Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Arrow Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Posts older than 2015 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa {THA}

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 2, 2020 at 1:13 am
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:13 pm

Recently stayed there over christmas in the Royal Suite with adjoining second room for the kids (6 & 9). The actual suite is exceptionally large, double shower and spa bath for the main suite, regular bathroom for the second room. Extra washroom for the living area. There's also a separate kitchen, with wine cooler and large refrigerator full of drinking water. It's on the roof of the main building so you can see the whole resort from the balcony.

Check in service was great, room service and housekeeping was great. The only issue we had was on the last night, since there was a conference at the hotel (on Christmas day), and they had a late night party which was annoyingly loud and went on until around 11:30pm. Took a couple of complaints to get them to turn it down, even then it was still audible, but just not as loud. Fortunately, they gave us a voucher for 1 night at a standard room for the noise pollution.
Image of the room - http://postimg.cc/image/pf6kzy1jb
Image of the bedroom - http://postimg.cc/image/x6nayi5on

Last edited by togafoot; Dec 31, 2014 at 9:25 pm
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:05 am

Update:

Was just informed my stay was ineligible for points credit even though I was not informed about this during the reservation process or in any subsequent email communication.

Currently trying to complain to the hotel to get this resolved. Rather angry about this, as I wouldn't have booked it otherwise.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Originally Posted by togafoot
Update:

Was just informed my stay was ineligible for points credit even though I was not informed about this during the reservation process or in any subsequent email communication.

Currently trying to complain to the hotel to get this resolved. Rather angry about this, as I wouldn't have booked it otherwise.
Did you book via the Hilton website?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:46 am

Yes booked it via the website back in August on an early saver package. Nothing in the early saver package notes that said it was ineligible for points. I've contacted the hotel directly (as advised by the Hhonor CS agent) and requested clarification, and for the points earned based on amount spent on the room, not asking for anything else.

Last edited by togafoot; Jan 1, 2015 at 12:53 am
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: UA Gold; HH Diamond; Hyatt Plat
only Non-refundable rates offered

just tried to book five nights at this property for 12/25 - 12/30 2015.

online booking failed and said to call in, and phone CSR tells me that all rates (HH points and paid) over this time are non-refundable.

I can't book my flights for another month, so obviously I declined the booking.

Is this a usual practice for the busy week/season in Phuket?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Originally Posted by togafoot
Yes booked it via the website back in August on an early saver package. Nothing in the early saver package notes that said it was ineligible for points. I've contacted the hotel directly (as advised by the Hhonor CS agent) and requested clarification, and for the points earned based on amount spent on the room, not asking for anything else.
We stayed there in summer 2012 on the early saver rate. I cannot check back that long ago in my Accounts page, but I am pretty sure we got the points for the stay
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Save for very special rates, I see no reason why your stay booked on HH.com should not be eligble for HH points.

In the past such issues have been easily resolved by sending a short email to hhonors(at)hiltonres(dot)com attaching your invoice/folio. Always worked for me.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:10 am

Email from Hhonors CS agent said "we found the stay does not qualify for credit as it was deemed ineligible by the hotel". They asked me to contact the hotel for clarification.

Rang the hotel today, (got cut off twice for some reason). They checked and sent an email to me and Hhonors to say that my stay is eligible for points, so I should get the points for the stay.

Looks like some administrative error somewhere..at least it got resolved... just wait a couple more days and check the points go into my account.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Any major updates to this thread from recent stays? I've read back about a year. Few basic questions... any odds for what the upgrade/lounge access will be for a Gold? Also, what's a normalish taxi fare to/from the airport to the hotel? The last post i saw said 800-900 baht, which for an hour long ride doesn't seem *too* crazy but probably more than it should be.

I'm planning on a 2 night cash + points stay here for next week, and will post an update after! Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Any major updates to this thread from recent stays? ...
Just a quick update, I spent 2 nights here last week. Gold on a cash + points stay, and I was upgraded to a room in the Lotus Wing with lounge access, and I was quite happy with the size of the room and how nice it was. I took full advantage of the happy hour both nights. Food in the lounge was pretty good both nights as well. One night they had bacon wrapped shrimp and chicken satay as the hot options, the other night short beef ribs which were more bone and less meat. Wasn't worth the hassle to try to eat.

Didn't see it full of russians, just lots of overweight Americans by the pool and fair number of Asian tourists. Word from a couple of the other people on a boat tour I did was that the Russian tourism has really been hurt by the collapse in the ruble.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Word from a couple of the other people on a boat tour I did was that the Russian tourism has really been hurt by the collapse in the ruble.
The week I was down in Phuket (last week of December) was pretty much when the ruble tanked for good. The clientele on the whole island was majority Russian. All I could do was wonder if they were watching the news, and think about the surprise they were in for when they got their credit card statements.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
Change award stay?

Hi all,

I'm headed to the Phuket Hilton on March 13-18 for a stay on points. When I booked the hotel back in May or June, I was planning on going solo and so I booked a King room. Now, I have a friend joining me and I want to reserve a room with two beds.

Would the best way of doing this be to contact the hotel? Does anyone have an email address.

I'm a Gold if that makes any difference.

Cheers,

Sioux
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:03 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Sosiouxme
Hi all,

I'm headed to the Phuket Hilton on March 13-18 for a stay on points. When I booked the hotel back in May or June, I was planning on going solo and so I booked a King room. Now, I have a friend joining me and I want to reserve a room with two beds.

Would the best way of doing this be to contact the hotel? Does anyone have an email address.

Cheers,

Sioux
Not a problem, just email ([email protected]) the hotel. The email address comes directly from the Hilton.com site by the way
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sosiouxme
Hi all,

Cheers,

Sioux
Why not just cancel and re-book?

BTW, when I booked recently for the beginning of March there was loads of availability for points + cash, which worked out to be a pretty good deal... (0.45 cents for each HHonors point saved versus the fifth night free rate)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.