FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Anatole {US-TX} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/513095-hilton-anatole-us-tx.html)

A320 EOW Jan 10, 2006 3:50 pm

Hilton Anatole {US-TX}

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060110/20060110005307.html?.v=1

Press Release Source: Hilton Hotels, Suites & Resorts

Addition of Dallas' Landmark Anatole Hotel Kicks off the Year of the Reignited Hilton Brand
Tuesday January 10, 8:00 am ET

DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 10, 2006--Following a year in which the brand was reignited with major enhancements to amenities and facilities, Hilton is proud to announce that one of Dallas' leading hotels, the legendary Anatole Hotel, has joined its portfolio as the Hilton Anatole. As grand as Texas itself, the hotel's sweeping spaces, richly-adorned decor and modern amenities make it an ideal destination for business and leisure travel.

The Hilton Anatole is owned by Dallas-based Crow Holdings and managed by Hilton Hotels Corporation (NYSE:HLT - News). The hotel is set to receive a $30 million renovation over the next two years.

Hilton Reignition

The addition of the Hilton Anatole to the Hilton portfolio kicks off a year in which the Hilton brand is set to reach new heights with renewed marketing energy, significant hotel upgrades and enhancements, and a new advertising campaign, Travel should take you places(TM), which launches this month. Among the many product and amenity upgrades being implemented at the Hilton Anatole -- and across the brand -- are:

* Hilton Serenity Bed(TM) - The Hilton Serenity Bed, featuring Pacific Coast® down duvet and Super Topper mattress pads, Pacific Coast® Touch of Down pillows, high quality Hilton linens and decorative bed throws and bolster pillow.
* Hilton Serenity Bath(TM) - A Hilton exclusive, Crabtree & Evelyn's La Source bath amenities include shampoo, conditioner, lotion and mouthwash. In addition, custom-designed brushed and hammered stainless steel bath accessories will include an amenity tray, soap dish, tissue box cover, and trash can and will be integrated in all hotels by June 2006.
* Hilton Eat Right(TM) Menu - The Hilton Family of Hotels culinary team collaborated with Johnson & Wales University to develop Hilton Eat Right menu selections featuring more than 50 items that have been analyzed for high nutritional values and offer guests balance, variety and moderation in their food choices.
* Technology Features - The new Hilton Family custom-designed alarm clock is now available in all Hilton hotels, offering an easy-to-set alarm, stereo radio with pre-set stations, and a universal jack for MP3 or CD players. High-speed Internet access and remote secure printing are available from all guestrooms. New self-service business centers are being installed throughout the brand, with over 100 completed so far.

The Hilton portfolio of hotels has also received over $1 billion in renovations on behalf of Hilton Hotels Corporations and its hotel owners at 145 existing corporate-owned, managed and franchised hotels. The reignition of the Hilton brand will be reinforced to consumers in a new advertising campaign called Travel should take you places(TM). For the first time in more than 10 years, Hilton will have a television presence beginning on January 15 and print ads will run in USA Today and The Wall Street Journal the week of January 16. To bring the campaign to life, Hilton has licensed songs from hot, young artists, including "Life is Wonderful" by Jason Mraz, "High" by James Blunt, "Landed" by Ben Folds, "Nice Day" by Persephone's Bees, and "Wanna Fly" by Vassy. The emotional underscore of this music reinforces the ability of travel to serve as a trigger to the special moments in one's life.

"As consumers demand more from their hotel experience, Hilton is making a dedicated effort to deliver leading-edge service and amenities, and to add exceptional hotels like the Hilton Anatole to our portfolio," said Jeff Diskin, senior vice president, Hilton Brand Management. "We are proud to bring this prestigious property into the brand, which is being revitalized through improvements across the board in service, amenities and facilities."

