FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/562834-hilton-tokyo-narita-airport-jpn.html)

TallestHotelInJapan Dec 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport hotel

There is no information about the Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport hotel. I booked a room there because I will have a noon flight out of Narita. Not sure now if the choice was right. It seems that they don't have an executive lounge. That means that I don't have big benefits from my Diamond status. Those of you who stayed there: Would you chose this hotel or better the Radisson Narita which costs only 750 JPY more?

more4less Dec 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan (Post 19911029)
There is no information about the Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport hotel. I booked a room there because I will have a noon flight out of Narita. Not sure now if the choice was right. It seems that they don't have an executive lounge. That means that I don't have big benefits from my Diamond status. Those of you who stayed there: Would you chose this hotel or better the Radisson Narita which costs only 750 JPY more?

Hi,

there is a thread about this hotel.

Sorry I cannot help regarding which hotel is better.

Have a nice trip!

drron Dec 23, 2012 7:07 pm

As they say search is your friend-
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...s-reviews.html

TallestHotelInJapan Jan 7, 2013 5:11 pm

No suite upgrade / no lounge

There are no suite upgrades at this hotel. They refuse to upgrade to suites. Another hotel where it doesn't pay to be a Diamond member. Gold is good enough.

What is the use of this hotel? Nothing but comfortable for early departures/late arrivals. I don't want to go there again unless there is no other choice. Also no lounge at that hotel.

Wasn't there a new rule in the beginning of last year about suite upgrades for Diamond members?

colpuck Jan 7, 2013 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan (Post 19997313)
Wasn't there a new rule in the beginning of last year about suite upgrades for Diamond members?

At the discretion of the property.

Rondelltg Jan 7, 2013 6:41 pm

I've only not been upgraded once here.

I only usually stay on my way in and out of Japan. I stayed in the Prince room 1231 and I have some pics but I have never posted pics on FT before so I have to do some research on how.

It looks to me like you have to post pics on another site and then link them. I'm not into that but I can send them to anyone that wants to post them.

anabolism Jan 10, 2013 8:06 pm

What is the use of this hotel? Nothing but comfortable for early departures/late arrivals. I don't want to go there again unless there is no other choice. Also no lounge at that hotel.

The use is: very convenient to NRT and very inexpensive rates. If you want more luxury, a lounge, suites, etc., then try the Hilton or Conrad in Tokyo.

Personally, I love staying at the Conrad but when I only have an overnight I often stay at the NRT Hilton. I've even stayed there when I had two full days but an 11 AM departing flight. Took the train to Tokyo for a day trip one day, visited Narita town the other.

ORDnHKG Jan 11, 2013 12:21 am

Aren't all airport hotels serve the same purpose ? I am not so sure why it seems shocking to you that nothing arounds the hotel, even the name of the hotel said Hilton Narita Airport, not Hilton Narita City or Hilton Tokyo. :confused:

Are you thinking about Starwood perhaps ?

TallestHotelInJapan Jan 11, 2013 6:12 am

With SPG there is usually no problem. As a Platinum member I get my upgrades in most cases.

Hilton is another case. I did almost completely stop to stay at Hilton hotels because of their shenanigans. Diamond membership should get some substantial benefit over Gold membership. Why not upgrade to a suite? This won't harm the hotel. But the Hilton NRT refuses under all circumstances to give such an upgrade. To make things worse, there is no executive lounge and no other benefits. That's why I am asking myself about the purpose of the NRT Hilton and also about the Hilton Diamond status.

anabolism Jan 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 20022901)
Aren't all airport hotels serve the same purpose ?

I think airport hotels serve at a few different purposes: short transit stays, cheap stays when visiting a city, convenient/cheap places to have a meeting or conference.

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan (Post 20023964)
With SPG there is usually no problem. As a Platinum member I get my upgrades in most cases.

Hilton is another case. I did almost completely stop to stay at Hilton hotels because of their shenanigans. Diamond membership should get some substantial benefit over Gold membership. Why not upgrade to a suite? This won't harm the hotel. But the Hilton NRT refuses under all circumstances to give such an upgrade. To make things worse, there is no executive lounge and no other benefits. That's why I am asking myself about the purpose of the NRT Hilton and also about the Hilton Diamond status.

