Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2023, 6:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Completed a stay here recently. Much of my comments in the previous posts carry over.
  • No upgrades despite availability.
  • Valet service has dropped off considerably. We pulled up and began unloading. Four porters were huddled around the valet desk. We flagged one down and he said he couldn't help us until we had a room number. We were instructed to check-in first, then bring our room number back to them and they'd assist.
  • The breakfast is $30/person for the hot buffet and $15/person for the cold buffet. Drinks are not included. Kids do eat free.
  • F&B credit was not applied appropriately. We had to visit the front desk to get it fixed.
  • Housekeeping was hit-or-miss. We asked for housekeeping to empty the trash and they never came. They did a full clean of the room on day #3, but did not top off the liquid toiletries. Upon arrival to the room, none of the TV remote controls worked. One was without a battery cover or batteries... a minor oversight by housekeeping.
  • Re: the Resort Fee... the photo below is what the hotel gives you explaining the fee. Unfortunately, there were no beach or board games. The "Kids Krewe" facility has been closed down. Beach chairs are $40/day, cabanas range from $240 - $400 per day. Beach towels were plentiful until our last day when they ran out. Likely issues with the laundering facility.
  • They've switched to Crabtree & Evelyn reusable toiletry bottles mounted on the shower wall.

Old Sep 4, 2023, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Shame, had a great stay here in 2019.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 5:47 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Shame, had a great stay here in 2019.
As did we. Spent an entire week there around 4th of July. They had daily events, games, arts & crafts, etc. for kids. They did their own fireworks show for guests. Free drink coupons, etc.

All gone now.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 6:04 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by aww3583
Completed a stay here recently. Much of my comments in the previous posts carry over.[list]
[*]Re: the Resort Fee... the photo below is what the hotel gives you explaining the fee. Unfortunately, there were no beach or board games. The "Kids Krewe" facility has been closed down. Beach chairs are $40/day, cabanas range from $240 - $400 per day. Beach towels were plentiful until our last day when they ran out. Likely issues with the laundering facility.
This seems like extortion. I can't imagine booking a hotel on the beach for a beach vacation, being charged $40/day in a resort fee, and still not having with beach chairs. For a couple, this comes to $120/day to have a place to sit on the beach with all of these fees. Insane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.