FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/562834-hilton-tokyo-narita-airport-jpn.html)

YYZC2 Jun 9, 2008 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by giggy (Post 9851429)
FWIW on the top of the remote are H1 H2 H3 H4 these are cnn bbc and 2 other channels. There's also a language button that switches japanese to english.

Well I'll be!

Sure enough, looking at my remote, there is a sticker that says in very small letters, "CNN" over H3 and "BBC" over H4.

I don't remember seeing the sticker on my previous visits; I figured those buttons correlated to the various inputs on the set-top box.

After pressing H3, pressing "Bilingual" eliminates the Japanese audio leaving only the english soundtrack.

Thanks for brightening my morning!

giggy Jun 9, 2008 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by YYZC2 (Post 9852283)
Well I'll be!

Sure enough, looking at my remote, there is a sticker that says in very small letters, "CNN" over H3 and "BBC" over H4.

I don't remember seeing the sticker on my previous visits; I figured those buttons correlated to the various inputs on the set-top box.

After pressing H3, pressing "Bilingual" eliminates the Japanese audio leaving only the english soundtrack.

Thanks for brightening my morning!

^^:)

Lulu Jun 9, 2008 7:36 pm

We are redeeming a night at this property as we need to overnight in Tokyo before heading out to Tahiti.

As Gold using award reservations do you know if they still give breakfast vouchers? and if so will they give it to only the gold member or to all the parties in the room we are a family of 2 Adults & 1 Child.

giggy Jun 9, 2008 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Lulu (Post 9852957)
We are redeeming a night at this property as we need to overnight in Tokyo before heading out to Tahiti.

As Gold using award reservations do you know if they still give breakfast vouchers? and if so will they give it to only the gold member or to all the parties in the room we are a family of 2 Adults & 1 Child.

My coupon said for Gold & Diamond members, I dont think you will have any problem. They seem pretty laid back about the breakfast. One morning I left my coupon in my room, I asked Front Desk for another one, no problem. also this hotel is quite inexpensive (except Room Service) you sure you want to blow points for a stay? esp when they have a double base points promo going on.

Lulu Jun 10, 2008 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by giggy (Post 9853051)
My coupon said for Gold & Diamond members, I dont think you will have any problem. They seem pretty laid back about the breakfast. One morning I left my coupon in my room, I asked Front Desk for another one, no problem. also this hotel is quite inexpensive (except Room Service) you sure you want to blow points for a stay? esp when they have a double base points promo going on.

Our stay is not until jan. 09, so right now I just want to secure an award room. Closer to the date if a very good rate comes or by some miracle a PS comes along, then we will try to make an adjustment then. Trying to save all the $$ for final destination as I've heard food there is quite expensive.

r415 Jun 11, 2008 2:17 am

I stayed here 2 weeks ago. The gym & sauna are quite nice, and are free with status. I had never stayed in Japan before, so maybe it is a cultural thing, but the room had the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on (no matter where I was, I could feel the metal poking through the mattress... and I'm only 160 lbs.) Do the Deluxe Rooms have better beds?

The room rate itself is pretty cheap (was around US$100/night when I went), but if you don't have status, the restaurants are very expensive (like much in Japan). The hotel staff was courteous and everything was great except the bed, but overall not really up to the same quality as I'm used to in the US (but the gym is quite large and they have a great spa and sauna).

allset2travel Nov 19, 2008 11:15 am

Originally Posted by FTraveler (Post 9834992)
........................... The local shuttle bus (last time it was ¥150) takes you into Narita City. .......

Incline to stay at this Hilton on an upcoming trip. Your description of Narita town is interesting. How far is the local shuttle bus pick-up and drop-off points in relation to the hotel? Thanks.

drron Nov 19, 2008 12:36 pm

Right at the front door.

allset2travel Nov 19, 2008 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by drron (Post 10778365)
Right at the front door.

^^
Thanks.

mnlfqtv Dec 2, 2008 10:15 pm

Hilton Narita Breakfast Coupon

Just lost my Gold HHonors and may redeem an award at the Hilton Narita for 2 nites on Dec 10. Are there any Gold or Diamond HHonors having a spare breakfast coupon for the morning of Dec 11 and Dec 12? Appreciate it much! Thanks.