I'm not sure I'd call it "shenanigans" since they don't make a secret of it. Also, most airport hotels lack a lounge. Diamonds do get benefits, including free upgrade to a deluxe room and free health club access, free breakfast and free Internet.

ORDnHKG Jan 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan (Post 20023964)

If suites are important then maybe you should stick with SPG then.

One thing that Diamond got over gold is when the property has a lounge, even if you don't get upgraded to exec. level, you still get lounge access. Hilton NRT is the only Hilton family property in the NRT area, with thousands of people transiting in NRT on a daily basis, it properly has so many diamonds in that property every night. I don't think that property has that many suites available, or I would have seen many nor-1 upgrades being offered.

I don't think "no other benefits" are correctly described for this property, you usually get upgraded to the deluxe room and buffet breakfast, remember many other Hiltons would only give continental breakfast to diamonds, you have to pay extra for the full breakfast, so this is already a bonus.

anabolism Jan 14, 2013 1:05 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 20035275)
I don't think "no other benefits" are correctly described for this property, you usually get upgraded to the deluxe room and buffet breakfast, remember many other Hiltons would only give continental breakfast to diamonds, you have to pay extra for the full breakfast, so this is already a bonus.

In fairness, what you describe is unheard-of now in Asia. Every Hilton property I've stayed at in Asia now welcomes Diamonds to full breakfast in the restaurant or the lounge. That said, there was a time a few years back when this property only gave the cold buffet to Diamonds, there was an upcharge for full breakfast.

holtju2 Jan 14, 2013 10:50 pm

Seems that someone hacked Hilton Narita's Twitter account and send bunch on direct messages trying to get access to your Twitter.

TallestHotelInJapan Jan 29, 2013 7:20 pm

Got the upgrade to the junior suite. That was a nice large room. The rest was soso. Breakfast did not convince me at all. Otherwise, the hotel is ok and I would chose it again for the fist/last night for a NRT flight if the price is low.

redslert Sep 5, 2013 12:47 am

I have 1 night stay before transiting on another morning flight.
I land at 6AM so I emailed the hotel and this is what they came back with.

Ridiculous rates for early check in.

We charge extra fee for early check in as below.

Before 9:00a.m. : 100 of room charge
9:00 a.m. ~ : 50% of room charge
12:00p.m.~ : 30% of room charge

flyingnomadic Sep 5, 2013 1:17 am

Originally Posted by redslert (Post 21391729)
I have 1 night stay before transiting on another morning flight.
I land at 6AM so I emailed the hotel and this is what they came back with.

Ridiculous rates for early check in.

Yes, it's a joke. I'm also seeing a substantial hike in rates; I paid ¥‎7000 earlier this year (as then Gold, I was allowed to check in a few hours early for no extra charge as my room was ready) but I'm seeing ¥‎11000+ a night now - the ¥‎5000 Facebook promos seem long gone. Too much to pay for such a mediocre, dated Hilton without a lounge IMHO.

redslert Sep 5, 2013 2:00 am

The rate that I booked is 17500.00JPY and you are saying it is only worth 7000?!

flyingnomadic Sep 5, 2013 4:42 am

YMMV, but considering the nearby Radisson can be had for < ¥‎7000, for my cheap charlie purposes ;) I would not pay much more than that for a Narita airport hotel check-in-and-flop.

Superguy Sep 5, 2013 11:03 am

Originally Posted by redslert (Post 21391904)
The rate that I booked is 17500.00JPY and you are saying it is only worth 7000?!

My company paid 15000 JPY when I stayed there a few weeks ago. The room definitely wasn't worth it. It's old and tired. It looks the same as when I first stayed there in 2005 - and even then it was old and dated. No WiFi - wired Internet only. Pay movies require going down the hall and purchasing a card you stick in a box.

On my last stay, I was on the 10th floor and my room smelled musty and old. Seems like the floor in general did. I complained and the bellman brought me some air freshener. It was tolerable for one night.

I like that it has a Japanese style bath and the pool area is nice. Food is decent but pricy (4400 JPY for a dinner buffet. Sandwiches/burgers were around 2200-2500 JPY). It also has a nice view of NRT.

