Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2001, 3:59 pm

Originally posted by hnechets:
Also, some corporations have (or used to have, anyway) deals with Hilton where their employees automatically got gold status. Be sure to check on this, it won't hurt.
True. As an example,

"Special offer for Lucent travelers. Plus, as a Lucent traveler, you are eligible for Fast Track to HHonors VIP status. Just enroll in Hilton HHonors and have two qualifying stays within 90 days of enrolling to earn HHonors Silver VIP status, or stay four times within the same period to earn Gold VIP status."
http://www.hilton.com/hhonors/corp/lucent.html
Old Mar 5, 2001, 6:54 pm

Yes, it is the same promo that OnTheRoad mentioned. It actually came in my Continental Silver Elite package. More details: "Because you are one of OnePass' most valued customers, Hilton HHonors invites you to get on the Fast Track to HHonors VIP membership. Enroll by February 28, 2002, and you can earn HHonors Silver VIP membership after only two qualifying stays within 90 days of joining HHonors, and HHonors Gold VIP membership after only four qualifying stays during the same period. ... to enroll in HHonors and take advantage of the Fast Track to VIP, call 1-800-HHonors from the US. From outside the US, call the Hilton Reservations Worldwide office nearest you. If you are already an HHonors member and would like to take advantage of this special offer, call the HHonors Customer Service Center nearest you: US and Canada, 1-800-548-8690; Asia/Pacific (including Australia) (65) 295-9023; Japan 0120-404088; U.K. 0345 HONORS; Europe +44 990 HONORS. You must request code COE2 ... "

This offer is not nearly as good as the last one, but being gold is good anyway. Note that it does not say you have to be a OnePass member. Hope this helps and from what I have read, maybe we will get lucky and get the 50,000 point offer later in the year!

[This message has been edited by CozumelJen (edited 03-05-2001).]
Old Mar 5, 2001, 7:14 pm

Originally posted by CozumelJen:
Yes, it is the same promo that OnTheRoad mentioned. It actually came in my Continental Silver Elite package. More details: "Because you are one of OnePass' most valued customers, Hilton HHonors invites you to get on the Fast Track to HHonors VIP membership. Enroll by February 28, 2002, and you can earn HHonors Silver VIP membership after only two qualifying stays within 90 days of joining HHonors, and HHonors Gold VIP membership after only four qualifying stays during the same period. ... to enroll in HHonors and take advantage of the Fast Track to VIP, call 1-800-HHonors from the US. From outside the US, call the Hilton Reservations Worldwide office nearest you. If you are already an HHonors member and would like to take advantage of this special offer, call the HHonors Customer Service Center nearest you: US and Canada, 1-800-548-8690; Asia/Pacific (including Australia) (65) 295-9023; Japan 0120-404088; U.K. 0345 HONORS; Europe +44 990 HONORS. You must request code COE2 ... "

This offer is not nearly as good as the last one, but being gold is good anyway. Note that it does not say you have to be a OnePass member. Hope this helps and from what I have read, maybe we will get lucky and get the 50,000 point offer later in the year!

[This message has been edited by CozumelJen (edited 03-05-2001).]
There is an indentical fast track to Gold offer in my 2001 Northwest elite guidebook. The promotion code is NWE3.
Old Mar 5, 2001, 10:15 pm

There also is a somewhat identical offer in 2001 AAdvantage Platinum Membership Guide, which reads...

Hilton HHonors
VIP Membership Offer
  • Enroll in Hilton HHonors by calling 1-800-HHONORS from the U.S. and Canada and request Origin Code AAS3, and you'll automatically be enrolled as an HHonors Silver VIP. Plus, if you have just four qualifying stays within 90 days of enrolling, you will earn HHonors Gold VIP status. From outside the U.S. and Canada, call the Hilton Reservations Worldwide office nearest you
  • If you're already an HHonors member, but would like this special offer, call the HHonors Customer Service Center at 1-800-548-8690 and request Promotion Code AAS3. From outside the U.S. and Canada, call 1-800-449-4155 (not a toll-free call).

Subject to availability. Some blackout dates may apply.
Old Mar 6, 2001, 10:22 am
Suspended

was told yesterday that the DCDT ended on 2/28.
Old Mar 17, 2001, 10:41 pm

Whats the fastest way to get to gold? Tips Please,

I'm a Hyatt Diamon and want to get to Gold faster then the stays.I called Hilton and they said "no way" to a tier swich. They didn't offer a Gold either Soneone want to help them get some business? Is there another way or number? What about a Credit card offer? Thanks
Old Mar 17, 2001, 10:45 pm
DOC 2 BE

Others have reported comping. I suggest you call and speak to another agent.

My question to you is this: Where were you when the Conquest promos were current and all you has to do was call and get the comp to Gold, and if you stayed 4 times, you would have 50,000 HHonors pooints to boot??!!

Old Mar 18, 2001, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I don't know a fast way to Gold now that the Fast Track option is over. But to get Silver you can get the fee-free Citibank Hilton HHonors Visa. You get 2 points per $ and 3 pts on $ at Hilton. Not the richest of offers but it is fee-free so I have it as my second card after my Citi AAdvantage MasterCard.

The URL for more info is www.hhonorscard.com

------------------
I wish I were 1,000 miles away
Old Mar 19, 2001, 10:30 am

You can get to be gold in just four stays with code COE2 or others mentioned here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/001389.html

This is the same number of stays required by the Fast Track to Gold program, less the 50,000 points! Want more points? Consider attending a time share presentation (I am) check out www.hgvc.com for more info.
Old Mar 22, 2001, 10:10 pm

GOT IT! Thank-you
Old Apr 3, 2001, 5:15 pm

Fast track to gold promotion / THANKS!!

I wanted to thank all of those who posted messages about this promotion. I wasn't previously aware of it, but was able to sign up, and have already gotten 3 stays. They even gave me bonuus points and credit for a stay I had in December, which was before I even registered.
The points I earned will take care of my vacation, hotel needs for quite a while. Thanks again to all who posted!!
Sleepy
Old Apr 4, 2001, 3:54 pm

Sleepy
Welcome to the board and hello from another Triad Resident.
Cindi
Old Apr 4, 2001, 7:42 pm

Thanks, Cindi!!
This seems to be a great place for exchanging information, and having so many road warriors posting offers a lot more information than other sites I've seen.

I wanted to add something to the discussion about the gold level that's been going on.

I'm not sure, but it may be Hilton is trying to keep up with Starwood on the Gold status. I was signed up for Starwood gold status last summer, just because I had an American Express Optima card. (And it was a HILTON Optima card.)LOL
Also, I have my doubts that the increase in Gold members is going to put a severe damper on room availability. After all, it takes 100,000 points for three free nights at a premium resort, at standard redemption rates, and most of the nice properties are "premium" resorts. I would think the four stays it takes to get the bonus would be more detrimental to finding a room. I also noticed that the point stretcher rewards have gotten more expensive this year, so it takes more points to get a room. This should also take up a lot of the extra points floating around.
I suspect they planned it to be a wash, points-wise, but to generate a lot more Hilton hotel stays at Starwood's expense.

Sleepy
Old Apr 18, 2001, 8:32 am

Cheap qualifying stays for Fast Track to Gold!

Does anyone know of the cheapest qualifying stays for Fast Track to Gold?

The thread below isn't current so I thought I would revive it.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000963.html

Mike
Old Apr 19, 2001, 9:36 am

Didnt want to start another discussion topic so I figured since it is related .... when does this fasttrack to Gold have to be completed by? I have seen some conflicting dates out there. Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.