Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by locoire
Should I:
- take the Hilton suite as paid upgrade
- stay with the King Junior Suite Sea View
- should I take the Lotus wing, which obviously can be noisy as I read
- should I take the more remote Andaman wing ?
Having stayed in the Deluxe Suite in Andaman wing my last two stays, I would probably not pay up over the Junior Suite Sea View. See my prior posts and photos.

I discovered last stay that they will make custom breakfast items for you in the lounge . . . the buffet fruit selection was really lame, so I asked one of the gals if they had any mango or pineapple, and five minutes later she brought out a beautiful plate of freshly cut mango and pineapple.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I read upthread (2012) that Golds get lounge access if they are booked on a junior suite and higher, is this still true, can anyone confirm?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:25 am

We are spending meanwhile our holidays here at Hilton Phuket, room is at the booked King Junior Suite Sea View at Lotus wing, no upgrade as diamond offered at checkin, instead free dinner for two and a nice welcome set with fruits and chocolate.
The resort ist here and there a bit dated, bit in general well maintained in a beautiful setting of tropical gardens and you can certainly spend very relaxing holidays here. The doors at Lotus wing could be indeed quite loud, because there is no 'stop' when you close them, but it is fine with a pair of earplugs.
The executive lounge is very well maintained and has a good choice for breakfast as well as for 'dinner' at happy our between 5-6.30, the service is absolutely great, fast and efficient.
@nk15: I heard at checkin, that this Hilton changed the lounge access policy, and access is available for diamond members only, but I would simply email the hotel, I am sure, they will answer soon: [email protected]
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:58 pm

Yes. I did exactly the same and got access to the lounge.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:14 am

oops i forget to quote you. Yes. I did exactly the same --booked a junor suite -- and got access to the lounge.

Originally Posted by nk15
I read upthread (2012) that Golds get lounge access if they are booked on a junior suite and higher, is this still true, can anyone confirm?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by racerxpa2000
oops i forget to quote you. Yes. I did exactly the same --booked a junor suite -- and got access to the lounge.
Sounds great, thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 10:57 pm

I stayed in a Junior Suite last month as a gold but no lounge access... kind of.

At check in we were given details of lounge times etc but upon arriving at the lounge that evening, we were told diamonds only. Pretty embarrassing to be turned away.

I called the front desk and received a call back from the duty manager to apologize. She offered lounge access for the rest of the stay, but said that it's usually diamonds only.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IRLGearoid
I called the front desk and received a call back from the duty manager to apologize. She offered lounge access for the rest of the stay, but said that it's usually diamonds only.
I got lounge access as a gold several years ago. Like other Hiltons in Thailand, this property seems to be cutting elite benes pretty severely. The staff is wonderful but I probably will not return.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:05 am

Official from the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort:

As we have many HHonors guests travelling to our resort recently. We decided to change a bit of our policy. All the Diamond members will have the lounge access. Also Gold, Silver, Blue, and non-HHonors guests who book Hilton Suite onwards directly will have the lounge access.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, you need the full suite for lounge access as a Gold, the junior suite is not enough? Do they give any complimentary upgrades to Golds, I doubt it...Is April a busy season for them?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:14 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
So, you need the full suite for lounge access as a Gold, the junior suite is not enough? Do they give any complimentary upgrades to Golds, I doubt it...Is April a busy season for them?
Songkran in April = busy.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoY
Songkran in April = busy.
I am going there end of April, so it should be ok in terms of that...

The next level above the junior suite with sea view is the regular suite, but it has garden views and it is 10k points more per night (about $50), is it worth it for lounge access for two people (mostly for evening snacks, I guess, since I assume I have free breakfast as a Gold)?

Last edited by nk15; Feb 6, 2017 at 6:36 am
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:05 am

The next level above the junior suite with sea view is the regular suite, but it has garden views and it is 10k points more per night (about $50), is it worth it for lounge access for two people (mostly for evening snacks, I guess, since I assume I have free breakfast as a Gold)?
I would consider it. The restaurant is quite chaotic for breakfast so the lounge is an upgrade over that. If you eat breakfast right when they open, it's okay, but if you head in there after 7 am the crowds can be pretty bad.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:32 am

Was told by the resort that comp upgrades are capped at Junior Suite. So basically Gold status won't net you anything in regards to lounge access. Pretty underwhelming. Seriously.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
I would consider it. The restaurant is quite chaotic for breakfast so the lounge is an upgrade over that. If you eat breakfast right when they open, it's okay, but if you head in there after 7 am the crowds can be pretty bad.
I think I may do it, it is only 9k points more per night, and it seems some of the regular suites have sea view. How good are the appetizers in the lounge? I assume it also has coffee/waters/refreshments throughout the day. How are the regular suites, the seem older, are any of them refurbished? Is the lounge breakfast better than the restaurant, usually it is the other way around, lounge breakfast is usually limited in most properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.