I wouldn't stay there for a longer period of time, and definitely suggest paying as little as possible. The main reason I stayed there was for Hilton points. Had it not been for that, I definitely would stay elsewhere.

redslert Sep 24, 2013 12:46 am

Ended up having a nice stay.

Got early check-in with no issues at 7:30am and no additional charges.
Room is big, clean and quiet.
I got free internet using wifi, I'm not sure how they actually charge to the room since there's no sign in.
The bus transfer to/from airport and narita station was very nice and punctual.
Breakfast was alright but most items were western food rather than Jap.

Overall a good stay and I would do it again.

skywalkerLAX Sep 26, 2013 1:40 am

Originally Posted by redslert (Post 21494498)
Ended up having a nice stay.

Got early check-in with no issues at 7:30am and no additional charges.
Room is big, clean and quiet.
I got free internet using wifi, I'm not sure how they actually charge to the room since there's no sign in.
The bus transfer to/from airport and narita station was very nice and punctual.
Breakfast was alright but most items were western food rather than Jap.

Overall a good stay and I would do it again.

I think they are trying to 'fish' for people who would bee foolish enough to pay such a rate for early check-in. But in all fairness, we are used to things like these due to out frequent travels and status. If my parents with no status would travel I would not recommend them arriving at any hotel before 11am and expect to check-in.

To even solicit they charge anything extra after 12pm is IMHO ridiculous for an airport property that ALWAYS has early departures (actually the reason why many people stay at an airport hotel is they have an early flight out).

What I would find fair is:

- Checkin before 9am pays an extra of the rate for day use.
- Checkin before 11 am pays 20% surcharge if they want guaranteed room availability.

I got the same email without comment after I noted in my comments that I would be arriving ~ 9am a few months ago. I fwd it to the guest assistance department together with the cancellation and a new booking at the crowne plaza for half the price.

May I ask where you picked up the Wireless Internet and what that Network Name was? Maybe someone had an airPort router without encoding running in a room next to you!?

Personally I find that the Operations at all the Hilton Properties in the Tokyo area are somewhat whacky. And that has nothing to do with 'being by the book' (as it can be expected in Japan) but missing essential customer service elements. Upgrades for Diamonds is one of these issues (the Hilton Tokyo puts Diamonds repeatedly into Standard Rooms [and you can see that when looking online at your reservation]). And the GM's there are western managers so I would expect a more reasonable policy.

The Hilton NRT is worth max a room rate of 9000 JPY per night. All in. Beyond that I would suggest everybody to look at hotels.com to compare!

And having one bus per hour in the afternoon between the terminals and the hotel is completely unacceptable for an airport property.

redslert Sep 26, 2013 2:04 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 21507152)
May I ask where you picked up the Wireless Internet and what that Network Name was? Maybe someone had an airPort router without encoding running in a room next to you!?

It was Hilton wifi, but the sign in page was someone else's name and room number printed on the webpage - unchangable. I pressed accept charges thinking I would at least need to enter in other details, but it just worked without having to enter anything.

PetzLUX Sep 26, 2013 9:06 am

Originally Posted by redslert (Post 21507208)
It was Hilton wifi, but the sign in page was someone else's name and room number printed on the webpage - unchangable. I pressed accept charges thinking I would at least need to enter in other details, but it just worked without having to enter anything.

Hmm, is this new? I was there on September 6th for one night. Did not find any WiFi in the room, so I asked at the reception and I was told that there is no WiFi in the rooms. Only in the lobby around the lobby café.

tkflyer Nov 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Does any know if they are strict on the occupancy rules?

Booked a twin, but have 2 adults and 2 kids. Not usually been a problem in other Hilton's worldwide. I am assuming no upgrade.

moseslin Nov 22, 2013 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by tkflyer (Post 21834354)

Booked a twin, but have 2 adults and 2 kids. Not usually been a problem in other Hilton's worldwide. I am assuming no upgrade.

