FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/562834-hilton-tokyo-narita-airport-jpn.html)

The _Banking_Scot Jun 9, 2023 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 35318753)
Is there anywhere near the Hilton NRT I can buy some beer and take it to my room? Is there uber eats or pizza delivery possible?

I'm looking for the best and most efficient way to get from the Hilton NRT to downtown Tokyo for a few hours early in evening. Possible?

Hi

Not sure what is nearby but i think the best way to downtown tokyo is back to narita Airport then the narita express to tokyo Station or the skyliner to ueno.
I would check the times of the last trains back to narita

Regards

Tbs

SPN Lifer Jun 9, 2023 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by JETDRIVER (Post # 665) (Post 35307902)
I’m at this hotel right now.

the only way I can describe it is that it’s a total dump.

the rooms are a throwback to 1970. which is cute except air conditioning is a portable air purifier with humidity showing at 60%.

The food is horrible. . . .

The Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport was, however, very convenient when my SPN-NRT-SFO flights used to force a NRT layover.

Schwann Jun 10, 2023 2:48 am

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 35318753)
Is there anywhere near the Hilton NRT I can buy some beer and take it to my room? Is there uber eats or pizza delivery possible?

I'm looking for the best and most efficient way to get from the Hilton NRT to downtown Tokyo for a few hours early in evening. Possible?

Someone literally just told you in the post above that there is a 7-11 in the hotel and a Family Mart in another hotel nearby. They sell beer.

Tokyo is a massive place - it depends what you want to see. It's quite far too - maybe you'd be better off going to Narita.

enviroian Jun 10, 2023 6:39 pm

Thanks for all the tips. Sounds like I’ll be better off staying at a hotel near Tokyo train station and taking the NEX.

Can anyone recommend a Hilton branded property close to the Tokyo train station?

MP001 Jun 11, 2023 4:12 am

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 35321354)
Thanks for all the tips. Sounds like I’ll be better off staying at a hotel near Tokyo train station and taking the NEX.

Can anyone recommend a Hilton branded property close to the Tokyo train station?

As Schwann mentioned, Tokyo is a massive place and there are several major stations. Among others, Narita express stops at Shinjuku and Yokohama; both have a Hilton property relatively close-by: Hilton Tokyo and Hilton Yokohama (this opening in September).
However, I understand you are stopping just few hours on transit, so, depending when the time of your flights are, you are probably better off staying at Hilton Narita and spend the evening in the nearby Narita city.

The _Banking_Scot Jun 11, 2023 4:15 am

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 35321354)

hi,

The Closest one would be the Conrad in Shiodome ( took a taxi to Tokyo central for the NEX - about 10mins by taxi but the NEx platforms are on the lowest level -about Y1500 taxi fare)
Some NEX also leave from Shinjuku then head via tokyo station to Narita. Some trains go to Yokohama others via Shinjuku- The hilton Tokyo is about 10 mins walk from Shinjuku.

The other 2 tokyo hiltons ( Odaiba & Tokyo bay) are further out

Hilton is very limited in central tokyo ( unlike Marriott with some Courtyards in ginza and around toyko station

A new Waldorf Astoria is due to open in 2026 in Marunouchi ( very close to Tokyo station)

Regards

TBS

enviroian Jun 11, 2023 9:16 am

Originally Posted by MP001 (Post 35322053)
As Schwann mentioned, Tokyo is a massive place and there are several major stations. Among others, Narita express stops at Shinjuku and Yokohama; both have a Hilton property relatively close-by: Hilton Tokyo and Hilton Yokohama (this opening in September).
However, I understand you are stopping just few hours on transit, so, depending when the time of your flights are, you are probably better off staying at Hilton Narita and spend the evening in the nearby Narita city.

Thanks. On google maps it only says "Tokyo Station". It appears to be huge complex so I figured this was the one station Narita express stops.

Maybe the other poster is right...just stay at the Narita hilton and explore Narita City instead.

Jaimito Cartero Jun 11, 2023 9:35 am

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 35322606)
Maybe the other poster is right...just stay at the Narita hilton and explore Narita City instead.

Probably the best bet. I’ve stayed here twice, probably close to 20 years ago. The hotel was ok, but nothing luxurious. Narita town was interesting. Was going to see a movie, but the $17 price then, dissuaded me. Lots of other things, though.

tobegold Feb 5, 2024 5:36 pm

Stayed 1 night after arriving TPAC. Booked a basic queen bed room and upgraded to a Deluxe queen high floor, not that there is any view - some land cleared for development that never happened. Small package containing 5 tiny heart shaped cookies in room, 1 free drink coupon, though this was a very small 200 ml? beer. Breakfast was decent. Free shuttle to airport and also in Narita town, I did a quick trip into town for dinner.

littlevoices Apr 9, 2024 2:27 am

Stayed here as a non-status guest for a night. Would observe that the hotel shuttle schedule changes on 1 April, not sure what it was prior, but it is now every 30 minutes in "peak" hours (6.xx am-8.xx am, 4.xx pm-6.xx pm), and every hour outside of that, it's here: https://www.hiltonnarita.jp/pdf/acce...irport_tmp.pdf - There seems to be a better schedule to the nearest JR station...

The hotel was fine for what was a 12 hour stay and no complaints at all on staff/efficiency and the likes - another quick note, all the restaurants have also been closed except for the main "Terrace" restaurant, which was perfectly fine for a late evening dinner and prices weren't too out of kilter with a normal restaurant in the city itself .there is a 10% "member discount" too, which was unexpected)

As an airport with hotels, Narita is a bit of a pain as this is the only chain hotel, but it really isn't that convenient either, particularly if like us you missed the bus by 25 minutes.

tobegold Apr 9, 2024 10:08 am

Originally Posted by littlevoices (Post 36146684)
As an airport with hotels, Narita is a bit of a pain as this is the only chain hotel, but it really isn't that convenient either, particularly if like us you missed the bus by 25 minutes.

There is the Crowne Plaza at the airport plus some Japanese chain hotels (Nikko, APA, Tokyu etc).