Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2006, 4:56 pm

Programs: Membership has its benefits, or so I am told.
hmm

ok now this is annoying, isn't it...mine said 4 stays by end of june...i called and yes i do qualify, and yes reward stays count towards the 4 (i have no business travel before end of month) and there is quiet, if boring level 1 hampton near where i live, so blow 40k points and have gold for the year when i am doing a lot of work travel seems reasonable. i did a screen shot print out, but i don't remember getting any targeted email and no where on the HH site is there anything about how to sign up for the fast track offer...

another annoying thing is first time i called, yes reward stays counted...2nd time i called (after reading this thead), yes I qualified but no, reward stays didn't count, 3rd time i called, yes i qualified and YES reward stays counted....i am almost scared to call and ask if i can GIVE a reward to someone and let them stay, and will it count....anyone here have any thoughts on if i give a reward cert. to my sister....hold the res on my credit cad, put her name and mine in the reservation...will it count towards 1 of my 4 stays

thanks
ITTIA
Old Jun 9, 2006, 5:31 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by ITravelThereforeIam
ok now this is annoying, isn't it...mine said 4 stays by end of june...i called and yes i do qualify, and yes reward stays count towards the 4 (i have no business travel before end of month) and there is quiet, if boring level 1 hampton near where i live, so blow 40k points and have gold for the year when i am doing a lot of work travel seems reasonable. i did a screen shot print out, but i don't remember getting any targeted email and no where on the HH site is there anything about how to sign up for the fast track offer...

another annoying thing is first time i called, yes reward stays counted...2nd time i called (after reading this thead), yes I qualified but no, reward stays didn't count, 3rd time i called, yes i qualified and YES reward stays counted....i am almost scared to call and ask if i can GIVE a reward to someone and let them stay, and will it count....anyone here have any thoughts on if i give a reward cert. to my sister....hold the res on my credit cad, put her name and mine in the reservation...will it count towards 1 of my 4 stays

thanks
ITTIA
If you make a reward reservation for your sister, she will get the stay credit.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 3:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, WN CP, Marriott PP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dweeb
I also had a Gold Fast Track offer on my VIP tier status bar, current silver. I needed four stays between April and the end of May. I completed three stays in May, and it then disappeared. I called CS and they told me the exact thing. They have no record of a "fast track offer" and that I must have been mistaken.

I mentioned to them that I was not mistaken, and that with a bait and switch like that, there is no way that I will attemp to stay at another Hilton property. I did have one more stay reserved for that weekend. I told them that I wished to cancel that reservation. The CS then stated to me that I should keep my reservation and contact them after the stay, and they would manually update the status to Gold.

I did complete the stay,which was last weekend, but the stay has not been recorded on their site yet. When it does, I will be calling them back to see if they will honor their word. If not, I will not be staying with them unless I absolutely have to. I will easily make MR Plat this year and just wanted to have a back-up status in another program.
Hopefully all will work out.
All did work out as Hilton did give me Gold Status through 4-07. I have been enjoying the benfits of Gold with an additional three stays this month. I am sure that this is/was a win-win situation for both Hilton and myself. I am sure I will "earn" my status as Gold if not Diamond by the end of the year.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 5:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, US Gold
Exclamation Hilton Web Site / FastTrack problems

I had a co-worker who had this happen to him, and he spent about an hour (!) on the phone arguing with Hilton until they relented and gave him his gold. What he discovered was:

1. When you open the HHonors Amex, you get an automatic FastTrack to Gold offer which is good for exactly 90 days from when you open the Amex account. Thus, if you open an Amex on January 15, you have until around April 15 to complete 4 stays.

2. The Hilton web site does not properly display the Amex FastTrack offers - in the above example, the website would indicate that the fast track stays need to be completed by the end of April.

3. On April 16, the end of the 90-day period, the FastTrack offer will disappear from your account (!!), and any stays between April 16 and the end of the month will not count towards the fast track offer!

4. Hilton's website cannot properly display the FastTrack offer, and is misleading a the expense of HHonors members. However, if you get caught in this trap, you can call Hilton (be firm but polite) and eventually you will get the FastTrack offer credited.

