Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2005, 5:16 am

Programs: Hilton (Gold), Starwood
We're thinking of going to Destin mid April 2006. The rate was $299 per night. Holy smokes!!! We're much better off in a 2 bedroom condo for less than that per night. Ugh.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 6:50 pm

Hilton SanDestin after Dennis

Hi Folks;

Supposed to stay for 6 nts in less than 2 weeks. Anyone have news on the state of the property/surrounding area?

Thanks-
Old Jul 12, 2005, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Vino
Hi Folks;

Supposed to stay for 6 nts in less than 2 weeks. Anyone have news on the state of the property/surrounding area?

Thanks-
Webpage for the property states that, "Due to Hurricane Dennis, this hotel will be closed until further notice." I'd give them a call.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 8:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, Choice Diamond, Priority Club Plat, DL Silver
The webpage has been updated since early this morning. It is now saying "The Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa will be closed through Wednesday, July 13 due to the impending effects of Hurricane Dennis. All guest arrivals scheduled for July 8–13 have been automatically cancelled. "

But just because they are open doesn't mean they are back to normal, especially if their employees homes got damaged and they have things on their minds other then taking care of tourists.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 1:51 pm

Location: Washington, DC, USA : Starwood Gold, DL- no more :-(
I am considering planning a weekend trip there for my husband and I and we both like to golf. I know there are three courses listed on the hotel's site and then I'm sure there are others around, but anyone have any comments on them? Do they all have water views on the courses or are there ones in particular that you recommend?

Also, I might be planning this as a weekend getaway trip for our anniversary. We're a young couple and don't have kids, so would you all still recommend the Sandestin? I know a lot of people like the rooms since they have bunk beds for the kids and all. Basically I'm just looking for a nice weekend getaway that is not too far from Atlanta. We are both pretty active and like to have places to go explore, but having a nice beach with service is also a big plus. I've also considered maybe going down by the Jacksonville area so that he could play at Sawgrass, but I'm just wondering if the Sandestin resort is probably much nicer than anything down there.
Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2005, 9:15 pm

AMEX AXON Stay at Sandestin Hilton

I am thinking about using the Hilton AMEX AXON code I think it is 125000 pts for 4 nights at the Sandestin Hilton sometimes during the month of Jan and would appreciate any input on the property, free breakfast, things to do etc also the quality of the on property golf course how easy is it to schedule tee times thanks ahead for any info.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by MCPO
I am thinking about using the Hilton AMEX AXON code I think it is 125000 pts for 4 nights at the Sandestin Hilton sometimes during the month of Jan and would appreciate any input on the property, free breakfast, things to do etc also the quality of the on property golf course how easy is it to schedule tee times thanks ahead for any info.
If you use the Search function, you will find this property mentioned on several dozen threads....
Old Dec 6, 2005, 1:14 am
Community Director Emerita

This thread seems to have some relevant information for you.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 7:30 am

Thanks

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
If you use the Search function, you will find this property mentioned on several dozen threads....
I am somewhat new to rhe forum and forgot about the search feature Thanks again
Old Jun 1, 2006, 7:32 am

Programs: ua mileage+, hertz gold, hhonors diamond *wood gold
Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa

Does anyone know if this hotel has an exec lounge? I just made a reservation for a King exec room. I'm not sure if that means lounge floor or if it is just the type of room. Any help in clarifying is appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 10:21 am
DAL

Originally Posted by beachfamily
Does anyone know if this hotel has an exec lounge? I just made a reservation for a King exec room. I'm not sure if that means lounge floor or if it is just the type of room. Any help in clarifying is appreciated. Thanks.
no exec lounge - IF you're gold or diamond, you'd get discount bkfst certs for their great bkfst buffet. You should get the typical continental cert for each night, probably 2, then pay an extra $6(?) for the full buffet. Sunday is the best of the week, I think.

But I think the exec rooms just indicate that you're in the newer wing or the spa wing of the hotel. But if you have kids, you should change that room to a jr. suite king in the original tower wing - that gives you more s.f. and a set of 2 bunk beds, separated from the main room by the bathroom/dressing area!

PM me if you have any questions about this hotel or the area - I've stayed here several times over the years & less than a year ago.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 6:19 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by DAL
no exec lounge - IF you're gold or diamond, you'd get discount bkfst certs for their great bkfst buffet. You should get the typical continental cert for each night, probably 2, then pay an extra $6(?) for the full buffet.
I'll second the kudos for the breakfast buffet but I've had to ask the front desk for the certs on a couple of stays. Once I was told that they were not provided to Gold VIPs. You may want to bring a copy of the T&C for VIP guests. As with all Hiltons, some CSRs are VERY helpful and some are just clueless.