I didn't have a problem with 4 people in the room before.

tane Nov 23, 2013 8:05 am

Originally Posted by tkflyer (Post 21834354)

I stayed so many times with 2 adults and 2 kids, no issues. Always I pay only for 1 person with spouse free privilege.

snic Nov 23, 2013 10:31 am

Originally Posted by moseslin (Post 21834539)
I didn't have a problem with 4 people in the room before.

Originally Posted by tane (Post 21838346)
I stayed so many times with 2 adults and 2 kids, no issues. Always I pay only for 1 person with spouse free privilege.

Did you ask for an extra bed? The room rates at this hotel seem to be very high, especially if you factor in the 4500 yen price of an extra bed that Rakuten mentions. But I don't know if the hotel would provide it for free or at least less than 4500?

Obiekang Mar 17, 2014 7:47 pm

I plan to have a layover in Narita area this upcoming summer,but 10000 JPY is too expensive since you can easily get the same service in 40,50 dollars

sggolf Apr 6, 2014 10:15 pm

All the hotels in Tokyo are sold out for awards. Would you stay here with two teens and use as base of travel in/out of Tokyo for first timers? Thanks!

gummibar Apr 6, 2014 10:35 pm

Hilton Narita is VERY far away from Central Tokyo. I have stayed there before and if you plan to go to central tokyo (eg. Shinjuku, Ginza..etc), it will take you about 1 hr 15 mins to get from the Narita station to Tokyo Station...not forgetting the massive crowd you have to deal with during peak hours. Also, you have to factor in the return leg (from Tokyo to Narita station) as there are limited express trains back in the evenings. If you miss the express train, you will have alot of trouble getting back as the non-express trains will take ages to get you back.

SK AAR Apr 7, 2014 1:02 am

Originally Posted by sggolf (Post 22661289)
All the hotels in Tokyo are sold out for awards. Would you stay here with two teens and use as base of travel in/out of Tokyo for first timers? Thanks!

NO - are you kidding? Book rooms at Hilton Shinjuku or at a (cheaper) property. Do a search and you will find that some of discount/corporate rates actually work for Hilton Shinjuku. In addition, there are several other good choices in the Shinjuku area at reasonable rates. Hotels in Tokoy/Japan are not that expensive anymore as the Yen currency exchange rate is more favourable now.

sggolf Apr 7, 2014 11:08 am

Thanks, that's what I thought. All the hotels are sold out next week. If anyone has any discount codes or leads on hotels or canceling your award for the DO, can you PM me. Thanks!

tsmith12 Apr 7, 2014 12:32 pm

Does anyone know if the hotel lets you store luggage for a few days? On a 5-day trip, I'm planning to stay the first night and the last night at the hotel. Will the hotel let me store my luggage for the days in between? Thanks

CAtraveker Apr 12, 2014 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by tsmith12 (Post 22664666)
Does anyone know if the hotel lets you store luggage for a few days? On a 5-day trip, I'm planning to stay the first night and the last night at the hotel. Will the hotel let me store my luggage for the days in between? Thanks

Definitely. We were there a few weeks ago. We flew in, spent the night, left our large suitcase and took two carry-ons to HK. Four days later, we came back to the Narita Hilton for an overnight stay and to pick up our luggage.

The front desk folks are very nice. They even let us check-in at 8 am on our return from HK. We are Diamond.

onobond Apr 13, 2014 2:36 am

Originally Posted by CAtraveker (Post 22695440)

Originally Posted by tsmith12 (Post 22664666)

Definitely. We were there a few weeks ago. We flew in, spent the night, left our large suitcase and took two carry-ons to HK. Four days later, we came back to the Narita Hilton for an overnight stay and to pick up our luggage.

The front desk folks are very nice. They even let us check-in at 8 am on our return from HK. We are Diamond.

Have done the same a couple of times. I'm Diamond too. My experience of the front desk staff is similar to yours

pschafer Nov 4, 2014 8:13 pm

Dinner, bed and breakfast rate

Hi - we need an overnight near NRT before an early flight and were looking at the Hilton - I have 2 questions:-

There is a dinner, bed and breakfast rate which looks pretty reasonable (compared to room only) but the web site does not say what the "dinner" is - anyone have any experience with this?

