Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nk15
I think I may do it, it is only 9k points more per night, and it seems some of the regular suites have sea view. How good are the appetizers in the lounge? I assume it also has coffee/waters/refreshments throughout the day. How are the regular suites, the seem older, are any of them refurbished? Is the lounge breakfast better than the restaurant, usually it is the other way around, lounge breakfast is usually limited in most properties.
The restaurant breakfast buffet isn't that good and it gets super crowded. The lounge breakfast has fewer items out in the buffet, but you can ask them to make things for you fresh. For example I asked for mango and pineapple last time and they put together a beautiful custom plate. They never had either of those in the restaurant.

You can get drinks and cookies in the lounge all day long. I never went for appetizers. There's too much good food in Thailand to be eating in the lounge all day (IMO).

Some of the suites have older furnishings, but they are higher quality than the new Ikea-style junk that they used when they refurbished. So that's at worst a wash IMO.

Also, the garden view here is pretty nice . . . you're looking out over 50 acres of gardens and pools back towards the hills. It's quite peaceful.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I was about to upgrade a few days ago, checked the rates 30 min earlier, seemed great, and 30 min later when I went for it all prices were up 30% across the board, miles or cash, I was floored, don't you hate it when this happens....

Anyway, what do you think are the chances for a cash upgrade on site for one level only, from junior suite sea view to suite? What will be a reasonable offer, something like 1000 thb/night?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I was about to upgrade a few days ago, checked the rates 30 min earlier, seemed great, and 30 min later when I went for it all prices were up 30% across the board, miles or cash, I was floored, don't you hate it when this happens....
Keep checking . . . I've seen rates at this property do exactly that, then drop back down.

Anyway, what do you think are the chances for a cash upgrade on site for one level only, from junior suite sea view to suite? What will be a reasonable offer, something like 1000 thb/night?
They will negotiate for a confirmed upgrade. I did it via e-mail before arrival. Not sure 1000 THB will do it though.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Keep checking . . . I've seen rates at this property do exactly that, then drop back down.

They will negotiate for a confirmed upgrade. I did it via e-mail before arrival. Not sure 1000 THB will do it though.
Good points, I have seen the fluctuation too, but we are getting closer to the dates now so that may not happen. Good suggestion, I will consider email before arrival, maybe I will go as high as 1500/day, but for one level upgrade it may not be worth it for more than that.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee

Yea, you're right, the prices are back down, it's like a rollercoaster, every couple of days. I also checked the standby Nor1 upgrade offer, it is actually 1370 THB/night, not too bad, but I think the guaranteed upgraded booking for 10k more points is better.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: Ba executive club
Quick question re: suite booking

Originally Posted by Redwoodw
Official from the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort:
hi redwood. Just a quick question if you might know. My wife and I have booked a suite (84 sq metre,not junior) with hotels.com for the Hilton Arcadia . I was just wondering if u would know whether we would have lounge access even though we booked through hotels.com. it doesn't specify exactly which type of suite it is but all corresponding suites on Hilton own site seem to say access is included. Not really too bothered but my wife would be thrilled as it's out 10th anniversary as it would be a nice surprise as she has never had that sort of level before. Thanks for any help you might be able to offer
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:12 pm

Welcome to flyertalk.

Why not just book direct with Hilton and remove all doubt? Prices should be the same for refundable; possibly lower if you create an hhonors account and log in.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Owen Thornhill
hi redwood. Just a quick question if you might know. My wife and I have booked a suite (84 sq metre,not junior) with hotels.com for the Hilton Arcadia . I was just wondering if u would know whether we would have lounge access even though we booked through hotels.com. it doesn't specify exactly which type of suite it is but all corresponding suites on Hilton own site seem to say access is included. Not really too bothered but my wife would be thrilled as it's out 10th anniversary as it would be a nice surprise as she has never had that sort of level before. Thanks for any help you might be able to offer
I am not sure about this, but inclusions for the same roomtype may vary between booking channels. However there's a good chance the suite would come with lounge access. If the hotels.com rate is refundable and cheaper than Hilton.com, I'd suggest you book it now to secure the price, and try taking it to Hilton to BRG it. You'd get 25% off the hotels.com rate if successful.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: Ba executive club
Re :Quick question re: suite booking

Thanks guys. We already have it booked since November. Was an awesome deal. Nearly half of what Hilton was asking for including breakfast. Was only upon reading online about the exec lounge thought it might be cool to have access. Might just bring it up upon check in anyway. Nothing to lose since we booked the suite anyway
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:40 am

Thanks guys. We already have it booked since November. Was an awesome deal. Nearly half of what Hilton was asking for including breakfast. Was only upon reading online about the exec lounge thought it might be cool to have access. Might just bring it up upon check in anyway. Nothing to lose since we booked the suite anyway
If the rate you've booked is refundable, you can make the deal even better by getting Hilton to do a best rate guarantee on it. Simply book the same thing on Hilton.com then file a best rate guarantee and they'll beat it at 25% off.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:57 am

Yeah and what was a good deal then might not be a good deal now. Rates are often high far out, then come down as the reality of occupancy starts to firm up. Even on hilton.com, I've done plenty of cancel/rebook jobs to save serious money. Unless you bought nonrefundable, always be checking and rechecking your options!!!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The room description on the Hilton website for the 84 sq m suite says "executive benefits". Check out the description of what you booked at hotels.com, it should be there, too.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:47 am

The room description on the Hilton website for the 84 sq m suite says "executive benefits". Check out the description of what you booked at hotels.com, it should be there, too.
+1
I would expect the hotels.com listing to expressly state whether executive benefits apply, as that's part of the rate detail.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:34 pm

From the pictures it looks like some of the rooms have been refurbished. I`am booking 7 night stay there in January and want to secure best room possible but even the Junior suite looks more dated than some of the normal rooms. Does anyone know what rooms are the "new ones" if i add that to the reservation and ask specific wing?
I sent mail to the hotel but no luck from there.

Thank you!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Leo123
From the pictures it looks like some of the rooms have been refurbished. I`am booking 7 night stay there in January and want to secure best room possible but even the Junior suite looks more dated than some of the normal rooms. Does anyone know what rooms are the "new ones" if i add that to the reservation and ask specific wing?
I sent mail to the hotel but no luck from there.
Refurbished doesn't mean better. The quality of the refurb they did to the Deluxe Suites was in general quite poor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.