Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Chicago, Illinois, USA {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Chicago, Illinois, USA {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 8:37 am

Taking my dad to a Cub's game for father's day. Looking to stay somewhere high end, close to a red line stop, with good dinner and bar options around. We will be there for a Saturday afternoon/evening, and then Sunday morning before the game. TBH, I'd stay at the Hotel Zachary, but it is sold out for the Saturday night we will be in town.

As of now, I have a booking at LondonHouse. The WA is over $300 (50%+) more for a single night in a similar room, so that is out of the question. Any other recommendations? I'm not tied to downtown at all, but the LondonHouse reviews have swayed me. I just don't want the area to be dead on a Saturday afternoon. Debating the Marriott option of The Robey to get farther north and a little more bustling on the weekend.

EDIT: Flying into ORD and planning either to take a Lyft or the train to the hotel, if that makes a difference.
Old May 8, 2024, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by shimps1
Taking my dad to a Cub's game for father's day. Looking to stay somewhere high end, close to a red line stop, with good dinner and bar options around. We will be there for a Saturday afternoon/evening, and then Sunday morning before the game. TBH, I'd stay at the Hotel Zachary, but it is sold out for the Saturday night we will be in town.

As of now, I have a booking at LondonHouse. The WA is over $300 (50%+) more for a single night in a similar room, so that is out of the question. Any other recommendations? I'm not tied to downtown at all, but the LondonHouse reviews have swayed me. I just don't want the area to be dead on a Saturday afternoon. Debating the Marriott option of The Robey to get farther north and a little more bustling on the weekend.

EDIT: Flying into ORD and planning either to take a Lyft or the train to the hotel, if that makes a difference.
I apologize for being somewhat geographically challenged.....I also take Uber/Lyft and usually arrive and depart from Union Station on Canal so I'm not familiar with O'Hare and the different neighborhoods.
Are you just staying 1 night and leaving Sunday morning?

I've always liked THE DRAKE or THE PALMER HOUSE, and I think both may be a little cheaper than LondonHouse if that makes a difference.
Do you have the Amex Platinum and the ability to use FHR/The Hotel Collection?

Check those rates too. It looked like some were cheaper than booking direct, Good Luck.
Old May 8, 2024, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
I apologize for being somewhat geographically challenged.....I also take Uber/Lyft and usually arrive and depart from Union Station on Canal so I'm not familiar with O'Hare and the different neighborhoods.
Are you just staying 1 night and leaving Sunday morning?

I've always liked THE DRAKE or THE PALMER HOUSE, and I think both may be a little cheaper than LondonHouse if that makes a difference.
Do you have the Amex Platinum and the ability to use FHR/The Hotel Collection?

Check those rates too. It looked like some were cheaper than booking direct, Good Luck.
O'Hare is about 20 miles outside of town, but there is a blue line L that goes right downtown, so it's either that, or an Uber/Lyft. TBD, not really a deciding factor. Bigger issue is making sure the hotel is close to a red line stop to get to Wrigley for the game.

Correct, just one night, a Saturday.

Unfortunately I do not have access to Amex Plat benefits. Since I'm paying cash, I'd like to book direct with the hotel to make sure I earn points on the booking.

I looked at both The Drake and Palmer House, but LondonHouse looked a bit more happening. Are the locations for either of those better than LondonHouse? The other hotel I was considering was The Gwen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.