Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2004, 10:31 pm
Original Member

Since I live here, I've never stayed at the property. As for general comments, there is a great deal to do in your immediate area, say from Sandestin proper over to Big Kahuna's water park and I would advise you to not go further into Destin itself as the traffic on Highway 98 can be horrendous in late spring and summer. There are some very nice beaches and shopping areas (Destin Commons just opened up recently) so you don't really need to rub elbows with the spring breakers by going there.

Give us a shout if you need directions or suggestions!
Old Jan 27, 2004, 7:36 pm

I have stayed there several years ago and they DID NOT grant any of the Gold Upgrades or Breakfast Coupons. I doubt very much if they have changed. Please remember, this is a RESORT Complex and you PAY a RESORT FEE in addition the Normal Hilton Hotel fees.

The Hilton SanDeston complex is a beautiful Resort Hotel. You will love the beaches, ENJOY.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 8:29 am

I stayed there last year over the Fourth of July week. As a diamond, I did receive breakfast coupons for the entire family for the each morning of the stay (which was a free TEEN stay). I was upgraded to one of the family rooms which included the bunk beds. Of course I did have to pay the resort fee (about $10/day).
Old Mar 24, 2004, 12:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Hilton SanDestin

Does anyone have the email address and name of the Hilton SanDestin GM?
Old Mar 24, 2004, 8:35 pm

Did you do a search for the Hilton San Destin? There has been several threads on this hotel.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 11:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Yes. I did search, that is why I asked the question. As a long time lurker since 1999, I use the search function frequently.

Seriously, I don't mean to be rude, but I tire of the many people who point to the search function, when in reality it is easier, faster, and much more efficient to answer the post.

Many times searches are extremely inefficient to wade through to get the information you want, only to find that it is out of date. Check out the 20+ page "Unabashed Cholula spam" on the Delta pages. Almost impossible to get data out of it.

Anyone have the email of the GM at the SanDestin?
Old May 3, 2004, 4:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Question Any updated info?

I am looking for updated information on this hotel. Planning an award stay over the Memorial Day weekend. I am a Diamond, not travelling with kids. I am looking for a peaceful beach to soak up the sun, hopefully a pool with waiter service. Any comments would be helpful
Old May 5, 2004, 5:08 pm
Original Member

Can't help you with the hotel, but if you need any advice on things to do in the area, feel free to email me.

For instance, there is a very nice area that opened up almost across the street from you since my last post here, Baytowne Wharf. They have some nice shops, restaurants, and a water taxi. Laso new is Destin Commons, which you can get to without getting into the horrid destin-proper beach traffic.

Hope your stay is enjoyable!

Old May 5, 2004, 8:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hnechets
Can't help you with the hotel, but if you need any advice on things to do in the area, feel free to email me.

For instance, there is a very nice area that opened up almost across the street from you since my last post here, Baytowne Wharf. They have some nice shops, restaurants, and a water taxi. Laso new is Destin Commons, which you can get to without getting into the horrid destin-proper beach traffic.

Hope your stay is enjoyable!

Do you have any info on the resort area called Sandestin Beach & Golf Resort which is where I think is where Baytown Wharf is located. I can rent a 3 bedroom townhome there for $300 a night over Memorial Day Weekend
Old May 6, 2004, 5:14 pm
Original Member

Hmm and hmm...

I am by NO means 100% sure of this, but it sounds to me like you are indeed looking at the townhomes/condos in Baytowne Wharf itself.

Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is HUGE. There are miles of upscale houses, garden homes, beach cottages, etc., not to mention world-class golf courses. But I think from what you said that you are talking about the units in Baytowne Wharf itself.

If so, rest assured they are very nice, and brand new. They are purchased by people who use them and rent them out thru the property office there.

On one visit there, we got a wild hair and asked if we could see one, and they said, "Sure!" So, we looked one over all by ourselves. Very, very nice. It had a wrap-around balcony and was furnished very tastefully. Full kitchen, full everything. These are not apartments, they are places to live.