The tack my co-worker used was "Okay, my account now says that I have to complete 4 stays by the end of November 2006 to get gold. Is that really October 3rd? October 19th? November 12th? Should I assume that any date listed on the web site is a myth?", etc.

Obviously, this is a major problem with the web site that Hilton needs to deal with!!
Old Jun 25, 2006, 8:04 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Good post ZeLonewolf. I have one question based on this.
What is the expiration of the Amex fast track Gold Status. If this is done in say August will the status go beyond April 07?
Old Jun 28, 2006, 7:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, US Gold
Originally Posted by tenmoc
Good post ZeLonewolf. I have one question based on this.
What is the expiration of the Amex fast track Gold Status. If this is done in say August will the status go beyond April 07?
I don't know, that's a good question. Hopefully long enough for me to spend $10k on the card! I assume it's good for a year...
Old Aug 3, 2006, 5:54 am

Is Fast Track still available (and how to obtain)?

I've just started travelling and joined the HH program as there are good properties in the cities I will be frequenting most.

Reading through FT, I keep coming accross references to fast tracking to Gold.

Is that program still available, and how does one "join"?
Old Aug 3, 2006, 6:20 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, UA Prem. Ex., AAdvantage Gold
Hello Trina,
From what I have learned, they either target you or you may just simply ask for it if you have a valid reason. You have to play around with them for a little bit, trial and error, I spoke with five people at HHonors before I found one that would bite.
That is my experience, I am sure other members have their own ways and ideas.

-Tom
Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I would contact HH and discuss what you want and why you want it. If you're already in the "elite" tier of a competing program, that will help your case.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:31 am

Programs: UA, AA, HH, Hyatt, SPG, MR.
Best way to do this would be to get the HH Amex. I hear they put you on a fast track to gold from that. Not sure if it is spending based or 4 stays in 90 days.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:58 am

Programs: ROP G, QR G
Originally Posted by Amtrak207
Hello Trina,
You have to play around with them for a little bit, trial and error, I spoke with five people at HHonors before I found one that would bite.
Do you mean we can try and call the London office, than the HKG office if it doesn't work, than the Pareis one, etc... ?

Besides can the fast track be retroactive? like can you use your last month stays when they acept it? Asking as I could be staying up to 4 times in Hilton residences (and very likely two times) over the next month and would like to take profit of that.

Cheers
Luis

PS: as i'm reading that diamond members do sometimes have problems getting upgrade and lounge access, how is it for Gold members?? much worse?
Besides how do those upgrades work if you're booking suites? what kind of upgrade/perks can one hope for?
Old Aug 3, 2006, 12:01 pm

I've gone ahead and emailed a request. Basically, I'm chosing what family of properties I'm going to be staying at a lot - and their approval of this would pretty much seal the deal.

(For fans of the starwood program, there just aren't as many choices where I'm going to be.)
Old Aug 6, 2006, 4:02 am

Programs: ROP G, QR G
I mailed both the european and the asia pacific offices to ask that fast track contract and got a reply after one or two days only. Glascow said basicaly "cannot do" and asian office "4 stays before the 31st of October will get u gold" . Fine. Now I checked on the net to book one 5 days stay in Colombo Hilton Residence and Hilton website rates are way above other websites', how can they promise the best rates on the Hilton site??? Are stays booked through other websites also qualifying stays? (it's not an opaque process AFAIK )
Old Aug 6, 2006, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by luisparis
I mailed both the european and the asia pacific offices to ask that fast track contract and got a reply after one or two days only. Glascow said basicaly "cannot do" and asian office "4 stays before the 31st of October will get u gold" . Fine. Now I checked on the net to book one 5 days stay in Colombo Hilton Residence and Hilton website rates are way above other websites', how can they promise the best rates on the Hilton site??? Are stays booked through other websites also qualifying stays? (it's not an opaque process AFAIK )
What is the email for the Asian site? Will it matter that I don't have any asian stays in my history? (Or my immediate future for that matter?)
Old Aug 6, 2006, 7:27 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by luisparis
asian office "4 stays before the 31st of October will get u gold" . Fine. Now I checked on the net to book one 5 days stay in Colombo
I'm sure you know this, but just so there's no confusion, one five day stay is NOT the same as 4 stays and will not meet the4 terms of your fast track offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.