Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:37 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Looks like there is still nothing set for after hilton exit...
i cant imagine closing down in the middle of high season
Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I imagine the Ukraine situation has hurt them badly, on top of covid. The Kata/Karon area was very popular with Russian tourists. Rooms right now are available for around 1600 THB, i.e., under $50 US.
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:16 pm

I'm staying here right now and was told by a chef that it was becoming a Marriott. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but the property is being well taken care of-better than a few months ago.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
I imagine the Ukraine situation has hurt them badly, on top of covid. The Kata/Karon area was very popular with Russian tourists. Rooms right now are available for around 1600 THB, i.e., under $50 US.
On Facebook, I often see the Hilton ad “Book Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa from B1,699”. 😊
Old Sep 8, 2022, 3:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
How is the upgrades at this property for Diamonds?
Old Sep 8, 2022, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Sohan
How is the upgrades at this property for Diamonds?
It's been a few years, but traditionally the Diamond upgrade was to a junior suite.
Sohan likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's been a few years, but traditionally the Diamond upgrade was to a junior suite.
Got a junior suite garden upgrade. Asked for a sea view got that with 0 hesitation (before check in) - however they messed up the rates and charged me double but resolved quickly at the check in.

Lounge extremely busy and quiet small - offering is alright compared to BKK. Can't really complain for an island hotel with a free lounge. Staff were super friendly. Will see

Hotel is super dated, it really shows. Junior suite definitely doesn't feel 62sqm unless they're counting the balcony. Getting around the hotel is a process.

Would say overall for the money and being in a chain seems just alright given the upgrades + lounge but the overall experience is eh compared to competitors even without lounges.
cln likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:28 am

Tomorrow will mark a week here so thought I'd give a bit of an update. Mainly, staff and service around the hotel is great! Every single person is friendly and there's been 0 issues from service failures etc.

The sunset views from the rooms + panorama lounge are absolutely stunning. We also found it's possible to walk towards the ocean beach club and exit from there to the beach making it a much shorter trip (the hotel grounds are super big).

Lounge for breakfast/evening has been consistent. The staff bring round drinks very timely and the outdoor seating in the lounge is very relaxing.

Ordered room service once - felt like frozen pizza (not sure if it was or not) and the Thai grilled beef was very salty/fishy from the sauce (overly). Ocean beach club food was decent (Burger / Thai pasta / Calamari). We've also been able to find some various options walking near by the beach and by grab (some great healthy options on here) and they'll drop the grab driver and/or the food to the main lobby.

Hotel gym is decent - some machines need a refresh. Gym wise got quiet a good selection but wish they'd have a cable machine as well.

Overall hotel isn't overly busy, nor is Karon beach. Seems mostly international tourists that are visiting rather than local tourists.
flyme2 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 6:23 pm

Haven't been in many years, but my wife and I were always well taken care of as Diamond guests in the era before the Russian onslaught. In those days, it was never over crowded, and actually quite tranquil. I recall them making quite a fuss over my birthday. These days I'd rather it be overlooked. Should the property become part of Bonvoy, I'd be curious to give it a go.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 11:46 pm

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Sohan
Tomorrow will mark a week here so thought I'd give a bit of an update. Mainly, staff and service around the hotel is great! Every single person is friendly and there's been 0 issues from service failures etc.

The sunset views from the rooms + panorama lounge are absolutely stunning. We also found it's possible to walk towards the ocean beach club and exit from there to the beach making it a much shorter trip (the hotel grounds are super big).

Lounge for breakfast/evening has been consistent. The staff bring round drinks very timely and the outdoor seating in the lounge is very relaxing.

Ordered room service once - felt like frozen pizza (not sure if it was or not) and the Thai grilled beef was very salty/fishy from the sauce (overly). Ocean beach club food was decent (Burger / Thai pasta / Calamari). We've also been able to find some various options walking near by the beach and by grab (some great healthy options on here) and they'll drop the grab driver and/or the food to the main lobby.

Hotel gym is decent - some machines need a refresh. Gym wise got quiet a good selection but wish they'd have a cable machine as well.

Overall hotel isn't overly busy, nor is Karon beach. Seems mostly international tourists that are visiting rather than local tourists.
Thanks for the review, have two quick questions:
1) read on tripadvisor that "Happy hour between 5 and 6.30 every night either in the exec lounge or the pool bar with various snacks and free drinks." --> is this still true you can get the drinks at the pool bar too?
2) is it true Diamonds/golds can only get breakfast in the lounge if not included in the room, and not at the buffet restaurant? heard that was the case but seems strange...
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Bobdh13
Thanks for the review, have two quick questions:
1) read on tripadvisor that "Happy hour between 5 and 6.30 every night either in the exec lounge or the pool bar with various snacks and free drinks." --> is this still true you can get the drinks at the pool bar too?
2) is it true Diamonds/golds can only get breakfast in the lounge if not included in the room, and not at the buffet restaurant? heard that was the case but seems strange...
The lounge is in both, however I've not been to ocean beach club for the lounge so not sure how it is as sometimes it can get windy.

Yes it's not included from the buffet. It's 200++ per person extra. The real breakfast is at Sails which I see a few people go to in the morning mostly sitting outside. However, I only go to breakfast to grab a coffee so I prefer it in the lounge as it's same floor.
Bobdh13 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
what are the current offerings in the executive lounge? Is afternoon tea offered? Cocktails during happy hour?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by stijnec
what are the current offerings in the executive lounge? Is afternoon tea offered? Cocktails during happy hour?
Usually some kind of salad/fruit section. 2 sweet things and then 3 mains, 1 veggie and 2 proteins. Not sure if there's more or not but that's what I've noticed. 5pm to 6:30pm and quiet a lot of drinks available. This is in the panorama lounge. Did not try the ocean beach bar yet for the lounge.
stijnec likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
any updates on its next life/brand?

thank you
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:21 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
No word (seemingly) on whether a re-flag will occur or what it might be if indeed it happens. I am still seeing ads for the property on social media here & drove past the property this week - all was as it ever was. Who knows what will happen but whoever takes over will need deep pockets to bring this place into the 21st century!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.