FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/562834-hilton-tokyo-narita-airport-jpn.html)

Chiangi Apr 4, 2002 4:49 am

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

I don't know the official date of opening but it is accepting reservation.

Sorry if this has been discussed. Did a search, though.

Teeejay Apr 4, 2002 10:09 pm

where is located? how close is it to the airport? is it replacing an existing hotel or is it a new hotel?

Dr,Lion Apr 5, 2002 4:46 am

It's located in 10 minutes by their shutle bus from Narita. It's ex Rhiga-Royal-Hotel Narita. You can stay from 7000yen for their opening rate(Take-off plan) til last of May. There aren't Exe-floor right now. These links are only written in Japanese, but you'll find some pictures of the hotel.

standard 25m2
deluxe 35m2
Jr. suite 50m2

http://www.hilton.co.jp/Japan/HiltonNarita/hotel.asp
http://www.hilton.co.jp/Japan/Hilton...ooms_Index.asp

mach92 Apr 5, 2002 12:07 pm

It is a nice hotel. Great spa downstairs and they have great rooms. United,FEDEX,Continential and a few other airline's pilots layover here. There is a lobby bar thats great. With so many airline crews there you feel like your back in the states.

LarryU Apr 6, 2002 3:12 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dr,Lion:
It's located in 10 minutes by their shutle bus from Narita. It's ex Rhiga-Royal-Hotel Narita. You can stay from 7000yen for their opening rate(Take-off plan) til last of May. </font>
Is there any way to obtain the special 7000yen rate on line or does this necessitate a call to Hilton reservations? I poked around the English web pages a bit and could not find a similar rate.

Chiangi Apr 7, 2002 11:24 am

LarryU, the Japanese web site says five rooms are available per day for that 7,000 yen rate. I would guess it is offered only through the hotel's reservation, rather than through the central reservation. I would call the hotel directly.

Andrew Yiu Jun 15, 2002 2:25 am

Hilton Tokyo Airport

Nothing came up on the Hilton Airport on the search.

Anyone stayed at the NRT Airport Hilton before? I might be staying there for one night next week as they have a pretty decent rate (13600 Yen). Using that to pick up one of the four stays required for the 50K as well.

The downtown Hilton is showing rates of 24000 Yen and the Hilton Tokyo Bay is showing 14000 Yen.

I don't mind taking the train to/from downtown. Any recommendations on which of the three is the best?

monahos Jun 15, 2002 8:18 am

Re-bonjour Empress,

The Narita Hilton just became a Hilton, explaining the dearth of posts:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003934.html

I would pick the Narita Hilton for convenience, and the Tokyo Bay Hilton for relaxation.

The Shinjuku Hilton will be worth the extra Y10,000 only if your flight leaves later in the day. Tokyo closes down at midnight for all practical purposes, and a morning flight entails leaving Shinjuku after an early breakfast (about 90 min./U$35 by Narita Express, from the faraway 'New South Exit').

captainkenta Jun 15, 2002 11:08 am

I think NRT hilton is convenient for transit or & short stay.
NRT hilton offers about \6000 per room on the japanese hilton web page.
(\3000 per room for airline crew)

Hilton Tokyobay is nice hotel near Tokyo Disney Resort.
So..a lot of children stay there and little annoying,therefore not fit for biz traveler.
It takes 40min-1h from NRT by bus,but they have no frequency.

Hilton tokyo(shinjuku) is very nice but very far from NRT(it takes 1-3h from NRT by bus and 1.5h by LtdEXP train)

[This message has been edited by captainkenta (edited 06-15-2002).]

Andrew Yiu Jun 15, 2002 11:20 am

Thanks guys.

captainkenta, I assume you read Japanese since you live in Japan, can you help me decode the Japan site reservation page for the Narita Hilton? I can see the rate which seems very good but can't understand any of it.

http://www.hilton.co.jp/Japan/Hilton...ion.asp?TYPE=R

Thanks a lot!