CNWO4LIFE Dec 3, 2008 1:28 am

Originally Posted by mnlfqtv (Post 10847305)
Just lost my Gold HHonors and may redeem an award at the Hilton Narita for 2 nites on Dec 10. Are there any Gold or Diamond HHonors having a spare breakfast coupon for the morning of Dec 11 and Dec 12? Appreciate it much! Thanks.

Are you serious? If you were a Gold you would know it does not work like that.

mnlfqtv Dec 3, 2008 1:59 am

I mean if the HHonor Gold or Diamond was also at Narita Hilton at that time and were travelling alone. I would appreciate the spare coupon since upper tier can get 2 per room per nite.

ORDnHKG Dec 3, 2008 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by mnlfqtv (Post 10847863)
I mean if the HHonor Gold or Diamond was also at Narita Hilton at that time and were travelling alone. I would appreciate the spare coupon since upper tier can get 2 per room per nite.

Who said upper tier can get 2 per room per nite ?

I stayed there once as a gold and once as a diamond by myself before, only one coupon was given me, it always depends on if you are by yourself or with someone else, and the person staying with you also has to be listed in the room with you.

I never had given more than one coupon at any other US hilton properties either, unless it is lounge access, then you can bring in someone with you.

serfty Dec 3, 2008 4:28 pm

... except that it costs about ¥4,000 more to book for 2* (otherwise you may not be entitled to 2 breakfast coupons)

(*Although "Spouse Stay is Complimentary" is still a published HHonors benefit)

ORDnHKG Dec 18, 2008 11:22 am

Hilton Narita: lowest room rate already include breakfest, what else would I get ?

I am planning a stay 1/23-24, the lowest room rate $121 already include breakfest, what else would I get as a gold ? maybe internet ?

Also the $160 rate include dinner, does it worth it ? buffet dinner ? Or just a credit ?

Right now been thinking if I should go with hilton or ANA crowne plaza, been to hilton once, not that impressed.

JDiver Dec 19, 2008 7:19 pm

Lots of existing reviews on this property have been contributed by FlyerTalkers and are available for a quick search. As a Gold, with breakast included on your booking, I'd not expect much.

But as to dinner, I suspect it would depend on which restaurant the dinner is in - I recall the specialty restaurant so in the hotel as expensive and not very good; I might be prone to visit Narita city for dinner, myself.

ORDnHKG Dec 20, 2008 11:30 am

I know, read many threads myself regarding who gets breakfest and who's not. But I when I saw the rate already include breakfest, if it is not much extra I can getas a gold, I will just simply try ANA crowne plaza instead. It is a little cheaper, although no breakfest, there is a 1000 yen coupon will be given at check in before end of January.

This hilton is just very unimpressive compare to any US hilton. I will be leaving fairly early in the morning continue on to HKG, will probably eat something from the hotel or airport.

opushomes Dec 20, 2008 6:02 pm

How about free bus rides

to and from the airport (be sure to have your passport if going to the airport)

to and from the JR station in Narita City

Not sure what else you would expect. There is no executive lounge.

Hotel is comfortable and fairly reasonable for a flight the next day.

kats Dec 20, 2008 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 10929298)
I am planning a stay 1/23-24, the lowest room rate $121 already include breakfest, what else would I get as a gold ? maybe internet ?

Also the $160 rate include dinner, does it worth it ? buffet dinner ? Or just a credit ?

Right now been thinking if I should go with hilton or ANA crowne plaza, been to hilton once, not that impressed.

If you are a HH gold member, you may want to swith to "room only" rate because you will be offered complimentary continental breakfast anyway. The rate with breakfast includes full American/Japanese breakfast. You can contact [email protected] for more information.

ORDnHKG Dec 21, 2008 2:09 am

Originally Posted by kats (Post 10942041)
If you are a HH gold member, you may want to swith to "room only" rate because you will be offered complimentary continental breakfast anyway. The rate with breakfast includes full American/Japanese breakfast. You can contact [email protected] for more information.

Room only rate or with breakfest also is $121.

kats Dec 21, 2008 2:12 am

http://www.ishinhotels.com/en/index.html

This is a web site of Hilton Narita operator usually targeted for Japan residents. You will probably find lower rates here without breakfast. Hilton Narita is in Kanto area. You still get Hilton points and other benefits if you show your HH card when checking in.