The townhomes are on a side street off the shops and restaurants, so noise is not an issue. The pool area is not obvious and many visitors have no idea there even is one. If you want privacy, you don't have to worry about being in the thick of things. On the other hand, you are a two-minute walk from where the action is.

If you are into things tea, be sure to visit Magnolia & Ivy. Great teas, china, Victorian hats/scraves, etc. They even have a formal tea which you can dress up for (they supply the clothing, my wife, daughter and mother-in-law did it and loved it).

Also, it is the Sandestin Hilton that is Gulf side. Everything else is bay side, on Choctawhatchee Bay. Not as pretty as the Gulf, but a LOT calmer and kid-friendly when the waves get big and the seaweed comes in there.

Parking is not a problem, they have a parking garage for residents and guests, plus shuttle service.

I hope this helps.

P.S. If you do wind up in Ft. Walton Beach, there's a great, reasonably priced seafood place underneath Brooks Bridge called The Original Crab Shack. They have a wrap around dock right on the Sound.

Upscale in the opposite direction, in the Grayton Beach area is Criolla's. It is world class with fantastic food, but you will pay for it. Postions are not real big, either, but maybe you're not a chow hound like me.

I think I better stop with a few links below before this becomes a book-length feature!

http://www.sandestin.com/

http://www.experiencesandestin.com/

Last edited by hnechets; May 6, 2004 at 5:16 pm
Old May 10, 2004, 8:21 pm
Original Member

Princess674, did any of this rambling dialog help?
Old May 10, 2004, 8:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hnechets
Princess674, did any of this rambling dialog help?
Yes, but I think I am going to go ahead and stay at the Hilton Sandestin rather than the Sandestin Beach Resort (Baytowne). I made my reservation today for the Hilton.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 10:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Had a nice stay. I uploaded my photos from my stay here:

http://www.hotelscoop.com/hotelDetai...p?Hotelid=4113

The location is great. I loved the service but you are getting a ho hum room that is nothing special. that said we spent little time in the room and had a great time in Sandestin. We loved having beach side service. No need to get up for drinks or lunch! It was all brought to you at the BEACH!!!
Old May 2, 2005, 8:44 pm

Destin Hilton Resort ~ Florida

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Just wanted to post an quick summary about this property, since when I looked for a reveiw, they were all quite old.

Have stayed at almost all of the North America Hilton resorts now, and this was by far the nicest. It is newly renovated. Baths are granite and marble and rooms are HUGE. We stayed in the family tower, which contained a small alcove that housed a bunk bed, a full bath, additional seperate sink ouside bath, wet bar, minibar, microwave and coffee pot. We also had two double beds, a sleeper sofa, arm chair and desk. Our balcony was very large, with an incredible view of the emerald green gulf and the sugary sand beach.

Book a resort view, low floor room and as a diamond got upgraded to a high floor beach view. Also received breakfast coupons for all 4 of us for each day. These were worth $10 each toward our breakfast - with buffet or cooked or Sunday Brunch. Most days, we paid nothing. This was a great benefit.

The resort has three pools - two outside, on indoor with a spa. Lounge chairs were plenty, and the outdoor bar and grill was very nice. Live entertainment outside during the day and in the lounge at night.

Beach is a few steps away and just awesome. The sand is incredibly white and very soft.

This property has a newly opened spa - admission was complimentary for diamonds. ($15 a day I think otherwise.)

We found the staff at the front desk, bell desk and valet to be quite attentive. Housekeeping did a fine job, always replenishing towels at turn down.

Additionally, this hotel is part of the Sandestin Resort. A shuttle will take you anywhere on the property free of charge (a small tip is welcome). That is to Golf, tennis (excellent facility) and Baytown - a small village with shops and dining.

By far - the nicest Hilton resort property in NOrth AMerica - But I may change my mind after Barbados.

Enjoy!
Old May 2, 2005, 8:59 pm

...and don't forget the VERY large Outlet Mall about 3 miles away. The one of the biggest draws in the area. When it rains, everyone heads for the Mall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.