Andrew Yiu Jun 15, 2002 11:55 am

Are those Japan resident only rates or can I get them by calling the hotel? [No way i know how to fill the reservation page and understand the rates.] The Hilton.com rates are double.

Hope someone who understands Japanese can help out. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

monahos Jun 15, 2002 3:45 pm

It doesn't specifically say it is for Japanese residents only, but the language barrier effectively makes it so. The Sheraton Yokohama similarly sells rooms listed as singles on spg.com as suitable for couples on its Japanese website...

Apart from the 'Welcome to Hilton' rate, there is no mention of those rates being Internet specials.

I would try calling. If they don't give you the rate you want, politely hang up and go to the japanese website with the help of http://babelfish.altavista.com/ , which now has (limited) Japanese functionality (full paragraphs come out funny, but inputting single words and using creative grammar, one can understand most sentences).

When you do get to the booking form (second orange button from the right on the rate descriptions), you are asked:
- date
- number of rooms
- number of guests

Next screen is for personal data:
* first box: rate confirmation
* 2nd box: sign-in for Hilton Online Network members (skip)
* 3rd box: data for non-members. Enter:
- surname/name in Chinese characters http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif
- surname/name in hiragana (try roman characters)
- email address (twice)
- phone number
*the above fields are required*
- zip code
- street address
- check HH level in blue box (basic &gt;...&gt; diamond)
- enter HH number

Last box: optional info
- arrival time
- arrival by private car or public transp.
- contact by phone or email
- check for non-smoking room

All of the rates listed are applicable, but may not be available. Start by the lowest and work your way up if your date is not available.

FYI, there is a Y4,200 rate until the end of June, which may be available if you call them at 9pm on the day of arrival.

PS. to see how their booking form looks like, try the lowest rate before 6/20. Later dates yield a 'not available' answer.

captainkenta Jun 15, 2002 10:13 pm

You got a mail!

Andrew Yiu Jun 15, 2002 10:22 pm

Wow thanks monahos! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

I love that translation website you posted. Makes things a lot easier along with your detailed explanation. Thanks again!

Andrew Yiu Jun 15, 2002 10:24 pm

Thanks captainkenta. Just got your mail. I'll try all your suggestions and see whether I can get that cheap rate. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

MikeFly Aug 3, 2002 7:15 pm

Any new experiences with Hilton NRT?

I have read the past posts on the NRT Hilton. Has anyone stayed there recently (within the last 2 months)? If yes, what was your experience like?

Andrew Yiu Aug 3, 2002 11:47 pm

Stayed there back in June.

Staff were very friendly. Upon check-in and seeing that I was a Gold member, the front desk agent took me to a seperate desk and sat me down to check me in there. He asked whether I needed anything during the stay and asked me what time I wanted to get up and check out. They didn't even take my credit card number during the entire check-in process. They then took me all the way up to my room. They discourage tipping as 10% service charge is already added to the bill.

There's no executive floor and lounge at this hotel. I was given a corner room on the top floor.

Breakfast coupon was given without asking. The coupon was only good for continental breakfast but when I got to the restaurant, I was told to just help myself to the buffet breakfast (which was VERY good - western and japanese style.)

If you are staying in the airport area, I highly recommend this hotel.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions!

quoxton Aug 4, 2002 10:05 am

Hilton Narita

I have an reward stay booked at the Hilton Narita, and would most appreciate any feedback regarding: (1) the quality of the hotel generally; and (2) whether I am likely to get an upgraded room (I'm Hilton Gold). Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Tennen Dec 14, 2002 5:51 pm

Any updates on Hilton NRT?

I just checked some of the older threads on the Narita property, and I was wondering if anyone had some more recent experiences.

