Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa {EGY}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:15 am

Just came back after a two-night stay at Hilton Luxor with my family. Based on the hype I was expecting a bit more. Quality of rooms was good and there was no smell of smoke in our non-smoking room. Breakfast was good, as was dinner in the Olives restaurant on the property. Given the distance to the city center, it made sense for us to just eat at the hotel rather than deal with getting a cab to the center and back.

Checkout experience was dismal though. Somehow there was a bar charge to the room from one of the drinking establishments on-site. It wasn't ours. I pointed it out, and the staff then spent 25 minutes trying to find the receipt, with literally three reception staff members digging through piles of receipts behind the counter to find the one. Totally unacceptable IMO to waste that much of my time. Meanwhile, I'm getting nervous about missing our flight to Cairo, but not wanting to just accept to pay a rather substantial charge that was not ours. I finally had enough and the reception staff member agreed to remove the charge, but I wouldn't recommend the place after that incident. The hotel manager (or someone with a manager title on her badge) was right there assisting other guests, and she should have noticed I was standing there for so long and done something about it, but she never bothered.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by daruda
Any recent diamond experiences?
Was informed that only 1 level category room upgrades are provided, rather strange.
just check in , only one category upgrade to Nile view standard and emphasize this is a free of charge...no other diamond perks except transport, I think there is no complimentary evening cocktail.

comparing to my other Marriott stays in Egypt both were greeted by manager and received email greeting before checkin and suite upgrade, my Hilton diamond experience isn’t impressed at all.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Vince Chan
just check in , only one category upgrade to Nile view standard and emphasize this is a free of charge...

..no other diamond perks except transport

Transport?

Do they offer complimentary airport transfers ?
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
As a gold member, do you receive free breakfast at this hotel? Trying to decide if I should book non-breakfast rate and save some $$ or book rate that has breakfast included..
TIA.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by desikid
As a gold member, do you receive free breakfast at this hotel? Trying to decide if I should book non-breakfast rate and save some $$ or book rate that has breakfast included..
TIA.
Yes, you get breakfast as a Gold. A nice spread too, IMO.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Transport?

Yes, pick service from airport, but most people travel from ASWAN so that doesn't help.

I would not recommend this hotel , I think it's ok but it's just your average Asia quality Hilton but no that good. I especially doesn't like its male front desk staff, emphasis that the one category upgrade is " free of charge", but I am entitled for it right? why you empaziz on this like you are doing me a favor or treat me like royalty? And require late check out is another difficult thing that they ask you to come to the font desk the day you departure instead of noticing you, and they does not want give me a 2 pm late check out at first FYI.

The 2 best hotels I've been to in Egypt is two Marriott in Cairo.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Transport?

They have a shuttle from/to airport, and it's free only to status holders; for anyone else is $12 each way.

I just had a 4 night stay with a late arrival and early departure, and I am quite satisfied for what I got at the price I paid.

Since I'm now Diamond, and my husband has to renew his Gold, we booked separately 2 standard rooms for us and our 2 kids, and we got two interconnecting room with partial view on the Nile. The arrival has been a bit bumpy because from the e-mail exchange we were expecting a car and a guy with a sign - surname or Hilton sign - at LXR arrivals, but the guy waiting for guests had a sign with some sort of tour group and the shuttle was parked far enough to be out of sight. A phone call later the misunderstanding was solved. Check in was swift enough, everyone was very polite, and the room was adequate. Breakfast was adequate too, nothing exceptional, but hey... it's not South East Asia

The hotel interior and room furniture are in need of renovation, but everything works fine. At the moment there are construction works in progress, so you can have some noise by the pool during the day. The view from the pool area is spectacular in my opinion, with the Nile and the mountains on the other side. The sunset time was awesome, there was a lot of people taking picture of the sun going down and the twilight colors right after. Amazing.

Pool service has been great, with the pool assistant moving the umbrellas without the need for us to ask or do anything in order too be sure we were in the shade. The pool bar/restaurant is also good for quick lunch by the pool, and all in all not even too much pricey.

For dinner we went twice to the Olive for the fish grill and once to the Silk Road. The first was very nice, the other not that great, but the service was very polite and attentive for both. Prices were a bit on the expensive side for my taste, but if you don't want to go out you don't have many alternatives.

The concierge service was nice too. The only thing they "messed up" was the delivery date of a birthday cake for my husband, but we had a cake nonetheless. And for the early departure they prepared breakfast bags, very handy when you have kids in tow!

I would certainly return there, and also recommend it to friends, because the location is very convenient for the airport, Karnak temple and other archaeological sites.
flyersky1 and EqualOpp like this.

Last edited by Lefly; Nov 6, 2019 at 12:15 am
Old Jan 9, 2021, 7:47 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
I booked four rooms there and all were upgraded to Nile view. It may only be one category upgrade, but they did it for my entire party.
Everyone enjoyed their stay there; friendly staff.

I would definitely stay again.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by itsallgood
I booked four rooms there and all were upgraded to Nile view. It may only be one category upgrade, but they did it for my entire party.
Everyone enjoyed their stay there; friendly staff.

I would definitely stay again.
I'm glad to hear this hotel survived 2020 and is still there. Such a nice property and location.

How was the Luxor area in general doing? Has much tourism traffic somewhat returned?
Old May 4, 2021, 5:34 am

Stayed four nights during Christmas, three on points, one paid. The point night are 30k for two connected room, since we are four adults. However, they gave us two unconnected rooms, each of which should cost 20k. As a diamond, I was upgraded to presidential suites for the first night, since others were fully booked. It seems they have a great policy of upgrading diamond to highest available rooms. Great place, will definitely stay again.
ankomonkey and EqualOpp like this.
Old May 27, 2021, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by hermitw
Stayed four nights during Christmas, three on points, one paid. The point night are 30k for two connected room, since we are four adults. However, they gave us two unconnected rooms, each of which should cost 20k. As a diamond, I was upgraded to presidential suites for the first night, since others were fully booked. It seems they have a great policy of upgrading diamond to highest available rooms. Great place, will definitely stay again.
Wow! That’s awesome. From what I was reading it seemed like they were only upgrading to Nile view rooms.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by blackzarg
Wow! That’s awesome. From what I was reading it seemed like they were only upgrading to Nile view rooms.
What you had thought to be the policy aligns perfectly with my experience.

I'm not sure how
"upgraded to presidential suites for the first night, since others were fully booked" leads to
"
It seems they have a great policy of upgrading diamond to highest available rooms".
Old Feb 25, 2022, 10:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

any recent stays?

it is transport to/from the airport still complimentary for HHD?

Thanks,
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why they offer connected 2 rooms as standard reward at 30K? Seems very wasted when only 2 persons staying.
The Family 02 rooms cash rate is higher than most single room categories, yet those point costs are more than twice of the standard room point cost.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 2, 2022 at 10:09 am
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:36 am

Maybe stupid question.
I booked a reward stay of 5 nights during newyear.

All rates of 31/12 say: gala dinner included in room rate.
Is this also included for reward nights? If not how will they calculate amount to be paid extra?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.