^ We love Sandestin and the Jr. Suites with bunk beds!!!
Old Jun 1, 2006, 9:04 pm

Programs: ua mileage+, hertz gold, hhonors diamond *wood gold
Thanks for the replys. I will just be achieving gold at the time of this stay so I'm not sure we'll get. We are traveling with our 8 year old son and the family suite sounds good (but we don't really need it with just 1 kid). I booked a net direct so I'm not sure if they'll let us switch. I'll try at check-in. Any local restaurants or sites we shouldn't miss? This is one of many stops on a cross-country road trip (So Cal to Washington D.C. in rental car and flying back). I'd love any tips. Thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2006, 8:28 am

Enjoy some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Away from the beach:

Chan's Wine World
http://chanswine.com/aboutus.php

Eden Gardens State Park
http://www.floridastateparks.org/ede...ns/default.cfm

Museum at Eglin Air Force Base. Put your hands on a SR71A Blackbird
http://www.eglin.af.mil/museum/

The Indian Mound right on US98 in downtown Fort Walton Beach is worth a short stop

An 8 yr old would love to spend money on bumper boats, go-carts, etc at "The Track"
http://www.destintrack.com/destin/default.asp

Last edited by suthurn; Jun 2, 2006 at 9:08 am
Old Jun 4, 2006, 1:14 am
DAL

Wow! that's certainly not a direct route! I went to college in DC and the trip from No. Ala. & Tuscasloosa (DH) was tough when I was young, but I did it straight.

I have an 11 yr old boy & 8 yr old boy/girl twins. Rain in the south tends to be quick little storms in the summer months, so we like to just spend time at the beach and the pool and don’t leave the hotel much. We swim every day at home, but we still can't be out from 10-2, so we have a big lunch if we didn't have the big breakfast, and then eat a light supper after dark - I think all rooms have fridge/microwave. One night we might take the shuttle across 98 to Baytown Warf on the bay side of Sandestin and eat at Acme Oyster House, try sandestin.com for lots of Sandestin dining & rec info.

Think the Hilton has a movie night by the pool bar also. There are lots of conventions here because the facilities are pretty unique on the white sands of the gulf. Last year a convention had full blown 4th of July type fireworks on the beach & we were on the 15th floor, eyelevel! Be sure to ask if that's going on while your there, maybe the mtg planning office can tell you because I would hate to be out to dinner and miss it. On bottom floor there’s a decent video game arcade, movie rental for your vcr in your room, and a guest laundry. Couple of years ago my husband & son rented bicycles to ride around the Sandestin walks, and there’s a mini putt putt golf course near the hotel. Great golf & tennis resort. Oh yea, I love the spa! Got the deal with facial, massage & manicure.

Lots of kids to play with if your son’s not shy! A nice lady gave us their boogie board because they were leaving and didn't want it, (I couldn't fit ours in the van) so we passed it on when we left! The hotel beach towels are the best I've had at a gulf hotel. Rental beach chairs are $25/day & I don't think there are options to make it less. Nice pool bar with food & oyster bar. Two outdoor pools, one indoor, 2 hot tubs, 1 kiddie pool. Original pool has deep end because it used to have a diving board. Deli store by indoor/outdoor pool is nice to have, but I shop at the Bruno's grocery & CVS pharmacy down the street across from the outlets - look them up online if you like coach, dooney/burke, hartmann, brooks brothers, etc.

We ate last year at the Seagrove Village Mkt, (avoid if you don’t like down home atmosphere) that's a ways away past Seaside, nice drive on 30A along the beach if you want to kill a couple of hours. With restaurant.com certs we ate at Ciao Bella pizza in the outlets (great pizza), and Stroffies at Santa Rosa Beach, great linen tablecloth place. Had breakfast for lunch at the Donut Hole down just a little east on 98, might as well eat at the hotel buffet. Check out sowal.com message board for your kind of good eats.

If you’ve not been to our ‘redneck riviera’ before, come to have fun & don’t judge us too harshly, most of us are really nice! I say this because my classmates in DC thought I was stupid because of my accent! Check your bill carefully, very busy hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.