Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Birmingham Metropole {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Birmingham Metropole {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2001, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, UAL 1K, AA Exec Plat, Starwood Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Arrow Hilton Birmingham Metropole {GBR}

My wife is a diamond and just returned from the best treatment she's ever had as a Diamond member. The Birmingham Metropole (England) gave her a suite on one stay with a stainless steel flask as a gift, along with a full box of Bendix Luxury chocolates. She came back in the same week and received a clock as an amenity on this occasion. She went down to tell the manager, this was the best treatment she's ever had. She told her she stays at the London properties quite often and the treatment is ok but nothing like this. The manager asked if it was okay to quote her. My wife said no problem.
Old Apr 15, 2001, 9:31 pm

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
First off, welcome to the boards. Please ensure your office chair is in an upright position, and your paperwork filed away. You will now enter a world of sensory depravation. You will feel the urge to go somewhere exotic and 10000 miles away, and then come back on the same plane. You will fly to mexico because of a free night accomodation. You will travel 70 miles out of your way to stay at a hotel you have status with.

With regards to your post.... WHAT....

I am there all the time, sure I get a suite almosty all the time, but gifts...... OH BURKE... I wanna gift. I wanna gift..... I am Diamond as well, 22 stays 47 nights this year so far. HH#

Temper tamtrum over.

Enjoy the boards

Jon G.

Jetlag is a state of mind, not a town near Coventry

[This message has been edited by jongar (edited 04-19-2001).]
Old Apr 15, 2001, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
jon, you may mant to take your hhonors number of this public post... while the vast majority of people who see it won't do a thing with it... it could tempt someone with mischief on his/her mind.

while we like to think our accounts are secure, certainly the first step to misuse is knowledge of someone elses' account number.

[This message has been edited by UK Stages (edited 04-15-2001).]
Old May 8, 2001, 11:25 am
Gus

Hilton Birmingham Metropole

Does anyone know if the above hotel has an executive level floor?
Old May 8, 2001, 12:43 pm
Brandi at WebFlyer

In fact the Birmingham Metropole does not have an Executive Floor.

Old May 8, 2001, 3:21 pm
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Try searching for this hotel in the Hilton forum - I seem to remember some excellent comments recently on diamond benefits
Old May 9, 2001, 11:27 am
Gus

Thanks for the info and tips guys.
Old May 10, 2001, 1:22 am

The Birmingham Metropole Hilton does not have an Executive Floor. But it does have 'Crown' Rooms - although I have never really understood the difference.

This hotel used to be part of Stakis and in my opinion that really shows - the service is excellent!

As a Diamond they automatically upgrade me to a Junior Suite or a Studio Suite, place flowers a small teddy-bear and a pen & pencil set in your room. Also Room Service call you room at about 9.30pm and ask if you would like complimentary Champagne or wine.

The other hilton International properties could learn alot from this hotel - in fact they Hilton International General Managers meeting started there on Monday night, so hopefully they will learn something.

Nick
Old May 10, 2001, 11:15 am
Gus

Merry,
Thanks for the info, any idea what goodies you get for Gold?
Old May 11, 2001, 6:43 am

No ideas on the benefits for Golds.

I actually stayed at this hotel last night, as usual I got an upgrade to a studio suite (in the Crown Room area); a bottle of red wine; flowers; small teddy bear; small box of chocolates and pen/letter opener set.

About fifteen minutes after checking in, I called Room Service for a bottle of Champagne (I can't drink it, but the person I was meeting drinks the stuff) and was very politely told "We would like to offer that with our compliments Mr Merry, would you like some chocolates as well?".

Not bad for GBP 120!

Nick
Old May 12, 2001, 12:59 am
Gus

Merry, Sounds like you had a great stay, brilliant
Old Jul 10, 2003, 10:50 am

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Birmingham Metropole, UK?

Any comments .. especially about the single rooms? Web reservations only comes up with singles or twins at this property?

Old Jul 11, 2003, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Availability goes right down and prices go right up when there are events at the nearby NEC - and vice versa.

Showtime, there are usually no discounts and you have to pay the regular rate for rooms which are generally small (for me, anyway) and lacking in the extras you would normally expect. But then, it's only been a Hilton for a short time, having been a Stakis (that should be a clue as to room quality) and Metropole before.

I have also had £45 b&b rates which produced points and miles, clearly when there was no show on.

The car park is usually full, and you may need to park in an NEC car park. It is a l-o-n-g walk to Birmingham International railway station.

No Executive Lounge. Elite members don't get a 'free' breakfast unless they make a considerable fuss. I had to have them call HHonors Glasgow to find out about the breakfast deal.

In my opinion, restaurants and bars are expensive and not that great in quality. Without a car, you may have to spend £20 on a cab fare to anywhere decent.

Enjoy your stay!
Old Jul 11, 2003, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
About singles/doubles: my experience is that they are the same size - i.e. I always had a room with one double bed or two single beds - but I've not slept in them all!
Old Jul 11, 2003, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Thanks ..

Stakis reminds me of Newbury North (a rundown hotel on the M4). Seems the Birmingham Hilton can only be bothered to load a few rates .. but at least they are not loading the PR23xx ones unlike the Coventry Hilton .. cheap but crap with no points or stay credit yet sold via www.hilton.com.

Editted to put rundown in context of an ex Stakis Hotel 100m away from the M4 ;-)

[This message has been edited by TonySymons (edited 07-12-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.