light food is nice for a break from sightseeing. I remember the food in the Tokyo lounge being quite nice, but that's been my only experience with a lounge at a Conrad.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:22 pm

The lounge has afternoon tea and evening canapés.

while both are sufficient to have a full meal there, you'd be crazy if you weren't full from eating out at hawker centres and trying the local foods if you haven't been to Singapore before!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Mrs PtF and I are currently staying here. In the first three hours after check-in this afternoon we have visited not one but TWO Executive Lounges! Having visited the 4th floor lounge after check-in for some afternoon tea we stumbled across a temporary lounge set up in room/suite 3001 as we were heading out for dinner (fish head curry) this evening - so it seemed silly to waste the opportunity and not have pre-dinner gin and tonics with a view!

We wouldn’t have known about the extra lounge if we hadn’t been staying on the 30th floor ourselves, nobody mentioned it’s existence to us. Unfortunately today is apparently the last day for this lounge - the explanation we received was that it was set up as a temporary overflow lounge for the Singapore Air Show.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.