Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:46 am
dv1

Anyone know if the Limo bus service from Narita airport has been resumed? If not, what other options do i have to get the hotel from the airport, other than taxi? Will be arriving around noon.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by dv1
Anyone know if the Limo bus service from Narita airport has been resumed? If not, what other options do i have to get the hotel from the airport, other than taxi? Will be arriving around noon.
Hi,

From Narita , yes it has. ( limited service it looks like)
Details here
Limousine Bus by Airport Transport Service Co., Ltd.

If timings are not suitable then maybe the Limousine bus to TCAT ( Tokyo City Air Terminal) or the Narita Express to Tokyo then taxi to Conrad ( c Y1000 or so taxi)

the limousine bus to Haneda from the Conrad has not resumed

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Zyee
I've stated Conrad Tokyo twice, I liked it and my wife doesn't. This is the first time I've ever heard that someone compared the hotel breakfast between asian hotel and european hotel, and then european ones win. I guess that make sense because food review is so subjective, so I won't comment on that anymore. However, a Japanese hotel couldn't have a taco station? I mean, did you have any bread they served considering no wheat production over 200 years ago in Japan? Does a Vietnamese hotel must serve rice? What about a Mexican hotel doesn't have any taco station? So Japanese customers have to eat whatever they are eating at home everyday while staying at Conrad Tokyo, because the Hotel may NOT serve anything international?
I for one really liked the taco station. It wasn't amazing or anything, but a legit taco is really hard to find in Asia, Japan included, and it was at least legit. The blend of spices was right on, and not suspiciously, uselessly sweet like the taco I've had in Korea, for example.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:53 pm

First time visitors to Tokyo with a 4-year-old in tow. Is this hotel just too out of the way in that situation or is it workable?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tierneyalvin
First time visitors to Tokyo with a 4-year-old in tow. Is this hotel just too out of the way in that situation or is it workable?

Hi

Location is pretty good generally with lots of transport options nearby ie 10min walk to shimbashi station
What do you intend on doing in tokyo ( ie sights/ interests etc
if you want to explore tokyo then regardless of where you are staying you will probably need to use public transport at some time
regards

tbs
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:26 pm

Just booked this property via Amex FH&R for 2 rooms (holding diamond status from Aspire card) for 6 nights total. A few questions come to mind...

1) We will be landing in NRT at 4:30pm. With 4 adults & 2 kids (1 and 4 yo) and a handful of luggage, what's the best way to get to the property? The train is probably not feasible since we have a bunch of bags and hauling 2 kids? Ideally the cheaper option is preferred, but I get that we have a lot of heads and the most convenient way is probably better.
2) Our 6 night stay is broken into 2, 3 night stay increments with a gap in between as we venture outside of Tokyo for a few nights. Would the hotel hold some of our bags for say 3-4 nights?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:38 pm

Depends on time of year. Park across the road which is actually way harder to get to than it should be. Nowhere on the yamanote is out of the way as Tokyo sights are everywhere.

If your holiday is centred on the 4yo then maybe stay closer to Disney or activities for them but otherwise it’s fine.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by emofeng
Just booked this property via Amex FH&R for 2 rooms (holding diamond status from Aspire card) for 6 nights total. A few questions come to mind...

1) We will be landing in NRT at 4:30pm. With 4 adults & 2 kids (1 and 4 yo) and a handful of luggage, what's the best way to get to the property? The train is probably not feasible since we have a bunch of bags and hauling 2 kids? Ideally the cheaper option is preferred, but I get that we have a lot of heads and the most convenient way is probably better.
2) Our 6 night stay is broken into 2, 3 night stay increments with a gap in between as we venture outside of Tokyo for a few nights. Would the hotel hold some of our bags for say 3-4 nights?
Apologies for any typos on phone during run.
limousine bus would be best. Need to check where it’s running too lately, I’ve lost track. Either direct to hotel or to station as near as possible then 2 taxis.

i suggest that for best combo of ease and cost. Cost irrelevant then taxi from airport.