ORDnHKG Dec 21, 2008 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by kats (Post 10942323)

This is a web site of Hilton Narita operator usually targeted for Japan residents. You will probably find lower rates here without breakfast. Hilton Narita is in Kanto area. You still get Hilton points and other benefits if you show your HH card when checking in.

Their lowest rate is the same rate with Hilton, I think it will be a bonus for anyone that is silver or no status, as currently the lowest rate in january actually come with free breakfest. Thanks for your link though

tane Dec 28, 2008 6:51 am

You can book your room through hilton.com for JPY9000. You must enter "PR09AP" at promotion code column, which means ADVANCE PURCHASE rate without breakfast.

If you have a Japanese friend, you may ask him to book your room through rakuten travel, which provides the rate of JPY7900. No matter which site do you use for booking, you can get full benefit of HHonors.

TooMuchTravel73 Dec 30, 2008 6:21 pm

if your an American eater... don't expect much for a dinner credit. The restaraunts there are authentic (IE bird nest soup in the Chinese restaraunt, etc)

I did eat the "western style buffet" for dinner; It included slimy mushrooms in squid ink sauce (apparently some delicacy if you like that) and similar. maybe I caught them on an off day, but wow. I ate the salad with 1000 island sauce. (and a lot of that salad)

hotel is nice, there is a bus that runs into town thats cheap. there is no ATM in the hotel. so change money at the airport ATM. There is a bill changer that will take your US currency and change them to yen.

Ztras Dec 30, 2008 6:24 pm

<off-topic>

Flipping quickly through the thread titles, I read this one as "Hilton Narnia:...". Sadly, my first thought was "I wonder if Starwood has a property there."

Reality, fantasy, upgrades, etc...

</off-topic>

serfty Dec 30, 2008 6:53 pm

Of course, you can switch your VIP beifit to 1000 HHonors points or free internet.

ORDnHKG Dec 30, 2008 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by tane (Post 10972955)
You can book your room through hilton.com for JPY9000. You must enter "PR09AP" at promotion code column, which means ADVANCE PURCHASE rate without breakfast.

If you have a Japanese friend, you may ask him to book your room through rakuten travel, which provides the rate of JPY7900. No matter which site do you use for booking, you can get full benefit of HHonors.

Ah thanks, now is $20 cheaper, I can't understand why is it without the code, they are showing with or without breakfest would be the same price. Wish I know someone in Japan, then I can save further $15.

ORDnHKG Dec 30, 2008 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 10986024)
Of course, you can switch your VIP beifit to 1000 HHonors points or free internet.

I think 1000 points or free internet are a lot less value than the breakfest buffet they put up. Hilton NRT is not like US hilton that you only get continental breakfest from a buffet as a gold. You are actually having same items as others including eggs.

opushomes Dec 30, 2008 10:42 pm

remember 0=zero

I finally got the rate by entering the number zero in the code PR09AP. So have now cancelled my non-prepaid reservation and saved 1400 yen.

allset2travel Dec 31, 2008 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by kats (Post 10942323)

Thanks for the link. Web site booking calendar goes out to May 2009. However, can't find rates beyond March. For what was available, the rates for 2 pax is quite similar to that found on Hilton's site.

ORDnHKG Jan 6, 2009 1:33 am

For some reasons code "PR09AP" does not work anymore, now no breakfest is JPY 11000, with breakfest is JPY 11500

CaliforniasCentralCoast Jan 7, 2009 5:20 pm

plusses

Plusses:

Roomms are well sound-insulated. You can rest there. And the breakfast buffet is generous in its options....a good variety of western and Japanese offerings.

allset2travel Jan 7, 2009 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 11019573)
For some reasons code "PR09AP" does not work anymore, now no breakfest is JPY 11000, with breakfest is JPY 11500

Huh, I plugged in PR09AP and get AP for JPY11,000; with breakfast its JPY 15,000 (not 11,500) for 2 pax.

ORDnHKG Jan 8, 2009 12:16 am

Originally Posted by allset2travel (Post 11031837)
Huh, I plugged in PR09AP and get AP for JPY11,000; with breakfast its JPY 15,000 (not 11,500) for 2 pax.