I presume the hotel runs a shuttle to/from NRT - is this frequent and convenient - I noticed that the TA reports on some other hotels near NRT complain about the shuttle service.

Many thanks.

arlflyer Nov 5, 2014 7:44 am

Originally Posted by pschafer (Post 23793323)
There is a dinner, bed and breakfast rate which looks pretty reasonable (compared to room only) but the web site does not say what the "dinner" is - anyone have any experience with this?

I have not seen this rate explicitly advertised anywhere but I can guess at what the dinner might include. The restaurant there has a western set menu special that they do every night, I believe that one option is a happy hour style sandwich and fries, etc. There also might be a more formal option of 3-course standard dinner. Either way I would inquire as to what it actually is - I'm surprised it isn't elaborated on in the rate details.

If you are going to any of the Narita hotels your dining options are pretty-much limited to on-property. Last time I stayed at the Hilton NRT I just made a dinner of snacks from the on-site convenience store, which is very reasonably priced (same as 7-Eleven, etc., not "hotel prices").

Originally Posted by pschafer (Post 23793323)
I presume the hotel runs a shuttle to/from NRT - is this frequent and convenient - I noticed that the TA reports on some other hotels near NRT complain about the shuttle service.

In my experience the Hilton-NRT shuttle works very well. The bus runs very regularly and while it is shared with a couple other hotels, the Hilton is the first drop-off point after the airport and the last pick-up point before the airport, so you will get a direct ride between the hotel and airport.

Also, if you are on a morning departure they run a special extra shuttle from 6:30-9:00 AM that only departs from the Hilton so you don't have to worry about the bus showing up already full of other hotels' guests.

Here is the link to the PDF with the shuttle bus route and timetable: http://ishinhotels.com/hilton-narita...014_09_air.pdf

pschafer Nov 5, 2014 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer (Post 23795413)
I have not seen this rate explicitly advertised anywhere but I can guess at what the dinner might include. The restaurant there has a western set menu special that they do every night, I believe that one option is a happy hour style sandwich and fries, etc. There also might be a more formal option of 3-course standard dinner. Either way I would inquire as to what it actually is - I'm surprised it isn't elaborated on in the rate details.

If you are going to any of the Narita hotels your dining options are pretty-much limited to on-property. Last time I stayed at the Hilton NRT I just made a dinner of snacks from the on-site convenience store, which is very reasonably priced (same as 7-Eleven, etc., not "hotel prices").

In my experience the Hilton-NRT shuttle works very well. The bus runs very regularly and while it is shared with a couple other hotels, the Hilton is the first drop-off point after the airport and the last pick-up point before the airport, so you will get a direct ride between the hotel and airport.

Also, if you are on a morning departure they run a special extra shuttle from 6:30-9:00 AM that only departs from the Hilton so you don't have to worry about the bus showing up already full of other hotels' guests.

Here is the link to the PDF with the shuttle bus route and timetable: http://ishinhotels.com/hilton-narita...014_09_air.pdf

Thanks for the info - I'll call the hotel and check what the dinner includes - I've already booked this rate but it can be cancelled - if it's only a sandwich I'll change to room only.

arlflyer Nov 5, 2014 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by pschafer (Post 23797054)
Thanks for the info - I'll call the hotel and check what the dinner includes - I've already booked this rate but it can be cancelled - if it's only a sandwich I'll change to room only.

Good call, I'd say. It's a good airport property. Reasonable prices (room only) in my experience, too.

tkelvin69 Dec 13, 2014 4:47 pm

Nothing really to complain about but nothing exceptional either. Decent room with comfortable bed. Bathroom is dated and could use upgrading and better towels. No executive lounge which is a real minus. Diamond amenity was two small cookies - yipee. Breakfast was average to poor again when compared to other Hiltons in Asia. Check out at 0730 found one person working the front desk.

It is convenient for an overnight with three shuttles per hour during the busy time. I was able to take the bus, do self check-in, and be in the JAL lounge in 25 minutes from the time the bus left for the airport.

For those AA flyers, the counters don't open until 0900/0930 but with carry-on only you can use the kiosk to get your BP early and then there is a special priority access lane/area just past the counters. Less than 10 minutes to get BP, screening, and immigration.