Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by HNL
Do Diamonds get lounge access at the Waldorf Astoria? Is there a lounge at the Curio?
No... lounges at all WAs worldwide are not included - also not if you get upgrades to those rooms. The Curio Rome doesn't have any lounge.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by GaJaDreams
No... lounges at all WAs worldwide are not included - also not if you get upgrades to those rooms. The Curio Rome doesn't have any lounge.
Don't think this is true. A small number of lounges are specifically excluded from Diamond access in the T&Cs...Cavalleri, Grand Wailea, Conrad DC. But not aware it is anything like "worldwide".
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Don't think this is true. A small number of lounges are specifically excluded from Diamond access in the T&Cs...Cavalleri, Grand Wailea, Conrad DC. But not aware it is anything like "worldwide".
Please have a look into the member benefits and the brands which are included:

It says nothing about WA, because the few WA lounges are not included... Also the Pearl Club at WA Dubai Palm Jumeirah is of course not included.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
It says at Hilton family members with executive lounges, EXCEPT Conrad DC, Grand Wailea, and Cavalleri. I take that to mean if a Waldorf has a lounge, a Diamond is allowed, except at the 3 hotels mentioned.

If most Waldorfs don't have lounges, that is self limiting.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:58 am

Did you check my Screenshot with the latest rules from the Hilton app? They changed the text and don't mention the WA anylonger
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
It says at Hilton family members with executive lounges, EXCEPT Conrad DC, Grand Wailea, and Cavalleri. I take that to mean if a Waldorf has a lounge, a Diamond is allowed, except at the 3 hotels mentioned.

If most Waldorfs don't have lounges, that is self limiting.
Originally Posted by GaJaDreams
Did you check my Screenshot with the latest rules from the Hilton app? They changed the text and don't mention the WA anylonger
If a W/A has a lounge, it is not called an Executive Lounge and there are no Executive Floors. At the Cavalieri they are "Imperial Rooms/Suites" and the lounge is the Imperial Lounge. Done very purposefully to avoid access rules confusion.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
If a W/A has a lounge, it is not called an Executive Lounge and there are no Executive Floors. At the Cavalieri they are "Imperial Rooms/Suites" and the lounge is the Imperial Lounge. Done very purposefully to avoid access rules confusion.
That comes on top. In Dubai it is called Pearl Club ;-)
Old May 29, 2022, 9:01 am

What are the hours for which I would be allowed to access the Imperial Lounge if I have a stay made up of multiple consecutive bookings where as booking of 1 night only in the middle of stay is booked in an Imperial Room ?

Ex:

Nights 1 and 2: Deluxe King Room
Night 3: Imperial King Room (at what hour does my access to Imperial Lounge start and end)
Night 4: Deluxe King Room

How much cash does it usually cost to confirm an upgrade in advance from a Deluxe King Room paid with points or certificates to a Deluxe King Room
Old May 29, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
I'm staying here in a few weeks and booked with points for the regular deluxe king room. I emailed reservations and asked what it costs to upgrade to an Imperial level room. They quoted me 95 euros for Imperial hotel view and 220 euros for Rome view.
hoipolloi likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by hoipolloi
What are the hours for which I would be allowed to access the Imperial Lounge if I have a stay made up of multiple consecutive bookings where as booking of 1 night only in the middle of stay is booked in an Imperial Room ?

Ex:

Nights 1 and 2: Deluxe King Room
Night 3: Imperial King Room (at what hour does my access to Imperial Lounge start and end)
Night 4: Deluxe King Room

How much cash does it usually cost to confirm an upgrade in advance from a Deluxe King Room paid with points or certificates to a Deluxe King Room
You get a second key card on the day of the imperial room for the imperial lounge access. You will also have to move to another floor after that day, as floors 7 and 8 are imperial floors.
hoipolloi likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:53 am

Can reasonable make a dinner meal out of the Imperial Club/Lounge snack offering ? What's available during the evening or late afternoon?

They are asking for 250 Euros per night to upgrade to Implerial floor/club, and we are 2 adults and 1 child.

Not sure it's worth it, given that I get free breakfast as a Diamond member and there's a grocery store and pizzeria at a short and easy walk from the hotel (6 minutes)

Last edited by hoipolloi; May 30, 2022 at 6:01 am
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:15 pm

Do they provide free breakfast for whole family if main guest has Gold or Diamond status ?

example: 2 adults and 1 child
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Can reasonable make a dinner meal out of the Imperial Club/Lounge snack offering ? What's available during the evening or late afternoon?

They are asking for 250 Euros per night to upgrade to Implerial floor/club, and we are 2 adults and 1 child.

Not sure it's worth it, given that I get free breakfast as a Diamond member and there's a grocery store and pizzeria at a short and easy walk from the hotel (6 minutes)
Definitely not worth it.
GaJaDreams likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:38 am

first time visiting

I know the hotel is a little bit off the city center. Is the hotel good for the first time visiting Rome? plan to stay 3 nights in Rome fall this year. TIA.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by liw5215
I know the hotel is a little bit off the city center. Is the hotel good for the first time visiting Rome? plan to stay 3 nights in Rome fall this year. TIA.
Beautiful hotel. Beautiful view of the city if you get a rome view room.

As far as first time visiting, its 15-20 min to most of the normal touristy stuff. So expect to include that in your calculations. They do have a shuttle but only used it once due to trying to time things right (think it's once an hour).

One downside .. there are basically no food options in walking distance. So expect to eat before you come back or expect to pay the upcharge for hotel food. Also of note .. to get to it, there is a very winding road that goes up hill the whole time. I also found out the hard way that uber eats in Rome has bicycle delivery. Poor guy was nearly dead by the time he made it up the hill to the hotel an hour later. I maxed out the tip allowed on Uber Eats for that guy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.