Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by LF72
Breakfast was free as a gold, right?
Breakfast is always free as a Gold member at Hilton properties if your MyWay preference is set
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by sbams
Breakfast is always free as a Gold member at Hilton properties if your MyWay preference is set
Great, thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: United Premier 1k, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
I do, too. They let me stay in one of the older rooms for a few hours after I had checked out my Deluxe Suite last time and I thought it was pretty nice. Jr. Suite is probably the best value at this property.

There are lots of positives here, including beautiful, expansive grounds and very nice staff, but just keep in mind that this is not a 5* property, and that it now attracts lots of Chinese tour groups.
I'm deciding between this property and the Koh Samui conrad. I know there would be big differences in the properties but there also are big differences in price and ease of travel. However, the chinese tour groups present here helped me make my decision!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:24 pm

Nuts allergy

We're staying there this fall for 4 nights. I love Thai food but, I'm nervous because I've never been to Thailand and also half our family has peanuts & tree nuts allergy. My main goal is to survive the trip without any allergy event or some petty crime. I have to stick to restaurants where I can make demands in English about avoiding cross-contamination and can be accommodated without coming across as being selfish or annoying. I'm thinking the safest thing would be to only eat on hotel premises.

Should I email the hotel ahead of time to give them a heads-up about the allergy, or is that an overkill? I've emailed places like Conrad HKG, Conrad Tokyo and Hilton Singapore, and they really go all out to accommodate us. I'm not sure how such request would be thought of in Thai culture.

Has anyone with nuts allergy stayed there and, if so, what's been your experience? In particular, I'd like to hear about the breakfast buffet and how concerned I'd have to be with it.

I love Thai food, but there's only one Thai restaurant on premises called Thai Thai. Is that place good? Good enough to eat at 4 nights in a row? If it's not good, is there a better Thai restaurant at a Western-brand hotel near Hilton? Remember, it has to be a place where they speak English and can accommodate an American guy making demands about peanut allergy! Hyatt has a Thai place called Pool House which looks fantastic. Would really love to go there, but then it sounds like Hyatt is 1hr+ return on taxi from Hilton (no thanks). I love Pomelo salad, yellow curry, swimming rama... especially pomelo salad. Hilton website does not show menu for Thai Thai.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
I am there for work on 16-18 Aug. Depending what replies you get happy to send you menus etc and let you know any info
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by evergrn
My main goal is to survive the trip without any allergy event or some petty crime.
Right, because there's so much crime in Thailand compared to the U.S.

I have to stick to restaurants where I can make demands in English
"Demands"? Seriously?
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by gav0106
I am there for work on 16-18 Aug. Depending what replies you get happy to send you menus etc and let you know any info
That'd be great if you come back with some feedback on Hilton's food/restaurants!

Originally Posted by Kacee
Right, because there's so much crime in Thailand compared to the U.S.

"Demands"? Seriously?
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone, and I should've said "request" (not demand). Sorry, I've never been to Thailand, so I don't know what to expect beyond some things that I've read on the Internet where people warn about pickpockets and tour operators or marine equipment agencies trying to rip you off. When going to a place I've never been to, I'm always a bit nervous. So I'm just trying to get some info particularly as it relates to nuts allergy.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:51 pm

Yes, you have to be careful with nuts in Thailand, because a lot of Thai dishes contain nuts. If you don't say anything, it's quite likely that you will have nuts in your food. But: The cooks prepare every meal fresh. There is no problem for them to leave out the nuts. It is important to tell the waiter about the allergy. And: At the Hilton Phuket and at a lot of other places around you can get food from other countries, that you know and where you know, that it doesn't contain nuts. Of course you should tell the waiter about your allergy even there.

As a tourist you don't have to care much about crimes in Thailand. Even about crimes, where the crime rates in Thailand are as extremely high as in the US (i.e. homicide), it is first of all a problem between Thai people. Only a very few tourists got harmed by that and you find almost every single case in the mass media all over the world. Thailand is a much safer country than the US. Of course it can happen, that someone tries to sell you something for 2 USD, which is worth 25 Cents.

