Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:34 pm

I had stayed there a few times in the past and loved it. I took my girlfriend there this past weekend for the first time. She had only been to Az once a few weeks back when i took her to the boulders. She absolutely loved both places. As a diamond i was upgraded to a Casita and comments about the mountain view is spot on. I just love the mountains in Tucson. The hotel and Casitas are great
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Exec, Marriott Rewards Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by aztimm
While there are 2 pools on-site, I'd describe neither as a lap pool.

However, you may want to look into the nearby Oro Valley municipal pool:
http://www.orovalleyaz.gov/Town_Gove...n/Aquatics.htm

If you are into masters swimming, there's a great program at the U of A pool, but that could be quite a haul from the Hilton El Con.
Many thanks for the advice - appreciate it!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by bharv
I had stayed there a few times in the past and loved it. I took my girlfriend there this past weekend for the first time. She had only been to Az once a few weeks back when i took her to the boulders. She absolutely loved both places. As a diamond i was upgraded to a Casita and comments about the mountain view is spot on. I just love the mountains in Tucson. The hotel and Casitas are great
Except for the fact that the rooms have a lot of wear (mostly in the carpet). I would also say that many of the Casitas arguably aren't as good as some of the hotel rooms.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Update on breakfast (good!)-as posted on Hilton breakfast thread:

No longer restricted to pastries (as it was briefly last year, not even bagels or toast!)--now basically the whole "cold" buffet:

orange juice, coffee, milk, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit/whipped cream, bagels, toast, pastries and yogurt basically but you can buy up to hot full buffet for aboout $9 or use against other menu items (each voucher worth 9.68? per guest). This is not as good as it used to be when they first became a Hilton but works for me now.

As for carpet wear--this is a problem in USA hotels generally I think with economic downturn and "deferred" maintenance. We were just in casitas this week and did not find it a big issue as room was reasonably well maintained. The casitas see a lot of off the street traffic (ie rooms open out onto walkways and porch is on the desert so there is tracking of debris for sure. They kept rooms clean though but will have to do some replacement over the next couple of years. They are doing a 4 million reno in the main building (mostly restaurants--Dos Locos is closed for renos and breakfast restaurant area is all upgraded inside and out and is being used for dinners as well for the time being.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Avis First/Preferred, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber

orange juice, coffee, milk, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit/whipped cream, bagels, toast, pastries and yogurt basically but you can buy up to hot full buffet for aboout $9 or use against other menu items (each voucher worth 9.68? per guest). This is not as good as it used to be when they first became a Hilton but works for me now.
Stayed here for 4 days in January and was upgraded to a Casita. They are nice, but only 1 or 2 out of the many (at least 80, I think) have a mountain view from your patio. There are junior suites in the 4 main buildings that look directly at the mountains, and the major difference that I was told when questioning at checkout was that the JS don't have the small kitchen area (sink and mini fridge only). The Casitas are the only rooms that have a fridge if that's important to you.

The cold breakfast was more than enough, especially when you are spending your days hiking. The yogurt was so good (Dannon's Okois Greek yogurt), that Mrs. dot_net and I found a local retailer when we got back home and it is the only yogurt we have been buying!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How do they treat golds? Do they offer ant breakfast coupons? Will become diamond during my stay. Maybe they will give me diamond breakfast vouchers
Old Oct 12, 2012, 7:08 pm
Original Member

golds and diamonds treated same for breakfast--they ask now if "gold or diamond" when arriving for breakfast, coupons not required.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
golds and diamonds treated same for breakfast--they ask now if "gold or diamond" when arriving for breakfast, coupons not required.
That's impressive. So breakfast buffet for two people in room included? Any other benefits to know about there?

Just to update: Golds/Diamonds only get $12 per morning per person...still generous, but does not cover the buffet.

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Oct 13, 2012 at 5:57 pm
Old Oct 13, 2012, 6:39 pm
Original Member

$12 covers the continental buffet (cold stuff plus oatmeal). This includes fresh orange juice, coffee, tea etc as well as pastries, toast, yogurt, fruits (melon, strawberries, pineapple, bananas, blueberries, blackberries as of this writing) as well as granola, honey, jams, butter, whipped cream, home made yogurt, cottage cheese. The only thing not covered are hot items (but can upgrade for another $7. The cold buffet is plenty for me and my SO.

Don't know about upgrades for golds. As diamond we have always got a casita (our preference) but could have had junior suite if we wanted. Diamonds also gt complimentary golf club rentals (up to 4 per day) and free internet.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We have two rooms at the hotel under my Diamond name...do two people in each room get the benefits or just the one room for two people? Didn't want to push the issue if it only applies to one room.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL,HH,SPG,ICH,Thrifty,Hertz
Anyone have a recent stay here? I have a JR. Suite reserved in March and am wondering if the mini bar is stocked or free to put your own items in it. Chicago Conrad has done this with their mini bars, it's very handy. Any chance as a GM to an upgrade on a paid stay? Just curious. Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Enjoyed my stay here a lot, good diamond experience, glad to see breakfast has been enhanced.

On my next trip, I will go out of my way to stay at the hotel again!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
As a Gold, what are the chances of an upgrade to a Casita Suite? Does my original reservation need to be for a Jr Suite for the Casita upgrade OR can I book a standard room and still be in the running for a Casita Suite?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
As a Gold, what are the chances of an upgrade to a Casita Suite? Does my original reservation need to be for a Jr Suite for the Casita upgrade OR can I book a standard room and still be in the running for a Casita Suite?
Keep in mind suites are NOT part of Gold upgrades. If you want a suite, you should book the type of suite you want. If you book a standard room, as Gold, you will NOT be upgraded to a Casita suite.

Keep in mind, the Gold upgrades are often just one level up or an enhanced room (corner, away from elevator, higher floor).
Old Feb 12, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Ah, thank you. Very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.