Hilton Anatole Details

Situated on 45 acres near downtown Dallas, the Hilton Anatole is the largest convention hotel in the Southwest, with 341,000 square feet of technologically advanced meeting space. The hotel's 1,606 guestrooms feature a contemporary design with rich golds, exotic greens and bold blues with hints of Asian-inspired influences in the bedding, drapery, furniture and carpet. The bathrooms have granite floors and ceilings, and marble fixtures and accessories. The 1,606 guestrooms include 129 suites, four presidential suites, six grand presidential suites, 15 garden hospitality suites, 50 executive conference center suites and 50 tower suites, each offering spacious accommodations and luxurious furnishings. Other features of the hotel include a business center, eight restaurants/bars, 10 hotel boutiques, three pools, a private seven-acre park and one of the most prestigious art collections in any hotel in the U.S.

After a busy day, guests can relax in the Hilton Anatole hotel's exclusive Verandah Club and Spa, enjoy an unforgettable massage or play a game of racquetball. Guests of this hotel can also enjoy exceptional cuisine and views from the five-star, 27th floor Nana restaurant or explore the numerous boutiques that line the hotel's spacious atriums.

For those travelers mixing business with pleasure, the Hilton Anatole hotel's meeting capacities are exceptional. The Hilton Anatole hotel has professional meeting managers that coordinate more than 341,000 square feet of space, including six major ballrooms, 76 meeting rooms, five boardrooms, three theaters/lecture halls and the innovative Trinity Exhibition Center. The center boasts 128,600 square feet of exhibit and function space, including a dedicated banquet kitchen. Another state-of-the-art meeting space -- The West Wing -- features two ballrooms (divisible by four) totaling more than 1,000 square feet. This wing is supported by four additional meeting breakout rooms, a large public area and views of the spectacular Anatole Park.

When the workday is over, Dallas has much to offer, including art, music, shopping and a vibrant nightlife. The hotel is within minutes of the American Airlines Center, Texas Stadium and the Ballpark at Arlington. Guests can shop the afternoon away at NorthPark Center or the Galleria, or explore the Dallas Zoo, the Dallas Museum of Art, or the new Nasher Sculpture Center. They can also experience the Dallas Summer Musicals at the Dallas Music Hall or check out a concert at the Smirnoff Center.

Travelers staying at the Hilton Anatole have the opportunity to participate in the Hilton HHonors® guest reward program, allowing guests to earn both hotel points and airline miles for the same stay at nearly 2,700 hotels worldwide.

Getting There

The Hilton Anatole is located at 2201 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, Texas 75207. Phone: (214) 748-1200. For more information or to make reservations, contact Hilton Reservations Worldwide at 1 (800) 445-8667 or visit www.hilton.com.

Source: Hilton Hotels, Suites & Resorts

SkiAdcock Jan 10, 2006 3:53 pm

Yipee! I sometimes attend conventions held at the Anatole & hated not getting points. The last time I stayed at one of the lower-cost Marriotts (Fairfield?) & walked across the driveway/street since I wasn't willing to give up 5 nights of points. Won't have to do that anymore. Cheers.

SpeedRicer Jan 17, 2006 2:30 am

Is this the same hotel as the Wyndham Anatole, or is that different? :confused:

Either way, nice to see a Hilton choice close to downtown Dallas... ^

omegadeal Jan 17, 2006 3:49 am

Yes it appears to be the same hotel as the Wyndham and they are just changing brands. It's nice to see Hilton adding another upscale property.

BamaVol Jan 17, 2006 6:33 am

I don't like seeing the words Hilton and Reignite in the same sentence. :eek:

19103_aa Jan 17, 2006 10:58 am

Wow. Wyndham is really selling everything off, including their Flagship. The Anatole is a popular spot for me for meetings. I really enjoyed the By Request program. I didn't like this hotel in the past, but a recent stay was very good (renovated room, responsive meeting personnel). It'll be interesting to see what Hilton does with this property.

techgirl Jan 17, 2006 11:04 am

VERY exciting... I attend several functions there a year and it will be nice to get room credit for those nights!

