FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort {US-AZ} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/384478-el-conquistador-tucson-hilton-resort-us-az.html)

zipual Dec 23, 2002 8:10 am

El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort {US-AZ}

Anyone heard any info on the Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf and Tennis Resort that was supposed to open this month? Just read about it on the Hilton email.

BlondeBomber Dec 23, 2002 8:28 am

Presume this is just the Sheraton switching sides?

CA Platinum Dec 23, 2002 10:01 am

My 19 yr old neice works there. I'll have to give her a call and see if I can get the inside scoop. I had no idea it was switching.

jja34-1 Dec 27, 2002 4:24 am

It seems that the El Conquistador has indeed left Sheraton - it is no longer listed on the web site. Too bad - it's a fairly nice hotel, although service seems to have declined a bit in the past few years. It is also mainly populated by conventions during the high season.

Bourne Dec 30, 2002 8:59 pm

Sheraton El Conquistador Resort being rebranded as Hilton...

FYI

http://www.starwood.com/sheraton/sea...propertyID=498

Gandalf Dec 30, 2002 9:20 pm

If the other "five" soon to be properties are like the El Conquistador, this will put some high line properties into the Hilton fold.
Let's see, the first two high end acquistions were in Texas and Arizona. Can California, Florida or Hawaii be far behind?

G

mlsmn Dec 31, 2002 5:36 am

what are the other properties being reflaged?
anyone know?

Gordon is A Liar May 24, 2003 7:12 pm

Has anyone stayed at the "new" Hilton "El Conquistador Resort"?

Has anyone stayed at the "new" Hilton "El Conquistador Resort"?

AABelflyer May 25, 2003 12:38 pm

Did not stay at the conq, but have at the hilton east. It's not a resort or anywhere close to it if you are looking for one. I was upgraded as Gold to the last floor and it was okay and clean, but nothing special. The conq is a 20-25 minutes drive from Tucson.

The _Banking_Scot Aug 15, 2003 4:06 pm

Hi,

I will be staying there for 3 nights ( 6-9th Sept ) with my parents.

Will comment upon my return.

Regards

TBS

MIKEM Aug 15, 2003 6:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gordon is A Liar:
Has anyone stayed at the "new" Hilton "El Conquistador Resort"?</font>
I was there in June having dinner. It is a very nice place. There was serious construction going on in the pool area then. Since I travel to Tucson enough I checked it out. They have Casitas rooms on the perimeter and regular rooms facing inward at the pool area. They claim to upgrade Diamonds and Golds. One or two golf courses and a very good gym. I plan a stay the next time I'm there.

fabuluck Aug 18, 2003 9:12 pm

I stayed there for a week earlier this year.
The pool was seriously under construction. Once the pool area is completed it should be nice.

They have a nice hair & nail salon. I also had a massage. The workout room was nice and fairly large.

I'm HH Gold. Didn't get the room I asked for, but the hotel was full with two conventions.

The _Banking_Scot Sep 15, 2003 12:26 pm

Hi,

As promised above , here is my (shortened) stay report.

Arr Sat 6th Sep
Dep Sun 7th Sep

We ( my parents and I) arrived around 3pm.
Check in was quick and friendly.
As my dad was HH Diamond ( I'm HH Gold)
We had been automatically upgraded to the casitas suites which are down the hill from the parking lot and the main hotel complex.
We also got a free bottle of water ( from the bottle supply in the room- $ 4 per large bottle and breakfast vouchers.
The slight problem with the Casitas is that many of them ( 2/3rds of them) are on paths that do not take cars ( only the hotel golf carts that are provided upon request to provide transportation).
Some of the others enroute to the casitas parking have spaces for cars.
While on the outside the casitas look small , on the inside they are large with a large living room with fireplace, large bedroom,lighted closed with a safe and a bathrobe and a bathroom with separate vanity area. The wc has its own phone.
The casitas have their own pool ( restrooms,towels in the casitas club).
Ice machine are available at one end of each casitas block so it is a little hike ( uphill) to the ice machine.
A minibar is provided but it is small so you cannot readily store your own drinks there.
The main building has fourbuilidng with rooms
around the main pool area with a large , deep pool,4 hole mini gold , a large water slide, a kiddies pool and spas.
The sundance cafe was closed on Sat evening for a reception so we had dinner at the Dos locos restaurant and it was good value for money and good service.
The Sundance Cafe is open for breakfast and although our HH coupons were ffor an All American breakfast we could use them for the buffet ( $2-3 extra for the full hot brekfast). Service appeared a little slow.
The fitness room is by the main building and was nicely decorated with new machines and large fans to cool the place down. A massage servce is provide( pay) and the locker rooms are very nice with shaving kits etc. ( free with the resort value pack, $10 per day otherwise, free with HH Gold/Diamond).

We decided to cut our stay here and head back to the Pointe Hilton Tapatio CLiffs as my dad has a problem with his heel ( gets painful after a while walking esp uphill/downhill as the casitas is downhill from the fitness centre/hotel) and with the trouble with parking here ( easier at the Tapatio).The staff did offer to move my parents into a Junior Suite in the main building but my parents felt the landscaping and rooms were a lot better at the TC.
I agree with the quality/interior wall decoration but found the rest of the hotel to be fine and in a beautiful location.
We paid the $50 early check out fee and headed back to Tapatio.
It can be diffcult to navigate by car at night as a lot of the orads do not have a lot of light and finding your way back to your casita parking spot can result in you missing your turning if you are not careful.

Overall I thought it was a nice resort with some caveats if you have more limited mobility but the quality of the Tapatio CLiffs is better.

Regards

TBS

[This message has been edited by The _Banking_Scot (edited 09-15-2003).]

YesHyM Jun 14, 2004 5:44 am

Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort

I did a search on this Hotel and only two threads appeared. Only learned that it was a Sheraton Property that Hilton acquired in 2002. There were no comments from people who stayed there. The picture of the hotel (with the mountains in the background) and the description of the property on their website appears to be an ideal vacation spot for the family. I would appreciate it if anyone who has stayed there would share their experience at this hotel.

Jailer Jun 14, 2004 12:06 pm

I'll be there the week of June 21st for a conference and will try to report back.