Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2023, 12:47 am

Programs: Show me the points!
What's this hotel like over NYE? We are staying 29th-3rd and seems a lot of higher cat rooms are still available.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nichojo
What's this hotel like over NYE? We are staying 29th-3rd and seems a lot of higher cat rooms are still available.
It's been many years since my last NYE stay here, but there's usually a party that you have to pay to attend, but otherwise nothing particularly special. There may be some special events and New Year koto music playing, but very little will be happening outside of the hotel itself, as a great many businesses close their doors between 12/31 and 1/3.

I'd much rather stay at a place like Andaz or Park Hyatt during NYE time in Tokyo.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Some photos
--snip--
Regards

TBS
Great pictures, I miss that pool and view so much.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 8:46 am

Does anyone who has stayed recently happen to know what the nightly credit card deposit/incidentals charge for this hotel is? I tried asking them directly but got a weird answer from the front desk that it depends on the type of card I'm using and what I have booked for my stay, which I've never heard of a hotel doing before.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by IIDXias
Does anyone who has stayed recently happen to know what the nightly credit card deposit/incidentals charge for this hotel is? I tried asking them directly but got a weird answer from the front desk that it depends on the type of card I'm using and what I have booked for my stay, which I've never heard of a hotel doing before.

Hi

My 5 night stay( on points) was 2 weeks ago and they put though an authorised charge of Y 120,000 for the 5 nights

Regards

Tbs
Old Dec 18, 2023, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

My 5 night stay( on points) was 2 weeks ago and they put though an authorised charge of Y 120,000 for the 5 nights

Regards

Tbs
Got it thanks. My stay is exactly the same (5 nights on points) so I’ll expect something similar. Appreciate it!
Old Dec 18, 2023, 5:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Finished a two night stay here. We're Hilton Diamond so wanted to check in on the special floor, but the front desk after the first set of elevators wouldn't let us check in on the executive check in floor, citing it was too busy. (maybe we should've went up anyway?) Didn't get upgraded to bay view as promised. But compared to my last stay, the check in process was much faster. The executive city view was alright. Bathroom wows me every time with the giant mirror. We tried the breakfast at both places. Saw some guy yelling at the staff for not delivering his tea at Cerise. Other than that disturbance, the food and ambiance were nice; lobster omelet was 9/10. Cerise and the other lounge have very similar options, but the other lounge was much less hectic. They were both really busy on the weekend; need more staff.

Other times we fly Haneda but the flight paths worked out to fly out from NRT this time. Got questioned at the taxi by bell staff, "Narita? You sure? Not Haneda?" and informed of the $200-300 price. It's a huge plus that they help clarify with the driver for you on your destination. It saved us some time that we encountered catching taxis at other hotels trying to clarify where we were going. I liked how the station is located somewhat connected to the building, just a little bit exposure to the outside but mostly covered (and there were two Family Marts along the way).
Old Dec 18, 2023, 6:06 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by hailstorm
It's been many years since my last NYE stay here, but there's usually a party that you have to pay to attend, but otherwise nothing particularly special. There may be some special events and New Year koto music playing, but very little will be happening outside of the hotel itself, as a great many businesses close their doors between 12/31 and 1/3.

I'd much rather stay at a place like Andaz or Park Hyatt during NYE time in Tokyo.
Yeah I'm actually hopeful that it being more of a business hotel in the area that it is in means it may be more quiet and thus may have upgrade potential for our stay. I'm going with my ~4 year old so I couldnt care less about parties.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by nichojo
Yeah I'm actually hopeful that it being more of a business hotel in the area that it is in means it may be more quiet and thus may have upgrade potential for our stay. I'm going with my ~4 year old so I couldnt care less about parties.
I'm going for around the same time as you (checking in 1/1 and checking out 1/6) and didn't even think of the fact that it's in a business area around New Year's and thus should maybe be a little quieter than normal....hopefully we both score some upgrades!
Old Dec 19, 2023, 4:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I spent last NYE there. Checked in Dec 31 and departed Jan 2. Hotel was full and did not receive an upgrade as a diamond and was also unable to switch from a twin room to a king room. Check in was very busy and there were numerous parties waiting around to check in before us. This could have been due to the Japan reopening rebound, but I think the New Year is generally busy in Japan. One thing to note was the underground walkway from Shimbashi was closed the night of Dec 31 when I returned after midnight.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Yeah, it's very wishful thinking to assume that this, or any other top class hotel in Tokyo, will be under capacity during NYE. I recall requesting an extra bed several months in advance of the NYE stay, only to be told that they couldn't supply one upon arrival (took a few hours after some social media shaming before they magically found one...)
Old Dec 21, 2023, 7:32 am

Programs: CX, BA
Currently there is a 25% off dining offer for gold/diamond members. Anyone have experience using the offer? Would like to know if I can apply the discount and charge to room to settle with room credit.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by HKG1841
Currently there is a 25% off dining offer for gold/diamond members. Anyone have experience using the offer? Would like to know if I can apply the discount and charge to room to settle with room credit.

Hi

I think I used in in Dec 2022 and was able to room charge.
no offer was active when I was there 2 weeks ago AFAIK

Regards
Tbs

Ps. Thanks to eggsbenedict!. I Just looked at my bill and a 25% discount was taken off the Twenty eight lounge ( Y 2,250 rather than Y 3000 and Y5,575 for Cerise) although the signed bill was Y,3000 for the bar). ( only spent Y30k as I used points and was out most of the day and did not look at the bill closely as the items tied in with what i signed for). Did not see any signs advertising this promotion .

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Dec 21, 2023 at 11:42 am
Old Dec 21, 2023, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by HKG1841
Not sure if the same offer, but we had a drinks bill in the hotel bar last month that we billed to our room that was 25% off menu prices when shown on the folio at check out. Hilton Gold. No idea where the discount came from, not super familiar with Hilton, it was not communicated to us at any point during the stay.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 6:07 pm

Programs: CX, BA
Thanks both The _Banking_Scot and eggsbenedict

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.