I heard that you get an upgrade to the top floor and continental breakfast. Is there anything else I should know? How are the bar/lounges? Do you get drink vouchers? Thanks for the help!

aleph08 Dec 14, 2002 9:44 pm

Hiya, I just stayed there last week before a flight. It's my third stay this year and for the first time, when I presented my HHonors Gold card at check-in, I've been told to go to the desk opposite to the front desk where a manager arranaged for my check-in. There is no executive floor so they sort of 'upgrade' you on the top 12th floor, and give you a "continental breakfast coupon" and a "drink coupon". There is a buffet served at the restaurant on the Ground Floor and it turns out that everytime I ask them if there is anything I cannot eat in the buffet (because it specifically says "continental"), I am being told to eat anything. So I had fried eggs and all.

They give you a key card with a red "H" letter stamped which allows you to go to the swimming pool and fitness center in the basement.

The room is small, I would say, smaller than the rooms I get at the Holiday Inn closer to the airport. But then again, I am only staying there for the night and leaving early in the morning so it does not really matter. You get CNN, BBC World and other English TV channels such as Discovery Channel.

I always seem to get the room overlooking the hotel entrance, not the airport and I believe that since the building is in half circle, the rooms on the other side should be slightly larger (the ones with two beds, I believe). But with the same reasons as stated above, it does not make such a big difference to me.

I cannot tell you about drink coupons because I haven't used them. The cakes and bread at the same restaurant on the GF get a 50% discount from 9pm to 10pm for takeaway.

Is there anything else you wish to know?

thezipper Dec 14, 2002 10:11 pm

As a side note, an award at this hotel is currently 20K HHonors points. When the new rules start in June, it will be reduced to 10K per night. Good for a place to stay on mileage runs.

Tennen Dec 14, 2002 10:23 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm planning to use them prior to my morning flight, so I'll probably take advantage of the health club, drinks, 1/2 off takeout breads, and the breakfast.

Is access convenient by train? I'll take JR to the hotel, as my place is very far (like everyone else) from the airport. It's my third ever morning flight from NRT, hence the need to stay close to the airport.

In any case, it sounds like a decent property. I'm not sure I'd spend 20k or even 10k for an airport hotel, though. $70 seems reasonable to me.

Andrew Yiu Dec 14, 2002 10:44 pm

Yes, although the coupon that they give you saids 'continental breakfast', they've also told me just to help myself with the buffet breakfast. The breakfast is pretty good

There's a free shuttle to the airport and Narita Station. So if you're taking the train, you can get off there and just take the shuttle bus to the hotel.

aleph08 Dec 14, 2002 11:20 pm

Shuttle bus is more frequent from the airport than from the station. I would suggest you go all the way to the airport then take their shuttle bus (in front of bus stop 14 at Terminal 1, in front of bus stop 26 at Terminal 2). The shuttle bus serves Narita Hilton and Narita Excel Tokyu Hotel.

The following link is in Japanese but gives you the shuttle bus timetable (the first one is to/from Airport, the second one to/from Keisei Narita Station).

http://www.hilton.co.jp/Japan/Hilton...cess_Index.asp

SPN Lifer Dec 14, 2002 11:36 pm

I spent a night there in mid October and mid November on my way back to SPN from the U.S. mainland. The first time was with my wife and two sons (8 and 9) and the second time without the boys.

It seems all NRT rooms are small by western standards at both the Radisson (where NW provides a free room if connecting to or from SPN) and the Hilton. But I have no complaint. In 20 stays at both over the past ten years, I've always found the rooms immaculately clean.

The TV seems standard at all NRT hotels.

I really like the Japanese-style high velocity hose showers, and the green tea bags in the rooms. The Hilton has those automated toilets that clean you with jets of warm water (female and unisex buttons). Controls to the aircon/ heat and radio are by the bed.

All hotel shuttle buses serve NRT Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. From Terminal 1, you cross the street after clearing customs, and follow the covered walkway to the last row of bus pick-up lanes, #14.

There are lots of nice pathways and lanes nearby for walking in the local forests, rice fields, and countryside if you are so inclined.

When I tried to make an online reservation at the Hilton for two adults and two children, the system would always say no such rooms were available.

I keep in my ticket wallet a copy of the HiltonHHonors terms and conditions page that says spouses stay free (except at Hamptons), but I have never noticed a difference in price at the NRT Hilton with one or two persons, so I just list two.