2- I suspect you will encounter 0 issues. If you do, send it via luggage delivery back to the hotel 😂
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Apologies for any typos on phone during run.
limousine bus would be best. Need to check where it’s running too lately, I’ve lost track. Either direct to hotel or to station as near as possible then 2 taxis.

i suggest that for best combo of ease and cost. Cost irrelevant then taxi from airport.

2- I suspect you will encounter 0 issues. If you do, send it via luggage delivery back to the hotel 😂
Thanks for the suggestion, it does seem like the limousine bus will be our best option with all the luggage, looking at their website, they do go to the Conrad. I will email the hotel to see if we can keep the bags there.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 5:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
More than workable. I stayed here for a 5nights last year when my son was 3-and-a-half, no problems.
I mean yes, if you want to get to JR lines, Shimbashi is a 10+min walk away, but it's all sheltered / underground, and large portions of the walk are interesting enough to keep young kids occupied.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:39 pm

Since we're on the topic of young kids: I've booked 3 rooms thru Amex FHR, so have whatever they convert USD 375 to worth of property credit to use. Thinking of using a good chunk of it on dinner the afternoon we arrive flight from the USA. We have a 2 year old, so Collage and Kazahana are out. Between Cerise and China Blue, which one would be more kid friendly and more likely to take walk-ins?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
Since we're on the topic of young kids: I've booked 3 rooms thru Amex FHR, so have whatever they convert USD 375 to worth of property credit to use. Thinking of using a good chunk of it on dinner the afternoon we arrive flight from the USA. We have a 2 year old, so Collage and Kazahana are out. Between Cerise and China Blue, which one would be more kid friendly and more likely to take walk-ins?
Hi
I would think cerise would be more child friendly and more chance of being able to take walk ins

Regards

Tbs
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
Why do you need to walk-in? Email the concierge and ask them to make reservations.
I had dinner at both Cerise and Kazahana with my 3.5-year old. Cerise dinner food was mediocre at best, would not go again. Kazahana food is better, but be prepared for very elevated prices.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
Why do you need to walk-in? Email the concierge and ask them to make reservations.
I had dinner at both Cerise and Kazahana with my 3.5-year old. Cerise dinner food was mediocre at best, would not go again. Kazahana food is better, but be prepared for very elevated prices.
I never make plans and prefer to play it by ear for the evening of an international arrival. Not sure when we'll reach the hotel or what the kid's mood will be, so we may end up doing room service.
Cynicor likes this.

Last edited by EmpressRouge; Apr 3, 2024 at 11:21 pm
Old Apr 10, 2024, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Had a quick one night stay this week, Diamond booked with FNC. Arrived around 9:30am and was able to get into the room at 11:45am, which was appreciated.

A few folks above have asked about transfers from NRT. I arrived into Narita for the first time since covid.

The airport Limousine buses are back and running direct from NRT>Conrad however currently there's only 3-4 in the afternoons after 3:30pm. I arrived at 6:45am so this wasn't an option.

Instead I took the limo bus directly to the Mitsui Garden Hotel, and from there it was a 6-7 min walk to the Conrad. These buses run every hour so.

Alternatively you can take the limo bus to TCAT as noted upthread then just grab a taxi. Buses to TCAT run every 30 mins. This would be quickest bus option. My bus stopped at TCAT first before circling Ginza for 30 more mins stopping at 4-5 other hotels before reaching Mitsui Garden.

Flew out of HND the next day. Pouring rain so didn't feel like dealing with the Monorail, even though it's relatively easy. Hopped in a taxi at 8:33am and was airside in the JL Lounge at 9:11am. Fare was 7k JPY or roughly $45 USD. Don't know why I haven't been just taking a taxi to and from HND all along.
The _Banking_Scot and HawaiiO like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.