Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA, SW, VA, Marriott, IHG, HH
With the new lounge thingy, does that mean a DIA member who booked a basic room will not get access to either lounge?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by budumpst
With the new lounge thingy, does that mean a DIA member who booked a basic room will not get access to either lounge?
Huh? Diamonds always get lounge access. The whole point of what this property has done is that Diamond access is now limited to the 4th floor lounge unless they book an Executive room.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Huh? Diamonds always get lounge access. The whole point of what this property has done is that Diamond access is now limited to the 4th floor lounge unless they book an Executive room.
That's why I was confused
What if basic room is booked, and then an upgrade to executive room happens?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by budumpst
That's why I was confused
What if basic room is booked, and then an upgrade to executive room happens?
Still only access to the 4th floor lounge, even as a DIA, according to all the reports here so far.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Still only access to the 4th floor lounge, even as a DIA, according to all the reports here so far.
Thanks for the clarification
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:28 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
So...if I am Diamond I need to book an Executive Room to get the same lounge on 31 that I've had for the last 5+ years on any booking.

So basically I pay for what I want - and effectively secure no upgrade as a Diamond. I get the same access that anyone without status would secure - Exec lounge access on 31 for the cost of an Exec room. But if I pay only for a 'regular room' I get access to an inferior lounge on 4 which is a downgrade from 31 and what I've secured for the last 5+ years.

Do I have this right? If so - wow.

Sounds like I should look around at other Executive Lounge offerings from other properties in Singapore, since I'm not getting all that much out of Diamond - if I consider 31 the lounge of choice
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:36 am

Correct. That's why most of us have been complaining for the last few pages!
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by nyc6035
So...if I am Diamond I need to book an Executive Room to get the same lounge on 31 that I've had for the last 5+ years on any booking.

So basically I pay for what I want - and effectively secure no upgrade as a Diamond. I get the same access that anyone without status would secure - Exec lounge access on 31 for the cost of an Exec room. But if I pay only for a 'regular room' I get access to an inferior lounge on 4 which is a downgrade from 31 and what I've secured for the last 5+ years.

Sounds like I should look around at other Executive Lounge offerings from other properties in Singapore, since I'm not getting all that much out of Diamond - if I consider 31 the lounge of choice
Certainly a downgrade, that is what all the fuss is about.

But "no upgrade" depends on what they offer you from a booked Executive Room - possibly a suite.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
That is correct. The best way to show your dissatisfaction is to take your business elsewhere, as I am doing. As a Diamond, I’m not going to be banished to a second class lounge with a view of the pool.

Originally Posted by nyc6035

Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by sbams

But "no upgrade" depends on what they offer you from a booked Executive Room - possibly a suite.
This property is very miserly with upgrades, limits to 1 category room upgrade and does not upgrade to suites. And more miserly with lounge access, it's top tier VIP's must pay for access to the top floor Executive Lounge.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:14 pm

To be fair, that's not true. They do upgrade to suites but they don't have many.

Originally Posted by Chang11
This property is very miserly with upgrades, limits to 1 category room upgrade and does not upgrade to suites. And more miserly with lounge access, it's top tier VIP's must pay for access to the top floor Executive Lounge.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:20 am
cjd

It's a while since we've been but last year, after asking politely, we were upgraded to a Centennial Suite. Previous to that we had also been upgraded to a suite on one of our visits. Don't know whether that still happens following the refurbishment.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by Cynicor
To be fair, that's not true. They do upgrade to suites but they don't have many.

Based on my experience "To be fair" your statement is not true. Someone eventually wins the top lottery prize too. If they do must be some rogue clerk.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Data point from last month- no upgd(none in abt 20 stays) but access to the 31st floor as 4th floor was renovating? Also mentioned was given access to the 31st floor as a regular to try out the changes, lot less busier and had local draft beer along with the usual food and drink service.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:17 pm

Based on my experience "To be fair" your statement is not true. Someone eventually wins the top lottery prize too. If they do must be some rogue clerk.
What an idiotic statement. It's obvious they do upgrade to suites, you've just never managed to get one. Unless you can show some sort of policy, there are multiple people on this thread, including me, who have received suite upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.