I figured if I had to, my kids would sleep on the floor, but no one ever called me on it. The beds are best characterized as double beds. A bit of a tight fit for two adults, but good for marital togetherness, particularly on a cold night with two people more accustomed to tropical climes.

On both recent stays I was on the outer part of the semicircle, looking northeast toward the forest and ocean, with some wonderful views of incoming aircraft, but just too far counterclockwise (west of the elevators) to see the runway itself.

In my November stay I had just completed my CNTU Gold, my first stay in that status. Nevertheless, I was not put on what has been referred to as the "top floor". [The very top floor is actually restaurants and meeting rooms.]

However, my room reeked of smoke, and I immediately called down to the front desk and they reassigned me up to the highest floor, a few rooms up. I found no difference whatsoever, but maybe I wasn't observant enough. OK, the top floor did have different carpeting and seemed to have been renovated more recently.

I have had the "smoking problem" on Guam, too, a U.S. territory where most of the tourists are from Japan. If I recall correctly, the reservation is only a "request" for a nonsmoking room.

So I would definitely mention and emphasize the nonsmoking preference if that is important to you.

On previous stays I had always subsisted on snacks and drinks from my arriving flight or an airport lounge, so the coupons for the breakfast buffet were extremely welcome.

It is a wonderfully delicious breakfast buffet, and you can eat as much as you want of whatever you choose (no limit to solely "continental" breakfast items), with as many trips or plates to the serving lines. Just don't "lose" your silverware. I usually go for the more healthy Japanese food, but there is plenty available for western tastes.

[If you stay at the Radisson courtesy of NW, you get free breakfast vouchers too, plus other meals eastbound.]

The custom at both Hilton and Radisson is for you or the waiter to put your voucher into a little napkin-ring-like holder on your table, and then bring that with you to present to the cashier as your form of payment when leaving the dining area.

I am on the thrify side, but I think the hotel is well worth the almost $150 I paid. Definitely a good location for a mileage run, and closer to the airport than the Radisson. As noted by a previous poster, the Holiday Inn is even closer, and looks good from the outside. I've never stayed there.

The NRT Hilton does sell out, so I may stay at HI someday. If it sells out on my outbound, I simply catch the 0430 SPN-GUM flight, connecting to a 0930 NRT arrival, and hang out at NRT airport lounges for six hours, avoiding the need to overnight on the outbound.

Returning to Guam, you can avoid a night in NRT by leaving at 2000, arriving around 0100 on GUM, but there is no connection to SPN until 0600.

I didn't know about the drink coupons for Gold HHonors members.

Where are they redeemed?

Tennen Dec 15, 2002 11:23 pm

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll take the train to the airport or JR Narita station, depending on the arrival time of the train I take. It's only a 5 min walk from the JR station to the Keisei station (and the shuttle), so that may be more convenient, but we'll see how it turns out.

I sent the hotel an email asking about Gold benefits, and here's some of the responses (translated, of course):
1) Upgraded room is based on availability (as always)
2) Complimentary Health Club access
3) No lounge, no drinks, and get this - NO BREAKFAST http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eek.gif

I guess I'll bring my benefits guide and a web printout just in case. But, based on all your responses, it looks like it should be ok.

[This message has been edited by Tennen (edited 12-15-2002).]

sphere Dec 18, 2002 1:42 am

I'm HH Gold and stayed there in June. I was upgraded to 12th floor, but didn't get breakfast. Maybe it's because I was on a deeply discounted rate (about $55 including tax, from http://www.ikyu.com

[This message has been edited by sphere (edited 12-18-2002).]

Andrew Yiu Dec 18, 2002 1:48 am

My stay was also in June. I got the breakfast coupon as Gold. The reservation was made directly on Hilton's Japanese website.

Tommy1 Dec 18, 2002 4:34 am

I stayed there in October, on an award as a HH Gold.
I was also offered to check in at the Assistant Manager desk, and was
upgraded to a called-deluxe room on the top - 12F floor.
The deluxe rooms are small, but the standard rooms are more smaller
and facing the forest (= no view).

