Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2001, 8:30 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

United flight from NRT was delayed and did not get into SIN until 2:45am.

Did not have to find front desk personnel as I've had to when arriving at some properties during that time in the morning. They (yes two!) were right at the counter as if they were waiting for me.

HHonors status was recognized and was upgraded to exec room. Room was small, but the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in (maybe the 19 hours of flying had something to do w/this?!?!).

Breakfast in the morning was exclusively western fare. Which was not bad, but read my thread on the Conrad Singapore and the typical breakfast is disappointing.

The hotel is on Orchard Road, which is one of the shopping streets in Singapore. There are too many shops to count w/in walking distance of the hotel.

Starbucks are located 100 yards on EACH side of the hotel. Wife liked that!!
Old Dec 3, 2001, 3:10 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Hilton Singapore hotel

I booked a "Diamond One Off 7P" rate at the SIN Hilton for S$128 nett, that is, including tax and service.

This seems like quite a deal since even Asiatravel is a lot higher and I've never seen nett rates on the web site, as opposed to the normal +++, (add on tax and service).

Anyway, my normal user-impaired search of FT didn't come up with any discussion, so I thought I'd mention it.
Rich
Old Dec 3, 2001, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Wow! If indeed that is in Singapore dollars, that is quite a deal! I was in Singapore for 8 days, returned just a few days ago, now I'm in Philly and my body doesn't know WHAT time zone I'm in! I had a very nice stay at the Singapore Hilton but paid about US $115 total per night -- still a good deal, but quite a bit more than SGD 128 (= $70 US). But by any chance is this a prepay in full, nonrefundable rate?

Kathy

[This message has been edited by KathyWdrf (edited 12-03-2001).]
Old Dec 3, 2001, 4:19 pm
rjh

This is not a prepay rate. Cancel by 6pm day of arrival.
Rich
Old Dec 3, 2001, 5:25 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

That's a great rate... can you explain what is a Diamond One Off rate? How/where did you book it?
Old Dec 3, 2001, 6:00 pm
SDK

I'm also urged to know what is mean by Diamond One Off.

I try to book a room at Bangkok and is shown ONLY US$45 per night under Diamond One Off rate. Yes, only US$45 per night. Not sure that can I book under this rate or not?

Anyone have any more information on Diamond One Off rate? I also email to Hhonors on this issue but haven't receive any reply yet. (.. less that 24 hours ago...)
Old Dec 3, 2001, 6:30 pm
rjh

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
That's a great rate... can you explain what is a Diamond One Off rate? How/where did you book it?</font>

I booked at the hilton.com site. At the time I booked, I included by HHonors number (I'm Gold, like everyone else), but I just did a query and the rate comes up without entering a HHonors number. The room is labelled Deluxe.

There's another rate called the DIAMOND CLUB 50 PCT (NK). This rate is higher, S$180, and exclusive of tax and service (+++), unlike the Diamond One Off 7P, which gets you a night for US$70 nett.

I'll be interested to see if I get upgraded and breakfast, as I have in the past at this property on other cheapo rates, though it's not a big deal since Starbucks is almost next door and the Delifrance knock-off is across the street.

The rate is enough to lure me from the Conrad and the Marriott (which has a S$200+++ deal, with a free weekend night for a 3 day stay).
Rich

Old Dec 3, 2001, 10:13 pm
SDK

Reply received from HiltonNet.

The rate is apply to Diamond Club member only. Membership ID at check-in is required to qualify for this rate.

The Diamond Club is a Membership Club for discounts at select Hilton International Hotels. Memberships can be purchased at the hotels.
Old Dec 3, 2001, 10:40 pm

Any idea how much the memberships are and what hotels it applies to? Those rates seemed awesome and it might be worth getting the membership if these low rates are available year round.
Old Dec 3, 2001, 11:09 pm

The Diamond Club is an Asia based thing. You need to have an australian address.
It is quite a good club costing $A225 but you get a free night at any hilton in Australia and
2 $A100 vouchers for any hilton in Australia.
also a voucher for asia which is what i think that rate is all about.
there is also 50% off 2 people dining or 20% off entire bill.
If there are any ESTABLISHED flyertalkers who require a card email me on
[email protected] and ill organise.
Old Dec 4, 2001, 3:18 am
Original Member

Programs: QF Platypus UA PE MM HH Diamond
Tinky - there is an Asian variant of the Diamond Club, now being advertised widely. Cost in Malaysia is RM428, which is about USD113.
Benefits include one free night at any Hilton in Malaysia, plus two special one time only vouchers, one good in Asia and the other in Australia. Assume that is what is being mentioned above.
The membership includes 6 transferable vouchers giving 50% disc at participating Hiltons, each valid for up to 4 consequtive nights, and two transferable vouchers giving a complimentary upgrade to Exec floor.
Have not joined, but might do so if other ft's found those transferable certs attractive.
Cheers
Koala
Old Dec 4, 2001, 7:19 am
rjh

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SDK:
Reply received from HiltonNet.

The rate is apply to Diamond Club member only. Membership ID at check-in is required to qualify for this rate.</font>

Well, this is very interesting. The web site terms and conditions for this rate mentions nothing about membership being required as it might for a AAA, AARP, or other membership rate.

I am not a member, but I booked the rate, not knowing about a membership requirement. Should I show up and expect to get the rate or should I book another rate, probably at the Marriott?
Rich
Old Dec 4, 2001, 1:31 pm

I would think that you might call the hotel directly and ask as i am sure this is the rate and requires a certificate.
Yes Koala- That is the club.
I didnt mention the other things although they are quite good.
I got a rate in Cairns using the 50% off voucher and it was around $143.
Old Dec 4, 2001, 2:33 pm
rjh

I'm letting the Hilton Internet Reservation Customer Service folks argue with the hotel. The issue is that the Diamond Club membership requirement isn't explicitly stated on the web site as it might be for an AAA or similar rate.

So far they've been getting nowhere with the duty manager who apparently wants to call me directly and negotiate a rate since I'm a repeat customer "who knows about the club." Well, though I am a repeat customer, I wasn't aware of the Diamond Club until now.

Hilton internet CS says they will talk to the hotel's general manager and try to get them to honor the rate as advertised. In the meantime I'll make a backup booking.

For any Hilton folks reading this, I am quite pleased with the advocacy shown by the Internet CS reps. (I gave the rep an "Atta boy" through his supervisor.)

Rich
Old Dec 4, 2001, 4:11 pm

Does anyone know whether this membership is available in HKG? It seems like a good investment even for just a couple of stays provided that one could get this kind of rate easily. Do stays using this rate count towards status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.