Abidjan Jan 17, 2006 1:23 pm

Growing up in Dallas - and seeing this - makes me excited and homesick. Couple this with the WAstoria news, not a bad day to check the Hilton board on FT I'd say. ^ :-:

Mustang1 Jan 18, 2006 4:54 pm

I've stayed at this property numerous times and like it very much...can't believe it's a Hilton now!

syndney Jan 18, 2006 7:16 pm

Hilton Anatole Trip Reports and Reviews

Stayed at this hotel during the switchover. Absolutely Beautiful Hotel!!!! Had some service issues with the bellman....other than that great stay. Glad it's now a Hilton!

MacGuruTX Mar 18, 2006 10:39 pm

Hilton Anatole Dallas - Any benis?

Anyone stayed at the Anatole in Dallas now that they're a Hilton property?

Any benefits for diamonds other then the usual half bottle of water and a power bar? ;)

pbjag Mar 21, 2006 7:36 am

I'm also curious whether anyone has stayed here. I have a conference there the beginning of April.

Was booked at the Marriott Suites nearby (great for their points bonus promo) but a room at the Hilton just opened up. My main reason for switching would be convenience, not points 'cause i burned off most of my HH points a couple of years ago.

Just wondered how the rooms were and whether it is THAT much more convenient to stay on-site vs. another nearby hotel.

MacGuruTX Mar 21, 2006 4:12 pm

I'm in Dallas this week and will try to remember to drive by to check. If the Marriott Suites is on the same side of the freeway, then you're probably fine. The area is really more of a light industrial area in my opinion and isn't friendly to walking.

Originally Posted by pbjag
I'm also curious whether anyone has stayed here. I have a conference there the beginning of April.

Was booked at the Marriott Suites nearby (great for their points bonus promo) but a room at the Hilton just opened up. My main reason for switching would be convenience, not points 'cause i burned off most of my HH points a couple of years ago.

Just wondered how the rooms were and whether it is THAT much more convenient to stay on-site vs. another nearby hotel.

Karter Apr 26, 2006 5:39 am

Hilton Anatole

I stayed at the Hilton Anatole last week and enjoyed it very much. I'm HH Gold and I don't seem to have got an upgrade but I was put on the executive floor. I didn't get any bottled water or any in-room amenities, but I did get one bathrobe (although my room was booked for two people). The room itself was nice but nothing special. It had the standard pale colours and typical furnishings of most US Hiltons. The bathroom was slightly on the small side and quite dated but clean.

The executive lounge was the nicest I've seen (though in truth I've only seen four so far in my HH career). It was quite large with an area for dining tables and another area with various sofas and comfy chairs. The decor was modern and stylish with lots of deep glossy reds and dark wood. In the evening there was a selection of crudités, posh hors d'oeuvres and Mexican snacks (some warm cheesy fried quesadilla things, and some excellent home-made tortilla chips with two types of salsa and guacamole). Breakfast was continental and no hot dishes were provided at all (unless you count the toaster). I don't know if there would have been an option of hot breakfast elsewhere in the hotel - I didn't enquire about this.

As HH Gold I got access to the Veranda Club and Spa. This was one of the largest gyms I've ever seen connected to a hotel, and the indoor pool certainly was the largest I've seen. There was also a jacuzzi, two steam rooms, one sauna and an additional smaller outdoor pool. I don't know if access is given to all guests or just HH elites, but it's a very nice facility worth looking at.

The only issue I have with the hotel is the $26 parking charge. From your window you can see thousands of empty spaces so it doesn't seem necessary to charge for them. However, when I left the hotel after checking out, the parking attendant just asked for my room number and said I wouldn't have to pay. I don't know if this was because I stayed at a weekend or because I was a hotel guest.

MacGuruTX Apr 26, 2006 4:12 pm

Hmmm... I've avoided them specifically because of the Parking Charge and the large parking lots that are theirs.