1) Upgrade is based on availability at time of check in, however an upgrade
looks pre-assigned, because when I phoned in the morning before arriving,
they told me that I will get a deluxe room on the top floor.
(Award stays are normally good for standard rooms.)

2)As a Gold, I got "Continental Breakfast coupons" , however I was offered
a full American buffet breakfast.

3)Free unlimited access to the health club.

4)No drink coupons offered. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/redface.gif

hbcsc153 Mar 22, 2003 11:57 pm

Narita Hilton on HHonors Points

Hello!

I have no status in HHonors, and will be redeeming points to stay at the Narita Hilton in May and Jun for an overnight stay (between flights). Any idea as to what would be included in the reservation?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Emil

thezipper Mar 23, 2003 12:14 am

Just the room... I had a stay there in December and it's a nice hotel, the old Rhiga, but nothing special. No real upgrade as there is no exec floor and they didnt give me any of the suites they have. As a Gold, got breakfast coupons... there is a shuttle to/from the airport.

davistev Mar 23, 2003 6:51 am

What dates were you able to get? I have been looking for June 29th and get no availability using the Hack method.

SHADO Mar 23, 2003 8:55 am

Is there a FAMILY MART or 7-11 store near the area of the Hilton NRT?? That would be very important if I decided to stay there.

[This message has been edited by SHADO (edited 03-23-2003).]

JAP Mar 23, 2003 9:29 am

The hotel should (?) also have a free shuttle to Narita town (same one as airport shuttle ?). If so, then there is any number of 7-11 type supermarkets, McDonalds, KFCs etc

I stayed in an airport Hotel recently, and got their shuttle into Narita (15 mins or so) and really enjoyed the town - sights, temples, pubs, etc. etc.

hbcsc153 Mar 23, 2003 1:29 pm

davistev:

I booked a room for the night of 27th/28th of May, and also 22nd/23rd of Jun. a few days ago.

Emil

thezipper Mar 23, 2003 11:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by davistev:
What dates were you able to get? I have been looking for June 29th and get no availability using the Hack method.</font>
Dont rely on the "hack" method for some overseas hotels. I couldnt find any availability using this for the Hilton Paris, but when I called, they did have availability. Also...good news for you! After June 1, the Hilton Narita is 10K points per day vs. the 20K now.

thezipper Mar 23, 2003 11:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SHADO:
Is there a FAMILY MART or 7-11 store near the area of the Hilton NRT?? That would be very important if I decided to stay there.
</font>
I'd recommend getting something at Narita Airport from the various stores there before you went to the hotel. There is nothing nearby. You can take the shuttle to Narita Stattion, but thats a hassle if you asked me.

I noticed that Qantas and (I think) China Air and other air crews overnight there, so they may give you some suggestions.

hbcsc153 Mar 23, 2003 11:21 pm

thezipper:

Thanks for the info about the 20K vs 10K after Jun 1st. I made two reservations using HHonors for the night of May 27th and Jun 22nd. I was charged 20K each. Planning on calling them in the morning to check what is going on.

Emil

chazas Mar 24, 2003 6:28 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hbcsc153:
thezipper:

Thanks for the info about the 20K vs 10K after Jun 1st. I made two reservations using HHonors for the night of May 27th and Jun 22nd. I was charged 20K each. Planning on calling them in the morning to check what is going on.
</font>
I made a reservation for September a couple of months ago. I was told to call back after June 1 and have the reservation revised to reflect the new point level. I don't think they can make reservations with the new point levels until after that date. This is the opposite problem than most people have for the new point requirements . . .

Let us know if you find out anything different.

davistev Jun 5, 2003 6:15 am

TheZipper,

I did what you said and sure enough I got the night I wanted for 20K. I called back today and they redeposited my 20K and issued a 10K certificate.

Thanks to you - I got my res and saved 10K.

Thanks.