JPY 11,000 is hilton queen, JPY 15,000 is deluxe twin. AP rate include breakfest add JPY 500 each room category. PR09AP or not, it is the same rate now.

THe oddest thing is usually if there is something wrong with the code, it would say on the of the page the code has expired or invalid, but nothing mentioned at all.

allset2travel Jan 8, 2009 12:59 pm

Gave up on using the code and the hilton site for that matter. Went to an online hotel booking site and saw (not booked yet until date certain) A USD 96.46 for Queen (for 2 pax). Better rate an hilton site.

chuck1 Feb 10, 2009 10:04 am

Hilton Queen-mattress was too hard..any other options

I just stayed in a Hilton Queen and the bed was way too hard.

It looks likes the deluxe and deluxe plus have different beds.

Is this true, and if so, are they better quality beds?

opushomes Feb 10, 2009 11:58 am

TV channels/mini report

Sure wish that I had seen this obscure post before my last 3 visits.

I was there the night of January 30.

Bus got me to the hotel around 1 p.m. No one was staffing the HHonors checkin but no one in front of me so no big deal. I presented my Amex and Diamond card whereupon the agent told me that it was 1p.m. and check in was at 3. He also said that, however, he had an upgraded room available that he could give me. I know that is somewhat cultural but it is annoying to be chided for arriving when plane and bus schedules dictate. He made it sound like a personal affront that I was earlier than their official time.

Since I had a flight the next day at 1545, I inquired about a late check-out where once again he emphasized that check out was at 11 but he could allow a later check out. How many hotels have an 11 a.m. check out when weekend breakfast ends at 11?

He also handed me a key, health club entry, and one breakfast coupon. Printed on the coupon was the information that for only an additional Y1050 plus tax, I could have hot items otherwise it was their version of continental. He emphasized continental breakfast only. I believe that this is a change from a year ago.

Note: there still is no executive floor or lounge at this property.

Room was perfectly fine and I think the "upgrade" was a king bed. I did have a view of the forest and by looking straight down the stream as it entered the culvert.

Next to the TV was a notice that an additional charge of 30% would be added for checkout between 11 and 2.

Buffet breakfast was more extensive and better than expected. Cold selections were perfectly fine including salad, lox and a large selection of breads/rolls/sweet things. Coffee came in an individual carafe. Cheese selection was good.

I did check out at 11 the next day rather than chancing the additional promised charge. The World Club has good food, drink and internet for free so why sit around the room especially since until this morning I did not know that CNN and BBC are available.

The free bus to Narita City and the airport is one of the best features of the place.

For 9000 yen it was a perfectly fine stay except for the front desk reception. I doubt that they will ever clean up their act since it is strictly a transient hotel with a large number of airlines using it as crew rest. Continental has a large contingent each night.

Originally Posted by giggy (Post 9851429)
FWIW on the top of the remote are H1 H2 H3 H4 these are cnn bbc and 2 other channels. There's also a language button that switches japanese to english.

chuck1 Feb 10, 2009 12:33 pm

I am here now.

Though the beds and room at '79 motel, there is Japan FOX and Discovery in English.

I have watched Navy NCIS, Numbers and Entourage.

GMT+9Tokyo Feb 11, 2009 2:41 am

Get more English TV Channels

"Though the beds and room at '79 motel, there is Japan FOX and Discovery in English."

I think the deluxe rooms at Narita Hilton have slightly better beds, TVs, looks etc.
I think there once was only CNN in English offered there. Several years ago I asked at check out to have more English channels offered. They seem to have added a few more since then. Please ask for more English channels next time you check out. Hope they will take note.

psychtobe Jun 8, 2009 11:45 pm

We are thinking of staying here after arrival at 5 pm, with plans to catch Narita Express to Tokyo Station first thing the following morning.

This is for 2 adults, and a 2 year old.

There is a prepaid offer for 9000 yen, or a room, dinner, and breakfast offer for 16,000 yen.

Normally we would not commit ourselves to eating hotel food, but given the circumstances (probably tired on arrival, and needing to leave very early the next day), might this be a good idea? What is the included dinner like? It can't be much, considering the cost (for 2 adults and 1 child). Breakfast sounds like a cold buffet, which will be fine.