Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Anatole {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 10:16 am

Maybe a bit over the top reaction to not being upgraded but one reason I do not stay at the Anatole anymore myself. The Anatole is an enormous property, never full and the upgrades are few and far between. They are also notorious nickel and dimers with outrageous fees for self service parking. They also have two very distinct locations - the Tower vs. The Atrium. The Atrium is awful so I always go for The Tower rooms. However, since last year there is no designation when reserving a room to choose either Tower or Atrium as in the past. I've spoken with the front desk and management several times about this and their suggestion is to add "Tower Room please" into the notes. Nobody seems to know why this has changed as believe you me there is a distinct dropoff between The Atrium and The Tower rooms. Oh well whatever, I've since moved on to The Westin or the W when I am in Dallas for these very reasons. The Anatole is fading fast, their only saving grace is the incredible gym that is free for Diamonds - check out the Eucalyptus steam room when there.
Old May 12, 2015, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by DrSimi
They are also notorious nickel and dimers with outrageous fees for self service parking.
Yep, this is why I've never stayed at this property. When I'm in Dallas, it's for work, and I've been conscious of expenses. I end up staying at one of the Galleria-area properties instead.
Old May 12, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by RogerD408
There have been several posts of the FDC commenting about an upgrade being given when in fact it hasn't. I think this is more when they see anything beyond a basic room being offered and not checking what was reserved before making comment and not so much an outright lie. There are times I feel if I do anything to break their spiel it will just put them into a tailspin (not that I let that stop me).

Yes, it's frustrating when we have to step in to get what the program calls for. Gentle reminders when checking in works the best for me. Working it out with the property at the time is the best way to resolve the issue. It is nice to know ahead of time is a particular property has a tougher time doing upgrades, but more importantly knowing those that refuse to do upgrades is also important.
Yes, I've had it happen, too. At the Hilton SF Financial District I booked a room on the executive floor. At the time of booking that property had a lot of different rooms available, including executive floor rooms on the top floor. Each room category had a slightly different description. There was even a category for the top floor (executive with balcony), which I booked.

At check in the agent informed me that I had been upgraded to an executive floor. I informed her that I had booked an executive room, which she then confirmed. I then said that I actually booked a top floor room, but she said her system didn't show it. They are recently re-categorized the rooms and the top-floor rooms were included in the executive room category. Since my reservation only said "2 DBL BEDS EXEC FLOOR" they could put me anywhere on the executive floors, which are 24-27. And, the top floor was sold out. There are still rooms that say "Take in the bay or city views from the private balcony of this executive room on the top floor" in their description on the website. I'm pretty sure I got screwed, but I wasn't in the mood to fight.

If you book anything besides the base room, the front desk will think you were upgraded. I love when they include the "enjoy your upgrade" sticker with your keys.
Old May 12, 2015, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
I love when they include the "enjoy your upgrade" sticker with your keys.
Whoa, where have you encountered this? That would imply that a property or brand is giving out upgrades commonly enough to warrant printing stickers, which seems unlikely to me these days.
Old May 13, 2015, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Yes, I've had it happen, too. At the Hilton SF Financial District I booked a room on the executive floor. At the time of booking that property had a lot of different rooms available, including executive floor rooms on the top floor. Each room category had a slightly different description. There was even a category for the top floor (executive with balcony), which I booked.

At check in the agent informed me that I had been upgraded to an executive floor. I informed her that I had booked an executive room, which she then confirmed. I then said that I actually booked a top floor room, but she said her system didn't show it. They are recently re-categorized the rooms and the top-floor rooms were included in the executive room category. Since my reservation only said "2 DBL BEDS EXEC FLOOR" they could put me anywhere on the executive floors, which are 24-27. And, the top floor was sold out.
Do you have a copy of your reservation showing exactly what you booked? Presumably, the top floor cost a little more than the floors below it, so you should have received a refund for at least the difference.

I wonder what Hilton's policy is on a forced downgrade. Is that considered a walk?
Old May 14, 2015, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
Do you have a copy of your reservation showing exactly what you booked? Presumably, the top floor cost a little more than the floors below it, so you should have received a refund for at least the difference.

I wonder what Hilton's policy is on a forced downgrade. Is that considered a walk?
I do. It is what I put in quotes: "2 DBL BEDS EXEC FLOOR." The top floors apparently have balconies and cost $10 more/night. The only place it mentions it is on the top floor is in the description, not the name of the room category. The email doesn't include the room description, just the category.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Whoa, where have you encountered this? That would imply that a property or brand is giving out upgrades commonly enough to warrant printing stickers, which seems unlikely to me these days.
I can't remember but it is usually at like an ES or Hampton.
Old May 14, 2015, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I do. It is what I put in quotes: "2 DBL BEDS EXEC FLOOR." The top floors apparently have balconies and cost $10 more/night. The only place it mentions it is on the top floor is in the description, not the name of the room category. The email doesn't include the room description, just the category.
I guess it's necessary to take screen shots showing the type of room (to match with the rate, because your description doesn't include "WITH BALCONY"), and a screen shot of the room description. The email seems to indicate executive floor, not executive floor with balcony. Since they are different rates, that should provide proof of which you actually booked.
Old May 14, 2015, 5:16 pm

I can't remember but it is usually at like an ES or Hampton.
Yeah, that does sound like a Hampton-y thing to do, kinda like their cute-turned-creepy "freshly washed sheets" post-it note. What was in the sheets for the last 20 years then??!!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:56 am

Hilton Anatole Gold Status

We will be staying one night this weekend at Hilton Anatole in Dallas. Booked a standard room all with points (40,000) and have Gold Status. Questions are (1) can anyone confirm if the $25 resort fee will be waived since we booked a complete reward night full with points and (2) since we are Gold do we receive 2 vouchers for breakfast or resort credit for our one night stay. Also has anyone had any luck with automatic gold status room upgrade at this hotel?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:20 pm

Anyone confirm that the resort fee covers the self parking option at this hotel?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Commie
Anyone confirm that the resort fee covers the self parking option at this hotel?
We stayed on a points only stay recently and had the resort fee waived from our charges at checkout. Never charged for parking. No one said anything either.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:21 pm

Rewards Stays at Hilton Anatole have the resort fee included (as all Reward Stays on resorts). You don't have to pay anything at all but get all the benefits from the resort free: free parking, 2 coffees at the wannebe-Starbucks, entrance to Jadewaters, etc.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Stayed at this hotel twice, nice enough property but huge. Scored a sweet upgrade which was fantastic, but during a nasty thunderstorm the plaster ceiling collapsed while I was asleep. Most of it landed at the foot of my bed, had it landed near my head, I would likely have been killed. Some of the chunks were over 30 lbs. Hotel moved me to another room, and would only comp my drinks for the issue. I thought that was a little cheap, and in hindsight I should have made a bigger issue out of it. I was new to travel at the time, and frankly I didn't know better. This happened in 2004, and I refuse to ever visit again. Silly vendetta on my part, but it is what it is.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by sebseb
Rewards Stays at Hilton Anatole have the resort fee included (as all Reward Stays on resorts). You don't have to pay anything at all but get all the benefits from the resort free: free parking, 2 coffees at the wannebe-Starbucks, entrance to Jadewaters, etc.
^I was just pointing out the free parking also because I believe with some Hilton properties on total reward stays the resort fee is waived but you still have to pay for self parking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.