The three most dangerous things in Thailand are traffic, nature and drugs. Easy to avoid drugs, be carefully in the ocean and in the jungle and use means of transport, who are less dangerous. And never ever combine traffic, nature and drugs.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by thbe
Yes, you have to be careful with nuts in Thailand, because a lot of Thai dishes contain nuts. If you don't say anything, it's quite likely that you will have nuts in your food. But: The cooks prepare every meal fresh. There is no problem for them to leave out the nuts. It is important to tell the waiter about the allergy. And: At the Hilton Phuket and at a lot of other places around you can get food from other countries, that you know and where you know, that it doesn't contain nuts. Of course you should tell the waiter about your allergy even there.
Thanks. Will definitely tell the waiter. I'm also thinking about notifying the hotel ahead of time (something I'd do in Jpn or HKG), but I don't know how that might be perceived. I actually need the chef to not only leave out the nuts, but also make sure they don't use the same wok/pan that's been used to cook another food that had nuts in it. Hopefully, restaurants inside Western hotels like Hilton will be able to accommodate such request instead of shake their heads or frown upon it. Yes I should also consider sticking to non-Thai restaurants at Hilton to be safe. Then I again, I myself really love Thai food. Maybe I might need to go to Thai Thai Restaurant by myself.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott

I love Thai food, but there's only one Thai restaurant on premises called Thai Thai. Is that place good? Good enough to eat at 4 nights in a row? If it's not good, is there a better Thai restaurant at a Western-brand hotel near Hilton?
Please don't restrict yourself to eating every evening at the same hotel restaurant (once ok if you really need to). Not only is it way more expensive than local restaurants it would be a great shame not to get out and sample local fare. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Try "On the Rock" (also in a hotel but lovely seaside location) and Sorrento (you can choose Thai or western food, so good for all the family). They will both be able to understand and accommodate your requests. Easy to find them on Google Maps. Enjoy!
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by sbams
Please don't restrict yourself to eating every evening at the same hotel restaurant (once ok if you really need to). Not only is it way more expensive than local restaurants it would be a great shame not to get out and sample local fare. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Try "On the Rock" (also in a hotel but lovely seaside location) and Sorrento (you can choose Thai or western food, so good for all the family). They will both be able to understand and accommodate your requests. Easy to find them on Google Maps. Enjoy!
Appreciate the recommendations. If you think those On the Rock and Sorrento are the types of places that can accommodate our cooking requests, then I will check them out for sure.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:54 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Left Early. The place has gone to ruins!

Well afraid I got no information on nut allergies

Stayed here many times and last time was so so. This time I actually checked out early.

Booked a deluxe garden room. Online showed Junior Suite Garden view. These rooms while look nice and in fact awful.
They are in Lotus wing and the noise echos. People slam doors which are solid wooden. Tour groups and families shout at each other from one floor to another as it is a circle layout.
I emailed them to ask for just a quiet room and not the suite. Reply was we are delighted to give you Junior Suite. Seems they missed the point

Girl at check in was nice and showed me room. End corridor and seems okay. Worn but okay.
Nope above bar area where live band till 2330. Just what I want after overnight flight.

Also:
Adult only tranquil area, ehhhhh no. Lots of families and staff serving them without a care

pre-Arrival email. Early access to room from 0900 for 1/3 the 1st night rate. Great in my case 1055 net

Get email back to confirm the early acces for 2000 net!?

Exex lounge. Staff rushed off feet. Over crowded and no children under 10 after 1730. Ignored and kids everywhere

They only cater to large tour groups mostly from a China and confernce. Anyone else forget it.

It looks run down and is not peaceful

Shame to leave but there are many better options.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I love Thai food but, I'm nervous because I've never been to Thailand and also half our family has peanuts & tree nuts allergy. My main goal is to survive the trip without any allergy event... Remember, it has to be a place where they speak English and can accommodate an American guy making demands about peanut allergy! ... I love Pomelo salad, yellow curry, swimming rama...

Uhhh. Swimming Rama is straight up peanut butter sauce all over the whole dish, I.e. “swimming” in it.

Hence the name.

Epi pens ahead if you order this dish!

Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:52 am

Sorry to hear that, even if I’m not too much surprised. Easy to have a disappointing experience there. I think, without Hilton Honors that hotel would be booked by Chinese and Russian people only.

I liked the Junior suite in the Lotus wing, but I did not like the Lotus wing.

But I’ll give that hotel another try in November, staying at the A wing, For that stay they’ve confirmed my NOR1 upgrade already, which has surprised me.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I decided after my last stay I would not be back.

It has so much potential, and a lovely staff, but management has chosen an economic path (cater to large groups of cut-rate tourists, minimize expenses) that is not consistent with running the kind of property that appeals to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.